Group 7-day waking average?

First up again... a 5.1 this morning. Very difficult getting any blood out of my fingers. May be the cooler weather to blame.

Nothing planned for today.

4.2 for me restless sleep again can't have everything I suppose.

Morning all. :D 6.2 here.

Hubby’s finished his jobs in the newish downstairs bathroom / mud room area, so it’s time to clean, prime, paint and get it finished once and for all. 😛Thank goodness it’s raining, otherwise I’d be tempted out into the garden instead.

It’s grab-all-the-medals-you-can day at the Olympics before it’s all over - where’s our roving reporter?:D

8.4 today, belting with rain feel so sorry for the poor grockles on holiday here.

08:01 BS 6.3 🙂

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

A sure sign I haven’t had enough sleep: I’m SO blurry eyed that I have to zoom the text right up; needs must as I have tesco coming 09:00 to 10:00 & set alarm for 8am! o_O

I knew this would be LONG so pasted from notes again so, just imagine the emojis: where would they be? 🙄:D😉

So, what happened at the Olympics on Day 15?

First off I watched the mens pentathlon where again I saw the brief round up of the fencing & swimming rounds to see where the the two GB men were at before the live show jumping on the red button. Joe Choong was sitting at the top spot gong into the show jumping & had, luckily, drawn the same horse, Clntino, as Kate did the day before: one of the few clear rounds done by the ladies so, it’s a nice forgiving horse: just a bit slow! REALLY enjoyed Heather Fell’s commentary again & only 4 riders were eliminated! It was a long wait to see Joe go last & he brought the first fence down when he tried to hurry up Clntino but, otherwise a clear round to stay at the top.

Switched over to BBC1 , again recap of first 2 rounds & shorter highlights of the show jumping before the live laser run: expected it after yesterday; but, enjoyed hearing Heather Fell’s commentary on the red button: don’t remember ever hearing the horse’s viewpoint before in commentary; learnt a lot & really quite funny!

Joe, started first but, only had a 12 seconds lead but, stayed in front although, the field were gaining on him bit by bit as shooting is his one weakness: let him down in Rio 2016; worked on it & did better this time! Then, the Egyptian competitor was just behind him after the last shoot & overtook him but, Joe mustered up his sprint mode to overtake for the lead again & pulled away to win!

Finally I watched the highlights, on the red button after all the live sport was over, about 15:15, the highlights of rhythmic gymnastics, the individual all around final: qualification was the day before & I only found, by trawling through the live overnight footage, a tiny bit of footage of the top 3 qualifiers only!

For those that don’t know, rhythmic gymnastics is where floor routines are performed with 4 different pieces of apparatus, the hoop, the ball, the clubs & the ribbon, to music! The apparatus is thrown in the air & graceful acrobatic moves are performed under it, while it’s in the air, before catching it!

It was only the 2nd time I’ve ever managed to see it at the Olympics, London 2012 online was the other time, as it’s just not that well known with no British interests!

The rhythmic gymnastics 2012 GB team had to fight the powers that be all the way to even compete: never competed before & SO behind the rest of the competing nations it would be embarrassing; all Kudos to the team GB ladies who worked SO hard to BE at the Olympics! They came last in qualification so, not in the final but, didn’t embarrass us either: raised a little bit of awareness in this little known sport; I only saw a few world championships, in the late 80’s & early 90’s, & it was a decade later before I saw it again at the Olympics! It wasn’t shown on TV & people just wasn’t aware of it here in the UK! And the sport had moved on in that decade I never saw it!

Teams were completely new to me in London 2012 & I was REALLY impressed by teams of 5 ladies throwing, catching, twirling around the different pieces of apparatus on the floor: all thrown at precisely different heights so, they don’t clash in the air; all 5 in sync & in time with the music while doing graceful acrobatic moves under the apparatus, while it’s in the air, before catching! WOW! I was blown away by THAT! Imagine the choas that could happen, saw some in qualification, if anything is mis-timed! I couldn’t get enough of it & watched everything online but, only because it was available to us as the host nation!

I didn’t see any rhythmic gymnastics at all in Rio 2016 & didn’t think I’d get to see any this time either & very pleased to see some highlights another decade later!

I called these the “Shocking Olympics” quite early on & it certainly was in artistic gymnastics so, it also proved in rhythmic gymnastics as well!

The Mighty Russians have dominated the sport winning gold every Olympics since 1996! ROC’s pair of identical twins, Arina & Dina Averina , were the favourites to win gold & silver in the individual all around event as they have done at every world championship, 3 of them, during the build up to these Olympics: it was just a question of which twin would out do the other?

Israel, who had just won it’s first ever medal in artistic gymnastics, gold in the mens floor, earlier also, won gold in the all around event: a MASSIVE shock; in the lead ahead of the Averina twins in every rotation!

