Group 7-day waking average?

8.0 at 8:10am for me today. Cloudy and 17deg bit of a breeze coming up from the sea front, can smell the salt/ozone in the air, hope it brightens up later here in not-so-sunny Poole. At least the grockles aren't getting wet....
@Kaylz Hope your grandad gets sorted.

Morning all. 7.8 with an horizontal arrow here this morning on my brand new Libre sensor which I have been waiting to initialise for the last hour, so not exactly a waking reading. Finger prick shows 7.6 so looks like this is a good one. Will do another test or two throughout the day just to get a feel for how it is shaping up.
I am getting a pallet of wood pellets delivered today so they will all be to hand ball into my feed room. May need a few jelly babies to keep me in range as that is a lot of bending lifting and carrying. Should probably have reduced my basal as I had to keep topping up with JBs yesterday and I spent most of the day sitting around at the vets with my sister doing very little exercise at all so no idea why I kept going low except that I always seem to go low when I am over that side of the country with her.... there must be something in the air. Came home last night and had to start injecting insulin because levels were rising and needed 3 corrections before bed and I didn't get home until 10pm!!

Good Morning
A 6.4 here this morning
Have a great day.

Good morning everyone 🙂
6:34am and a tiny bit under target at 4.6 for me - 16 units of tresiba taken
23:16pm 4.7 at bedtime - because it was below my bedtime BGL of 8mmol I had 23g of carbs and no humalog - my 23g of carbs was 4x rich tea biscuits

I might be wrong here so any help would be appreciated - do the differences between bedtime BGL and waking BGL show if your background insulin is working as it should do?

6.9 today. One of our friends from the caravan site coming to visit today which will be nice. Am feeling I can do more but only for very short periods and am being strict with myself.
Have a good day all x

Good morning everyone 🙂
6:34am and a tiny bit under target at 4.6 for me - 16 units of tresiba taken
23:16pm 4.7 at bedtime - because it was below my bedtime BGL of 8mmol I had 23g of carbs and no humalog - my 23g of carbs was 4x rich tea biscuits

I might be wrong here so any help would be appreciated - do the differences between bedtime BGL and waking BGL show if your background insulin is working as it should do?
That's how I see it and adjust my basal accordingly, mind you I'm on levemir twice daily so can adjust daytime and nighttime independently.

It's an 8.3 for me.

Looking very overcast here but we are going to chance a walk. We have a lovely reservoir near us that's filled with swans, ducks, geese and tons and tons of babies..... oh not forgetting the robins that land on your hand if you remember to take them some seeds. I did 2 laps of the reservoir yesterday so will try that again as it had a great effect on my bg yesterday.

Have a good day everyone

That's how I see it and adjust my basal accordingly, mind you I'm on levemir twice daily so can adjust daytime and nighttime independently.
Thanks @khskel I thought so

A 5.6 for me at 06:02 this morning

Good morning - 3.2
Good morning Michael

How do you feel with levels that low in the morning? Could you reduce your basal insulin overnight?
I know that this has been suggested before, and there are difficulties for you changing you basal insulin to help with this. However with more hypos overnight, the more your body is going to get used to these, and the more you are likely to lose your hypo awareness.

I hope that you have a good day.

6.5 this morning and glad to be back in auto mode. The pump will still be using some fairly erratic data as part of its calculations, but it still does better overall than me. This is VERY early for me but too much to do to get back to sleep.

Joined a new choir yesterday. It is going to be so lovely to be singing together again, but we don’t start until September. Doing my first ever open mic event this evening with two friends. Feel slightly sick at the thought of it, but I have prepared well so it is just the nerves to deal with.

Glad you are feeling better bit by bit @SueEK

Have a good day all.

Good morning 5.6

Have a great day everybody

Good dark morning to you all. Three calm days in a row. Some record. Glad though.

5.4 this morning.

No idea why but my blood pressure has been slightly high this last week. Keeping an eye on it.

Back