Group 7-day waking average?

9.1 here. As much to do with the consumption of a Patisserie Valerie Mille Feuille last night as my change in Basal, probably! Levemir is still work in progress, I had a flat line til 6am then a sharp rise, don't think I've quite got the dose or the split right yet.

:D:D:D:D:D:D Oops just spilt my coffee laughing!
Apologies Jo...wasn't my intention...actually when he offered his assistance (non verbal...just a hand gesture)...I did consider at my age you have to take whatever compliments you can get...thankfully when I came to my senses...I replied with the a similar compliment...reciprocated in kind with my own hand gesture...he seems concerned...perhaps I didn't get it quite right...fortunately I have a fast car...so cheekily sped off as he approached...likely he wanted a contact number...or some other kind of contact...fortunately my strict catholic upbringing told me that was a step too far...as I sped off leaving him trailing in the wake of my exhaust (have a 3 litre engine)...he graciously waved me off with another very innovative hand gesture...lucky me...I felt special that day.

A round 7 for me after a meal out last night so not too bad.

From right up North....not the ‘nearly’ north Bubbsie gets chatted up by randy truckers (glad the spellcheck didn’t get that wrong!) :D
What...I haven't really been up north yet!...Coventry...Birmingham...Liverpool...Manchester...Wales...Blackburn...they're up north surely...mind you as soon as I get beyond Peterborough I begin to feel out of my depth:D:D:D

9.1 here. As much to do with the consumption of a Patisserie Valerie Mille Feuille last night as my change in Basal, probably! Levemir is still work in progress, I had a flat line til 6am then a sharp rise, don't think I've quite got the dose or the split right yet.
Patisserie Valerie Robin...well just the thought of a little something from there is enough to raise those numbers...but...to actually eat it is on another level (pun intended:D)...I have always felt resentful when PV is mentioned...once a very grateful client sent me a massive cake from there to our office in London as a 'thank you'...since I am not office based & work from home...told the staff to enjoy it...they did... even sent me photos of themselves enjoying it...they are a thoughtful bunch of girls...still traumatised by that event.

Hips still sore as injection goes right into the muscle and as I'm trying not to lie on the sensor I'm having to sleep on that hip at the moment! lol, duvet day sounds fab haven't had one of those in a long time :D x
OUCH! K.

.they are a thoughtful bunch of girls...still traumatised by that event.
LOL :D

I wasn't crazy about the Gretchen book. Have it here if anybody wants it. I did read it religiously and it was okay, but isn't it based in US? Somebody should write a D diary based in UK.

7.3 @ 6.11am will be in the fives soon if I can just stick with the SlimFast. Thing is I get so hungry I run about the kitchen like a headless chicken. 🙄

LOL :D

I wasn't crazy about the Gretchen book. Have it here if anybody wants it. I did read it religiously and it was okay, but isn't it based in US? Somebody should write a D diary based in UK.

7.3 @ 6.11am will be in the fives soon if I can just stick with the SlimFast. Thing is I get so hungry I run about the kitchen like a headless chicken. 🙄
Ditto...no idea which version you have...the one I read is adapted for the UK market...takes account of how the NHS works...outlines the system here clearly...deals with the NHS politics......the dearth of adequate treatment/provision of services...couldn't have been more informative...as for a UK diary...we have it here...right on the forum...a diverse range of views...experiences...don't believe we'd get a better diary:D.

Nah, that’s the north for beginners Bubs...getting closer at Blackburn though! :D
That drive to Blackburn was a nightmare...won't do that again...such along drive...passed places never heard of...on the way home got so excited when I reached place names I recognised...Liverpool...Fazackerley...Oswaldtwistle ...Leeds...didn't realise I was still about three hours from home.

A round 7 for me after a meal out last night so not too bad.

