Group 7-day waking average?

Morning All
A 7.1 for me today
Stay well and safe.

Last edited:
Morning all, 7.5 here, the run of 5s I had seem well and truly done.
I had stopped warming up my sensors for 24hrs, @New-journey , but the one before last resolutely read 2.8 for the first night, and only sprang into life after I’d mentioned to OH that I would be contacting Abbott! Thereafter it was spot on, so I've gone back to applying them the day before activation. My first couple of Libre 2s also read higher than a fingerprick for the whole duration, but the last few have been spot on.
Thanks @Robin I think next time I will. I have started speaking loudly and telling my sensor I will have words with Abbott and see if it works. 😉 I don't mind if it is lower than the fingerprick, but higher is a big problem for me.

6.3 today and a new PB of 97% TIR

@New-journey I have gone the other way and I am now applying my sensors at least 12 hours in advance. I was always wary of the adhesive not lasting as I lost a few sensors towards the end of their life, with them coming loose/off in the shower. Now that I have an arm strap, I am happy to apply them in advance and know that they will be secure for the full time plus some, so I now give them bedding in time although I have always found the Libre 1 pretty accurate right from the 60 min start up for me. I still haven't switched over to the Libre 2 yet and not in any rush although the upgrade has been sanctioned. The original Libre works so well for me I am really loath to change, especially when it seems that quite a few people have had teething problems with the Mark 2. Like you, I am used to it always reading slightly lower than a finger prick so a change like that might throw me a bit.

@stackingcups Welcome to the thread and look forward to seeing your levels come down into range as your insulin regime is adjusted to suit your body.

Good morning everyone 🙂 Hope you have a good day

5.9 this morning. Opticians appointment went fine with no prescription change. Didn’t buy any clothes (hometown has never been good if I’m honest) sadly.

Helping out in my nan’s garden today 🙂

6.3 today and a new PB of 97% TIR

@New-journey I have gone the other way and I am now applying my sensors at least 12 hours in advance. I was always wary of the adhesive not lasting as I lost a few sensors towards the end of their life, with them coming loose/off in the shower. Now that I have an arm strap, I am happy to apply them in advance and know that they will be secure for the full time plus some, so I now give them bedding in time although I have always found the Libre 1 pretty accurate right from the 60 min start up for me. I still haven't switched over to the Libre 2 yet and not in any rush although the upgrade has been sanctioned. The original Libre works so well for me I am really loath to change, especially when it seems that quite a few people have had teething problems with the Mark 2. Like you, I am used to it always reading slightly lower than a finger prick so a change like that might throw me a bit.

@stackingcups Welcome to the thread and look forward to seeing your levels come down into range as your insulin regime is adjusted to suit your body.
Thanks @rebrascora and I will now wait before I activate it. I have loved my Libre 2, and the alarm going off when I am low has helped me so much. I now sleep soundly as I am no longer worried about going too low during the night. So hopefully this is just a blip and it will correct itself after 24 hours. I also need to get a arm strap!

6.5 this morning, been out for a 10k run this morning thought I was taking it easy with what seemed like a slow pace, and acheived a personal best pace for 10k. Still slow, but felt good to see that.

Have a lovely Friday everyone,

Good morning. A 5.5 for me after 2 corrections overnight!!! I have no idea what is going on at all as we are walking so much while we are away!! Hopefuly it will settle soon. The days are all levels within range or mid 4s so just don't understand whats happening when i sleep. Could it be the meals out, the glass of wine, too much exercise.....ah who knows any more. Back to normal Sunday so we'll see.

Didn’t buy any clothes (hometown has never been good if I’m honest) sadly.
The town I live in is even worse here in Scotland, I mean we don't even have a clothes or shoe shop and haven't done for years 🙄 xx

Thanks @rebrascora and I will now wait before I activate it. I have loved my Libre 2, and the alarm going off when I am low has helped me so much. I now sleep soundly as I am no longer worried about going too low during the night. So hopefully this is just a blip and it will correct itself after 24 hours. I also need to get a arm strap!
I used to have anxiety about going low overnight but then I had a spate of nocturnal hypos for several weeks even having reduced my evening basal down to zero and of course I woke each time and dealt with it which kind of reassured me that I can trust my body and that I don't need to worry about night time lows. So much so that I am actually considering switching the alarms off at night when I get Libre 2 so that they don't disturb my sleep with possible compression lows or other erroneous low readings or even natural lows. It is amazing how diabetes affects your mental outlook. I have gone from wanting something with alarms to now considering disabling them once I get that !unction. Total U-turn in outlook!

A 5.1 for me at 06:29 this morning.

8.0 for me - happy Friday everyone

Went to bed last night at 4.5, was 5.2 before breakfast this morning. About to start lunch, I'm 5.0.
Congratulations on what we call an House Special. 5.2 is the nominated optimum waking reading and gets you a metaphorical gold star for the day.... wear it with pride! 😉 😎

Congratulations! I missed it myself by 0.1 on the meter. Ah well.

Back