Group 7-day waking average?

08:44 BS 6.2 🙂 Very consistent!

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Can’t hang about today as I’ve booked to have blood tests of liver & kidney function: still need to book before going to get blood tests; long queues in a crowded room are done away with, though, which is a very good thing! And my 9am alarm has just gone off! Need to get moving for breakfast before I leave the house! 🙄

One last post, from notes: you can imagine, guess where they are & what the emojis! 🙄:D😉

So, what happened at the Olympics on Day 16?

Well, one final shock in rhythmic gymnastics group all around final! The Mighty Russians have also dominated here wining gold every Olympics since 2000 but, were toppled yet again when they were beaten by Bulgaria: another shock! So, Bulgaria won a gold in rhythmic gymnastics! A VERY DONE to Bulgaria!

Unfortunately no highlights video of its own but, highlights of the final is on the Red Button Day 16 stream 04:00 to 08:00 at around the 1 hour & 36/37 minutes mark after the ladies basketball! Only both of Bulgaria’s gold medal routines: 1 with 5 balls; the other with 3 hoops & 2 sets of clubs ie. 4 clubs altogether! Not very much shown this Olympics but, I got to see SOME of it at least!

Also, there’s a bit more of the top groups’ qualifying ball routines, presumably they did the same routines in the final, on Day 15 red button stream 04:00 to 08:00 around the 25 minutes mark after the men’s basketball! Bulgaria qualifying in 1st, ROC in 2nd & Italy in 3rd which is exactly the way the medals went too.

There’s a bit more of the individual qualifying on Day 14 red button stream 04:00 to 08:00 around the 2 hours & 53 minutes mark after the ladies hockey. ROC’s twins qualifying 1st & 2nd, as usual: Linoy Ashram of Israel in 3rd REALLY stepped it up to take the lead from the start in the final & never lost it for gold; Alina Harnasko of Belarus in 4th but, overtook Arina Averina, after her big mistake with the ribbon, in the final for bronze!

Finally, remember I mentioned before about the sumo wrestler showing jumping fence startling horses & riders with it’s great big bottom? If you watch the footage on Day 12 live stream BBC 2 12:00 to 12:45 of the first ride before the jump off it was facing the riders about to jump this fence bottom out as in the photo below: in the jump off of the six riders afterwards, course was changed in between; the sumo wrestler was changed to facing the other way so, riders saw it’s face instead of its bottom! The final six jump off has it’s own individual show jumping final video under Day 12.

4DA1E4A1-98CE-4F0D-84D2-7CA6C2BB3116.jpeg

Just imagine the close up view as the horses & riders were about to jump!

Got this from the BBC Sport website where there are other amazing photos taken during these games! I particularly like Tom Daley’s photo when he won his gold medal! Here’s the link:-

Incidentally, I’m going to watch, at some stage after I catch up on sleep, the artistic swimming duets & team finals that I missed: found their own videos under Day 12 & Day 15; have to wait for those videos to come up to about a day later that makes it SO much easier to find as there’s a lot of channel hopping when watching things live! The BBC patches all of it together in one video but, only for the most popular sports that people want to see!

I’m pleased about the name change from synchronised swimming to artistic swimming & highlighting it as a serious sport that needs, trains & builds up a superior lung capacity in order to doit! It’s a sport that’s had a lot of “schtick”! I’ve always admired it especially, since I can’t swim! Also, as an asthmatic rather envious of the swimmers’ lung capacity!

Shop and scan scares me. I’m worried I won’t scan something and I’ll get arrested! 😱
Yup, that’s the fear that held me back for some time. I simply put an item in the trolley if I haven’t scanned it, then scan and in the bag. You’ll develop a routine that you’re comfortable with. It’s well worth the effort to escape the tyranny of the speed merchants on the tills. And the queues.

I also don’t like walking out of a shop without a receipt for purchases.