From right up North....not the ‘nearly’ north Bubbsie gets chatted up by randy truckers (glad the spellcheck didn’t get that wrong!) :D
Pardon me for being fussy...not sure I was chatted as such...more like propositioned...and if the spellchecker had got it wrong...that adjective would have been more applicable...given their lascivious behaviour & comments...did laugh when I got home & we talked about it.

Patisserie Valerie Robin...well just the thought of a little something from there is enough to raise those numbers
They've put a PV right by the park and ride stop in Oxofrd, and an electronic notice on the bus stop telling you what time the next bus is due, so you can work out if you've got time. 8 minute wait yesterday, perfect timing, got the family home, box of 4 for £10, had to be done.

They've put a PV right by the park and ride stop in Oxofrd, and an electronic notice on the bus stop telling you what time the next bus is due, so you can work out if you've got time. 8 minute wait yesterday, perfect timing, got the family home, box of 4 for £10, had to be done.
Believe that sign & information... could be covered by article 3 of European Human Rights Convention Robin...no one should be subjected to torture....inhumane or degrading treatment🙄🙄🙄...as you say had to be done in those circumstances.

Carol...I've recommended that book so often wish I had a share in her royalties...it is such a good read...believe it should be supplied on prescription...be interested to hear what you think of it?
I got it earlier on after diagnosis but never got through it all, so started from scratch. Easy to read, informative and also a great resource to dip in and out of. It is quite motivating but not offering false promises or airy fairy ideas...or at least not so far. Loved the honesty of using out of date urine test strips, how real life is that

Apologies Jo...wasn't my intention...actually when he offered his assistance (non verbal...just a hand gesture)...I did consider at my age you have to take whatever compliments you can get...thankfully when I came to my senses...I replied with the a similar compliment...reciprocated in kind with my own hand gesture...he seems concerned...perhaps I didn't get it quite right...fortunately I have a fast car...so cheekily sped off as he approached...likely he wanted a contact number...or some other kind of contact...fortunately my strict catholic upbringing told me that was a step too far...as I sped off leaving him trailing in the wake of my exhaust (have a 3 litre engine)...he graciously waved me off with another very innovative hand gesture...lucky me...I felt special that day.
It's ok bubbsie if you get the signs right. I don't think I would make the same speedy get away in a totsie fiat panda, but saying that it would have to be an ancient trucker who would want my number lol

Pardon me for being fussy...not sure I was chatted as such...more like propositioned...and if the spellchecker had got it wrong...that adjective would have been more applicable...given their lascivious behaviour & comments...did laugh when I got home & we talked about it.

Oh they’re a rare breed are truckers Bubbsie...I was brought up around them 🙂

It can be rather sore and VERY tender for a few days lol, you get some funny looks when walking out as you've gone in walking fine and come out crippling slightly haha xx

I got it earlier on after diagnosis but never got through it all, so started from scratch. Easy to read, informative and also a great resource to dip in and out of. It is quite motivating but not offering false promises or airy fairy ideas...or at least not so far. Loved the honesty of using out of date urine test strips, how real life is that
Absolutely Carol...complete honesty...no blame game...advice straight from a type 2 living with diabetes daily...including all the pitfalls that entails...changed my perspective on managing my diabetes...and how I dealt with the issues I had with my GP & local practice.

It can be rather sore and VERY tender for a few days lol, you get some funny looks when walking out as you've gone in walking fine and come out crippling slightly haha xx
OUCH again K...mind you I walk like that every time I get out of the car...after a long drive...takes me a few minutes to even myself out...some have labelled it my John Wayne walk...you're probably far too young to remember him:D.

It's ok bubbsie if you get the signs right. I don't think I would make the same speedy get away in a totsie fiat panda, but saying that it would have to be an ancient trucker who would want my number lol
Wouldn't say they were in the first flush of youth Carol TBH...thank god for a fast get away...my first car was a Fiat Uno...beige...loved her...parked it on the garage drive...used to look out the garden window at her...ooh...good memories.

Back