So, Israel has now toppled the Mighty Russians to also win it’s first ever medal in rhythmic gymnastics! A VERY WELL done to Linoy Ashram of Israel for winning gold! Israel have had a Wonderful games winning 2 gold medals, 1 each in artistic & rhythmic, in gymnastics! Go, Go, Go! the unknown underdogs that CAN win gold!

Catch it under its own, highlights video under Day 15, & see what you think? My favourite pieces are the ribbon & the clubs: twirling a six foot ribbon around IS NOT EASY & can get knotted; twirling clubs around with both hands is REALLY HARD also, with two of them it doubles the potential of dropping the apparatus!

The team’s all around qualification was yesterday, again could only find a tiny bit of footage of the top teams’ ball routines, & the final is today, Day 16. Hopefully I get to see the highlights of that final as well & have it’s own highlights video, under Day 16, so it’s easier to find if you want to give THAT a go as well? I highly recommend it as it still WOWS me as to what they do?

The Olympics is almost over, the final day today, & the closing ceremony starts at 12:00

Last commentary tomorrow morning! It won’t be so long: I promise; probably noticed but, I’m not into ahletics, boxing & not too fussed about cycling either! That only remains the rhythmic gymnastics, oops! it’s group final IF I get to see at least the highlights? Oh! I might try & catch the women’s beach volleyball: NOT to drool, though, like you men; I still say the men should go topless to be fair!

5.3 this morning. 🙂
And well done @New-journey on the House Special. 🙂

Dez

First morning of our holiday and we got a 5.9, by far the lowest morning reading yet. It was preceded by a decent sized cooked breakfast yesterday, half a bottle of champagne, a small slice of homemade lemon drizzle cake (a welcome gift in the cottage we're saying in) and for tea chicken breast with ratatouille. As you can imagine we're very pleased with that result!

Morning

8.0 for me

Been awake since 4am, something woke me up although no idea what and just couldn't drift off for the 1 hour and 20 minutes before my alarm (not that it goes off very often as usually get up about 5:10am) roll on dinner time as I'll be attempting a nap afterwards and if Bruce even attempts to watch anything on his phone I'll punch him! haha
xx

Morning all, another nice round 6 on the meter.

We have, at last, had the promised rain. That’s it now though, I’m bored with it! It’s filled up the water butt and watered the veggies. Bye! Unfortunately it’s set for the day, I’ll have to blow the dust off the tumble dryer as I’ve stripped the bed and done a hot wash. Better put another sixpence in the electric metre!😉

Have a great Sunday, I think we’ll all be getting a bit damp.🙂

Congratulations @New-journey on your HS. 🙂

6.1 for me this morning which I am very happy with as I was a little cavalier both with my insulin and food last night and went to bed on 5.6 with significant active insulin but levels behaved beautifully. Diabetic fairy obviously swapped my overnight graph with @khskel. I have to say, it is rather reassuring to know that you have occasionally disruptive readings, despite your near perfect results each and every morning.

@Ibby Good to see your husband's reading is back down into the 8s again. Hope that continues.

@Kitty W Fab reading and sounds like you had a great day with a treat or two thrown in. Well done to you both. Have a great time.

@New-journey Congratulations on your House Special!

@Michael12421 I am wondering if you have an infection brewing with those readings. Or could it be that your quick acting insulin is getting too old? I imagine you don't use a lot of it since you usually just eat one meal a day and it is supposed to be discarded after 30 days from opening a new pen. That said, I never do, but if you are getting well down on that pen, it might be worth discarding and starting a new one. If that doesn't work you are probably looking at a basal increase but please do lots more testing if you go for that option.

Morning all, Let’s take a guess at the BG this morning. I was 6.7 with a upwards arrow half an hour ago, just checked again to see if it had levelled itself out and it reckoned I was 4.5 with a horizontal arrow.
I guess it is fibbing then.... or was. Did you do a finger prick to see if that second one was correct? Is that Libre 1 or 2? Could you have woken up lying on the sensor and it was recovering rather too enthusiastically from a compression low?

That has just prompted me to do a "calibration" check on mine as I haven't done a finger prick for a few days.......
5.2 on the Libre 1 and stable at that for the last half hour ..... and 5.4 on the finger prick, so that will do me nicely! I do love my Libre 1 and how well it works for me and I am now really quite anxious about the upgrade.

Good morning everyone 🙂
6:01
Waking 6:01am
BGL 5.9
Carbs 0g
Insulin (correction) 0.0 units
Insulin (food) 0.0 units
Insulin (basal) 16.0 units
Bolus advice (total) 0.0 units
Basal advice (total) 16.0 units

Back