I’m pleased about the name change from synchronised swimming to artistic swimming & highlighting it as a serious sport that needs, trains & builds up a superior lung capacity in order to doit! It’s a sport that’s had a lot of “schtick”! I’ve always admired it especially, since I can’t swim! Also, as an asthmatic rather envious of the swimmers’ lung capacity!
Each to his own but I find it boring. For people who find, for example, cricket boring are unlikely to suddenly find it interesting if they changed the name of the sport. :D:D

@eggyg & @HenryBennett
I use the Sainsbo's shop and scan app too. But it's still a bit buggy. Three times it's deleted my shopping list just as I got inside the store. A few times it's deleted the basket contents and I've had to stand there like a lemon, empty the bags and re-scan again. 😡 Also it's got something against me and thinks I'm being fraudulent. Most times at checkout it calls for someone to come and do a sample scan to check I'm being honest. 😱

Apart from all that it's OK. :D🙄
You must be on a naughty boy list. There was a period of a couple of weeks when the app simply didn’t load and I used the hand held scanner. I use my own shopping list, but haven’t encountered any bugs in the app (famous last words!) I’ve only twice had a ”border check”.

Last edited:
1628498237432.png

Where did you get that Picture of me I was just testing my new pants out

Checking in with a 5.1 at 06:41 this morning. There is quite a wind blowing in West Berks this morning so looks like being a blustery day of sunshine and showers before (hopefully) the better weather arrives tomorrow.

Also it's got something against me and thinks I'm being fraudulent. Most times at checkout it calls for someone to come and do a sample scan to check I'm being honest.
It’s just occurred to me that Sainsbury’s possibly like to make life interesting for their employees by regularly choosing handsome cowboys and not ugly baboons. ??

BTW @Lanny we’re all expecting the daily synopsis of the Paralympics.

@HenryBennett Oddly, enough, I never watch them! Always seem to forget & miss them! 😳
I’ll remind you😉

I attended a number of events at London 2012 - both Olympics and Paralympics. The Paralympic events were just as exciting, especially in a full stadium.

Last edited:
I think we should award @Lanny her own special category gold medal for her sterling daily updates and commentary. 😉:D
Yup. Not a thought for her own safety or hand/wrist health.

7.9 for me this morning after a 1.5 unit correction earlier for a 9.7 and multiple stacked corrections before bed. For some reason, going over to my sister's for riding and dinner causes me BG mayhem. Had 3 hypoes whilst there and then went hyper before I set off for home. Stacked 2x 2 unit corrections which brought me down to 8 by the time I got home but then went up again and needed 2 more corrections before bed and I was absolutely shattered and fighting sleep. My Libre graph skipped over and under the upper limit of my range (10) all night and was still reluctant to respond to insulin this morning. Had a really lovely day despite the BG upheaval but it has completely wrecked my Libre stats!

I need to hit the shops today too, but I'm old fashioned and British through and through. Why would I want to pass up on an opportunity to form an orderly queue? 🙄

Congrats to @adrian1der on your HS on Sat.... At least I think I read somewhere that you got the magic number at some point over the weekend.

I need to hit the shops today too, but I'm old fashioned and British through and through. Why would I want to pass up on an opportunity to form an orderly queue?
:D 😛

7.9 for me this morning after a 1.5 unit correction earlier for a 9.7 and multiple stacked corrections before bed. For some reason, going over to my sister's for riding and dinner causes me BG mayhem. Had 3 hypoes whilst there and then went hyper before I set off for home. Stacked 2x 2 unit corrections which brought me down to 8 by the time I got home but then went up again and needed 2 more corrections before bed and I was absolutely shattered and fighting sleep. My Libre graph skipped over and under the upper limit of my range (10) all night and was still reluctant to respond to insulin this morning. Had a really lovely day despite the BG upheaval but it has completely wrecked my Libre stats!

I need to hit the shops today too, but I'm old fashioned and British through and through. Why would I want to pass up on an opportunity to form an orderly queue? 🙄

Congrats to @adrian1der on your HS on Sat.... At least I think I read somewhere that you got the magic number at some point over the weekend.
After reading about “glitches” and “bugs” and “honesty checks”. I’ll carry on with shopping the old fashioned way like you Barbara, thank you very much. I was in Aldi at 9, Tesco at 9.40, home for 10.15. Smug or what? Took me, with a bit of help from Mr Eggy, until 11 to put it away though! Now planning my batch cooking day tomorrow. So excited! Do I need to get a life? 😉

Back