Group 7-day waking average?

How often should you change the needle?
It is advised to use a fresh lancet every time but many of us just use it until it's too blunt and starts to hurt, I suppose it's easier for those of us with an accu-chek fastclix lancing device as they use a drum so the lancet itself is never exposed to elements etc xx

I always take mine between 10pm and 11pm, i've not been told it has to be a fixed time. Occasionally it has been taken after 11pm but its only occasionally. I always thought that as Tresiba is a longer lasting basal it does you give some leeway on the timing
Thank you

8.5 this morning for me after 5 attempts - kept getting error 2 (not enough blood) on the meter - I had the needle set at 3.5 (out of 5) oh and it was a new needle I had just added. How often should you change the needle? We had some crackers and cheese last night not long before bed maybe that wasn't a great idea?
Go to 5 but just rest it on finger don't push down you need a good blob of blood so you don't waist too many readers. I would not use a used needle in case of contamination from last test but that's upto you as I have said before.

First China were leading & made a mistake on the floor to drop to 3rd then, spent the rest of the final playing catch up. The new format of 1 gymnast from each country’s team going on to be followed by 1 gymnast from the other country going after meant that each of the two teams on each piece of apparatus were kind of eyeballing each like gladiators at first then, they were showing off to each other & showboating in the absence of an arena audience, loved that! 😛 China clawed their way back to 2nd place ahead of Japan with the ROC in 1st place for the last rotation with China & Japan on the high bar & Russia, commentators, presenters & I keep forgetting to call them the ROC, on the floor. Everybody went all out with China on the high bar making it through without falling, Japan the same then, Russia stepped out of the floor & China were 1st. Next China all out on the high bar & no falling, Phew! Japan the same & Russia stepped out of the floor AGAIN & China still 1st. Then, China still going all out barely held onto the bar Japan did the performance of the competition with a massive score overtaking China & be 1st! Russia went almost all out but, stayed IN the floor, did a double instead of his triple just teetering at the very tip of the corner & he’d have been OUT if he went for the triple to only JUST held onto to 1st by 0.033! Team GB finished in 4th with The ROC, Japan & China in the medal positions! Aw! It was high drama!😱😛😎:D Catch it on iPlayer!:D
@Lanny you would be great as a commentator!

I would not use a used needle in case of contamination from last test but that's upto you as I have said before.
I believe a lot of the "old hands" 😛 on here change theirs once a year on Saint Swithin's Day. I change mine whenever I open a new pot of 50 test strips. 🙄
I reckon I've got enough lancets to last me 'til I'm 100+ years old.

A late check in for me today but very pleased to report a 5.2 at 06:47 this morning 🙂

4.9 and a stinking migraine for me today. Taking advantage of not been at work and not long got up

Have a good rest of the day one and all.

Hope then child feeding goes well @eggyg they seem to eat a lot ! I often wonder at school where they put it all and then puzzle that 2 hours after break they eat even more!

Interesting about needles. I change mine for every single finger prick. Less risk of contamination.

After waiting a couple of weeks, and on the verge of phoning my GP, I received a call about my latest blood tests.

My HbA1c was 39. All other readings for cholesterol, electrolytes etc were “good“. I was advised to cut the Metformin from two to one a day. I said that it had been agreed about a year ago that I could reduce from two to one! (Clearly my GP hadn’t put this on my medical records). The upshot is that I’m officially off the Metformin - yay!

They will do HbA1c again in three months. If that’s ok, in six months, and if that’s ok, every 12 months.

It was suggested I don‘t need to prick my finger every day, if at all. However, I’ll continue for a couple of weeks after stopping the Metformin and then review it.

My HbA1c was 39. All other readings for cholesterol, electrolytes etc were “good“. I was advised to cut the Metformin from two to one a day. I said that it had been agreed about a year ago that I could reduce from two to one! (Clearly my GP hadn’t put this on my medical records). The upshot is that I’m officially off the Metformin - yay!
Congrats @HenryBennett - and welcome to the club 🙂 Great result!

Well done Henry @HenryBennett on those great results. I too don't need to do a daily finger prick, but I've made so many good friends on this thread. I love the caring advice that I see posted to support others on here and love the great humour and banter as well. I long ago decided to keep my hand (or should that be fingers) in this thread. I hope you will do the same.

Dez

Well done Henry @HenryBennett on those great results. I too don't need to do a daily finger prick, but I've made so many good friends on this thread. I love the caring advice that I see posted to support others on here and love the great humour and banter as well. I long ago decided to keep my hand (or should that be fingers) in this thread. I hope you will do the same.

Dez
Thanks, I agree with all the above.

After waiting a couple of weeks, and on the verge of phoning my GP, I received a call about my latest blood tests.

They will do HbA1c again in three months. If that’s ok, in six months, and if that’s ok, every 12 months.

It was suggested I don‘t need to prick my finger every day, if at all. However, I’ll continue for a couple of weeks after stopping the Metformin and then review it.
Thats great news @HenryBennett! Congratulations and well done on those fantastic results.

Great news - congrats!!

Many congratulations to @HenryBennett. Fantastic achievement and hope that you will stick around even if you don't need to anymore.

Also congrats to @adrian1der on another house special. Some of you guys are starting to make it look far too easy!

@Bexlee So sorry you are struggling with a migraine now when you should be enjoying some R&R. Hope it eases soon. Have to say I really don't miss them. One of the blessings of my diabetes diagnosis, that I no longer suffer them.

6.4 This morning and a bit of a late post.

Having been to friends for a meal on Friday, out of the six of us, 4 have gone down with a sickness bug. They have each Started a day after the other, so not the food, so probably a virus. So far I am fine, and definitely keeping my distance from OH. hoping it has passed me by.

@Bexlee and @freesia and any other teachers - Have a proper break and rest over the holidays.
Enjoy your final week of Welsh, and I hope you get to continue via What’s app
Congratulations on the HS @adrian1der
Well done @HenryBennett , excellent results.
@Lanny keep the commentary coming. Very entertaining.

Weird weather today with intermittent rain but still very warm.
I hope that you have had a good day.

Back