Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning hope everybody is ok 🙂 10.9 for me this morning 😡

During the night
BG: 3.2 @ 2:52am - had 3 jelly babies to treat hypo
BG: 5.8 @ 3:07 - 15 minute hypo check / because next meal wasn't due had 2 biscuits and bolused. I'm always unsure what to do if next meal isn't due.

This morning did my waking test and basal and now before breakfast BG: 15.0 😡😡! I've bolused and meter also had a correction included with breakfast bolus. I really can't think why it's so high for me this morning so if anybody can shed any light please do. I've got my HbA1c this morning 😱

During the night
BG: 5.8 @ 3:07 - 15 minute hypo check / because next meal wasn't due had 2 biscuits and bolused. I'm always unsure what to do if next meal isn't due.

This morning did my waking test and basal and now before breakfast BG: 15.0 😡😡! I've bolused and meter also had a correction included with breakfast bolus. I really can't think why it's so high for me this morning so if anybody can shed any light please do. I've got my HbA1c this morning 😱
Sometimes with a hypo, as well as you treating it, you liver will swing into action and help out, by releasing its stores of glucose. It's annoying, as you end up high, but a good thing in reality as it'll kick in and save your life should you not wake up.

This is also why you are advised to watch out for hypos the next day. At some point, your liver will need to replenish its depleted stores, and abosrb extra glucose out of your body, so you might find yourself running a bit lower than expected at some point.

8.3 for me this morning. Not too bad compared to yesterday which was 17.2 on waking!! (Had a few issues yesterday!)

8.3 for me this morning. Not too bad compared to yesterday which was 17.2 on waking!! (Had a few issues yesterday!)
An excellent reduction there Lorraine - glad you're back into single numbers - well done. Stress does elevate our levels as you know so hope your issues are no more Take care now x

Good afternoon everybody late on again due to internet connection I'm getting a bit ****** off with BT gggrrrr anyway on a brighter note 6.8 for me today. Hope you all well and are having a good day.
Know how you feel Barbara...had to get rid of BT in the end...lots of money...little service...but...good numbers (no pun intended...honest).

Morning...busy day...off to get some colour charts today...house has to be finished...hate decorating with a passion...has to be done...woke to a 5.2.

Good progress Hayley...a few issues is putting it mildly...excellent work in the circumstances...well done.

During the night

Can't shed any light on the insulin use ( I know nothing about it)...but...good luck with the HbA1c results.

During the night

Personally, I never have extra carb after treating a hypo - I just don't need it. My DSN told me I should (all those years ago), but I realized it wasn't for me...maybe you're the same Gill, maybe not!🙄

Morning all. 🙂 5.1 here.😛

Morning everyone. 9.1 for me this morning. Horrible rainy day.

Morning all. A 5.6 meter / 4.0 libre for me today.
First day for 2 .5 months no studying needed 🙂, just a large pile of ironing awaits :(

Morning all. A 5.6 meter / 4.0 libre for me today.
First day for 2 .5 months no studying needed 🙂, just a large pile of ironing awaits :(
I will send you my ironing pile if you want

No problem going to Bubbsie's first though haha x
K you need to be careful...I might hold you to that...get those overalls & paint brush ready...just a train ride away.

Back