Group 7-day waking average?

3.6 for me on the Libre but finger prick shows 4.6 so no problem and I was 5.1 earlier on the LIbre when I woke to inject Levemir. Graph shows a lovely straight but gently downward sloping line overnight, despite a reduction in my evening Levemir. My 6.5 mile power walk yesterday and then up and down ladders pruning, drilling the wall and training my apricot trees most of the afternoon, is responsible for levels dropping overnight. Need to swing the legs again today. Probably not so far as feet a little sore and don't want to risk blisters, but another basal reduction is on the cards..... I like basal reductions! 🙂 Probably should have reduced my morning dose but went high last night at dinner time again so kept it the same and will just go steady on bolus insulin through the day today if my levels go high.

@eggyg Hope you have a safe and smooth journey and a lovely holiday.

@SB2015 So sorry to hear about your friend too. Hope they are able to get prompt treatment and prognosis is good.

@Kaylz Hope your appointment goes without a hitch and you find it useful.

@Grannylorraine Congrats on your House Special.

8:13am - 12.8 for me this morning - 2.0 units advised correction done and 16.0 units of tresiba done

9:22am - 10.0 bef breakfast - 38g of carbs instead of 36g like it usually is and the reason is because it was warburtons white bread instead of hovis - no correction was advised and 5.0 units of humalog

23:26pm - 9.9 bef bed - even though it was above 8mmol for bed I had 6g of carbs which was a rich tea biscuit - I also had a few slices of extra mature cheddar cheese - Insulin calculator advised 1.5 units of humalog but I dismissed it because I don't like taking fast acting insulin when I'm going to bed.

During the evening I had 2 gin and diet coke and a bag of walkers crisps 13g of carbs no insulin

Morning All
A 6.6 this morning on waking at 07:15
As it’s coming to mid morning I’ve got a decision to make.
Two hours after breakfast I was 6.1. Yesterday it was 8.2 then suddenly dived to 3.8 before lunch at 13:15.
Obviously need a few carbs mid morning but what? 3 cream crackers (16 carbs). 2 digestives (10 carbs) or Banana (23 carbs). Guess what? Play Rock Paper Scissors or hip dip Tom tip.
What could my pancreas decide to do? Oh it hasn’t put anything in so it tips a bucketful into the system. Or it does nothing.
Guessing.
Sod it
I’ll have a banana and mug black coffee and see what happens!!!
These decisions are not faced by our non diabetic counterparts and they don’t understand.

A 5.9 for me at 05:21 this morning. It's my wedding anniversary today so will cook something nice for dinner. My wife is a steak-a-holic so I suspect I will have to make a trip to the farm shop for a couple of rib eyes. We also have the health visitor today for the babies weigh in.

Congrats to @Grannylorraine on the HS

Nine years ago - we scrubbed up quite well 🙂

Attachments

• mummy daddy & alfie.JPG
    mummy daddy & alfie.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 14
@Grannylorraine congrats on your HS
@adrian1der happy anniversary! Thats a lovely photo of you all.

Grrrr! The last two mornings i've had decent waking levels but on both mornings, despite having my usual breakfast and being quite active, i've spiked massively after 2-3 hours and needed a 2u correction! Whats going on i wonder? I hope i don't need to start tweaking insulin again

My wife is a steak-a-holic so I suspect I will have to make a trip to the farm shop for a couple of rib eyes
She deserves a big thick reverse seared steak.

Busy day here doing pretty much nothing. Hmmm. Some shopping and a short trip to the beach. A bit too hot.

5.5 BG this morning. 5.2 this evening !!! 🙂

Is there an evening HS ?

Busy day here doing pretty much nothing. Hmmm. Some shopping and a short trip to the beach. A bit too hot.

5.5 BG this morning. 5.2 this evening !!! 🙂

Is there an evening HS ?
Only if you believe in the tooth fairy.

Good morning. Looks so dark out there now. Just a few weeks ago, at this time, it would have bern light and welcomming. I will try to persuade myself to get out for some exercise on the beach this morning. Feeling a bit lazy though.

My weight has been stable now at around 55.5 Kg for over 10 days which is good.

BG this morning 5.1

@Grannylorraine congrats on your HS
@adrian1der happy anniversary! Thats a lovely photo of you all.

Grrrr! The last two mornings i've had decent waking levels but on both mornings, despite having my usual breakfast and being quite active, i've spiked massively after 2-3 hours and needed a 2u correction! Whats going on i wonder? I hope i don't need to start tweaking insulin again
Hi @freesia
Do you have a different plan with insulin doses for holidays compared to term time. Although I was still very active in the holidays, I found I needed different ratios. It was enough that I just upped them by a small percentage. I think it was just that the days were more relaxed. I found that just doing the tweak as soon as the holidays started stopped me having to think and fiddle around with gradually changing things I hope that you can get things sorted.

6.0 this morning and a nice line. Catching up on sleep after a few bad days, but still reeling from the shock of my friend’s diagnosis. Waiting for the next steps is so hard. Thanks for the best wishes.

@SueEK it is good to read that you are being well monitored after your op, and making such steady progress.
Congrats on HS yesterday @grannieannie
Nice photo @adrian1der and a belated happy anniversary.
@Kaylz I hope the call went well and was useful.

Another warm day to come and another busy day
Enjoy whatever you do.

4.5 Party this weekend and all I'm worried about is people walking on my Lawn, it's taken me a year to get it perfect so might have to put signs up (Keep off grass)

Morning all. :D 4.3 here.

Nothing much on the cards today, apart from trying to keep a lid on the chaos that ensues when OH is doing DIY. He managed to belt-sander one of his finger tips yesterday, 😱 so at least he won’t be mixing cement today. The end product is always great, but the journey getting there is usually mayhem. The garden’s covered in sawdust! 😳 Can I come round to yours @Maca44 and admire your lovely lawn?!!:D

Morning all, 6.3 here. Had a trip out to a garden yesterday, and was reminded why we never go through Burford in the summer holidays. 15 minutes both ways to do half a mile. It was bliss during the lockdowns, zipping straight up the hill with no traffic or pedestrians.

Back