Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning a 7.3 this morning, hope everyone is doing ok

Good luck @Mark Parrott & Bubbsie for your appointments
Thank you Barbara...had a good appointment...discussion around the statins issue...in full...in fact one of the best appointments I've had with him!

Carol...even though you have a number...can still call it Rose Cottage...mine was called Lavender Cottage when I bought it...but...I still have a street number.

Thank you Barbara...had a good appointment...discussion around the statins issue...in full...in fact one of the best appointments I've had with him!
Fantastic, so pleased for you. You must be so relieved it's done and all went well. Now you can have a relaxing weekend. :D

Evening all. 6.9 @ 5.57am but not a 'waking' reading as I was watching telly from 3 :: yawns ::

Fed-up with not sleeping. That never used to happen to me, I used to sleep like a log. :(

You T2 guys are fine.

why are you getting upset we are all in it together.

I would say it is in many ways harder to be a T2 if you look at the facts. you have to be stricter with your diet in general to get good glucose control. The only difference for most of you T2's is your head of pancreas is still producing insulin in but your body can't use it for its intended purpose to start off with but then your pancreas can get worn out then you need insulin then you are exactly in the same boat. T1 condition is much easier as in general it is just replacing the insulin we do not produce anymore. I know that it is much more complicated than that when you take into account exercise, mood, temperature, hormonal changes. BMI changes but the big difference is if we are naughty we can take insulin to counteract the carbs we don't have to wait and hope they come down.

I hope I am helping by saying this in support of you T2 guys, we are all struggling in our own ways and we are on here to support and be supported that is why this forum exists for us all. I hope this helps

Last edited:
I think Type 2 is easier because some people have reversed it with diet, but you can't do that with Type 1 plus you have to count! I hope to goodness I'm never Type 1. :( I can't count for toffee.

You T2 guys are fine.

why are you getting upset we are all in it together.

I would say it is in many ways harder to be a T2 if you look at the facts. you have to be stricter with your diet in general to get good glucose control. The only difference for most of you T2's is your head of pancreas is still producing insulin in but your body can't use it for its intended purpose. T1 condition is much easier as in general it is just replacing the insulin we do not produce anymore. I know that it is much more complicated than that when you take into account exercise, mood, temperature, hormonal changes. BMI changes but the big difference is if we are naughty we can take insulin to counteract the carbs we don't have to wait and hope they come down.

I hope I am helping by saying this in support of you T2 guys, we are all struggling in our own ways and we are on here to support and be supported that is why this forum exists for us all. I hope this helps
Ally I'm not upset...thank you for your comments...nothing to do with how we manage our respective conditions...or which is harder to manage...its a much bigger issue...with a lengthy history...not for discussion here...but...thank you again.

Morning...good day yesterday...best appointment with Dr Max Medication yet...full discussion on the cholesterol/statins issue...a lot of laughing...even a bit of shoe envy from the goodly doctor (long story)...not at all surprised/critical at the recent HbA1c rise...said nothing I could have done about it...nasty infection...overall he believes my management couldn't be better...a positive day yesterday...concluded with a great nights sleep...woke to a 5.4

Snap AJ, a 5.1 for me as well. Off for my flu jab this morning.

People with diabetes of all types are welcomr on this forum. People of all types have problems and do things wrong sometimes.

I'm hoping my raised fasting level will be optimium when I get to parkrun start line at 09:00. Currently high, probably because I'm in early stages of a cold.

Snap, flu jab for me today as well. Woke to 7.0. A good week all in all. Have a good day all

Morning all. 5.4 for me despite going to bed high after a stubborn afternoon hypo that wouldn't shift. I think it was my morning levemir. That's getting knocked in the head too to see what happens while I've got a couple of days left on this sensor.
Have a good day everyone.

Carol...even though you have a number...can still call it Rose Cottage...mine was called Lavender Cottage when I bought it...but...I still have a street number.
When I moved in, I found a plaque saying Woodside cottage, but never put it back up

When I moved in, I found a plaque saying Woodside cottage, but never put it back up

Hope you kept it...like the sound of that Carol...Woodside Cottage...both me & my neighbours still have the original plaques on the front of our houses...think mine might be more realistic if it read 'Money Pit' cottage😱.

Morning all.🙂 Last night's restaurant meat-fest means I'm at 14.3 this morning, oops. 😱

I'd forgotten how too much protein can send me high...must write that down somewhere. Maybe a tattoo on my forehead so's I don't forget.🙄

Morning all.🙂 Last night's restaurant meat-fest means I'm at 14.3 this morning, oops. 😱

I'd forgotten how too much protein can send me high...must write that down somewhere. Maybe a tattoo on my forehead so's I don't forget.🙄
If you tattoo your forehead, if you are like me, you won't look at it. Hope you enjoyed your meal

Morning all 🙂 5.3 libre blood, 5.4 scan, 5.8 expert, cold as anything today and I hate sitting in the house shivering with a hoodie on and the hood up but mother still refusing to put the heating on as she's 'fine' :( have a nice day folks! :D xx

Back