Group 7-day waking average?

K...no idea how it works...but...you have only just started it...do you need to give it a little more time...or should you expect to see instant results?...no doubt others will be able to advise on that...come on...where's that positivity gone...you can get there🙂🙂🙂.
With Tresiba your meant to give it 3 days, I've taken the reduction 5 nights now so I SHOULD be noticing a difference but there doesn't seem to be one! Might give them a call in the morning just to confirm whether I should reduce by another unit x

That reduction will be a good thing to do Kaylz. You certainly don't want to be risking night time hypos, but I know you know that x

That reduction will be a good thing to do Kaylz. You certainly don't want to be risking night time hypos, but I know you know that x
Yeah I know thanks 🙂, when I wake up lower I seem to end up higher at lunch and Paul thinks I'm catching the waking number on the way up from a low so had a bit of a dump but not too severe if you know what I mean (I'm not too good at putting some things in to words haha) x

9.1 for me this morning. Date and time on meter have gone wonky. Reset it after putting in new battery, and its switching off quickly. Anyone else had codefreesd meters do this? I've had it since Jan 2016

Yeah I know thanks 🙂, when I wake up lower I seem to end up higher at lunch and Paul thinks I'm catching the waking number on the way up from a low so had a bit of a dump but not too severe if you know what I mean (I'm not too good at putting some things in to words haha) x
Yep that makes sense x

With Tresiba your meant to give it 3 days, I've taken the reduction 5 nights now so I SHOULD be noticing a difference but there doesn't seem to be one! Might give them a call in the morning just to confirm whether I should reduce by another unit x
Okay...pardon my ignorance (again) K...fingers crossed:D (they should have a fingers crossed emoji here).

Good morning all and 5,9 after a much higher carb meal last night, happy with that.
Wishing you all a good, fun and healthy day.
Not good enough Jo...come on spill the beans (pun intended)...I have to have some of that guilty pleasure...albeit vicariously:D:D:D...what exactly was on the menu?

Not good enough Jo...come on spill the beans (pun intended)...I have to have some of that guilty pleasure...albeit vicariously:D:D:D...what exactly was on the menu?
Well afraid it's not too exciting as I am low carb but for me a real change! I had meal prepared for oldest daughter as I was going to party but driving was in the end too difficult so ate same food as her! Baked potatoes it was followed by ice cream and chocolate. I haven't eaten a baked potato since diagnose. I am so rubbish at working out carbs and ratio, still waiting for course in April, I just guessed, got it right phew. Absolutely delicious! :D:D:D

9.1 for me this morning. Date and time on meter have gone wonky. Reset it after putting in new battery, and its switching off quickly. Anyone else had codefreesd meters do this? I've had it since Jan 2016

Carol my last Glucomen meter started doing that as it was on its last legs. It was giving me inaccurate inflated figures too! However yours is much newer.

A 6.9 for me this Sunday morn

Okay...pardon my ignorance (again) K...fingers crossed:D (they should have a fingers crossed emoji here).
Haha thanks, I don't 'get' it myself sometimes as for Type 2 I really have no clue! will call in morning to update them just so they are in the loop and see if they advise a further reduction x

Good morning all and 5,9 after a much higher carb meal last night, happy with that.
Wishing you all a good, fun and healthy day.
Out of interest how low carb are you generally? Good to see you did fantastic judging the carbs! :D x

Out of interest how low carb are you generally? Good to see you did fantastic judging the carbs! :D x
OK confession time, you will be shocked and understandably so! :D I don't know, I have stopped all grains, potatoes, very occasionally eat sweet potato, no bread, it's under 100 a day maybe between 70 and 100. I would like it to be more a exact science, just no idea how to find out ratios, will find out I guess when I go on a course next year. I normally take 2 or 3 units and it works. Last night was 5 units after getting my Carbs and Cal book out, maybe I need to read it more,

OK confession time, you will be shocked and understandably so! :D I don't know, I have stopped all grains, potatoes, very occasionally eat sweet potato, no bread, it's under 100 a day maybe between 70 and 100. I would like it to be more a exact science, just no idea how to find out ratios, will find out I guess when I go on a course next year. I normally take 2 or 3 units and it works. Last night was 5 units after getting my Carbs and Cal book out, maybe I need to read it more,
😱 I'd be in serious trouble if I didn't know what my ratios were! x

Carol my last Glucomen meter started doing that as it was on its last legs. It was giving me inaccurate inflated figures too! However yours is much newer.

A 6.9 for me this Sunday morn
Maybe will change battery again and reset, see how that goes. Thanks amigo

Good morning hope everybody is ok 🙂 it was 11.1 for me this morning so at least it's not quite 12.0!

I had a chinese for tea last night which was chicken and noodle soup then chicken chow mein. The soup isn't a thickened one it's a bit like an oxo with chicken and noodles in. It was a late dinner at 21:14pm

I had a chinese for tea last night which was chicken and noodle soup then chicken chow mein. The soup isn't a thickened one it's a bit like an oxo with chicken and noodles in. It was a late dinner at 21:14pm
BG: 5.2 @ 21:14pm
Dinner:
chicken and noodle soup (thin soup)
chicken chow mein

bolused after dinner - once I'd worked out how many carbs I'd eaten

BG: 15.8 @ 00:04am - after dinner
BG: 9.2 @ 2:13am - during the night
BG: 7.6 @ 5:23am - during the night

You can view my foods eaten on the 'What did you eat yesterday' thread

Last edited:
I had that problem with a Codefree, Carolg. It was only a couple of years old. New batteries didn't fix the problem, so I stopped using it.

I just had to post as for the first time in two weeks and one day after my fall I just sneezed! I have had to stop them due to pain, I can laugh also without holding my ribs and can probably cough. I am so excited about this. Oh life is getting better!
:D:D:D🙂

Good morning. 6.4 today.

Back