Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning all, 5.1 and feel much better after nine hours sleep, had surprise visit from oldest daughter who had five days to finish her dissertation for her MA. No chance I can help her with the writing but can cook healthy meals and give her coffee.
I wish everyone a good Saturday.

And duck the berry bugs
Not entirely sure what the berry buds are Carol...but...will avoid them...my garden is in full flower (no idea how)...just been out there...feeling very pleased with myself...until I say a HUGE slug...about three inches long heading across the path towards my big pot of lily's...ashamed to say...I screamed (just about to step on it) retreated indoors...more coffee needed...may feel brave enough to tackle it then...ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Good morning all, 5.1 and feel much better after nine hours sleep, had surprise visit from oldest daughter who had five days to finish her dissertation for her MA. No chance I can help her with the writing but can cook healthy meals and give her coffee.
Ooh luxury Jo...nine hours sleep...obviously needed it...I hated writing my dissertation...loathed every second of it...good luck to 'oldest daughter'...right to step away from the writing...lots of good food...encouragement if needed...copious amounts of coffee as/when necessary...have a good weekend.

Not entirely sure what the berry buds are Carol...but...will avoid them...my garden is in full flower (no idea how)...just been out there...feeling very pleased with myself...until I say a HUGE slug...about three inches long heading across the path towards my big pot of lily's...ashamed to say...I screamed (just about to step on it) retreated indoors...more coffee needed...may feel brave enough to tackle it then...ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
My fingers are wonky with spell checker ignored. It's berry bugs not buds. I think i was attacked in greenhouse and am covered in itchy bites, come up red, itchy then get arge redness around them, die down, come up again in watery blisters heads, scratch, go down, come up, scratch heads off ..... last for ages. You never see the wee bug&@/s but they lurk in your crevices, arms, neck, wherever they can get a tasty bite- almost worse than midgies

My fingers are wonky with spell checker ignored. It's berry bugs not buds. I think i was attacked in greenhouse and am covered in itchy bites, come up red, itchy then get arge redness around them, die down, come up again in watery blisters heads, scratch, go down, come up, scratch heads off ..... last for ages. You never see the wee bug&@/s but they lurk in your crevices, arms, neck, wherever they can get a tasty bite- almost worse than midgies
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Carol...wish I hadn't asked now...no...had none of those symptoms (yet)...will be buying a decontamination suit now...on Amazon searching as I type...hideous little b******s...ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww again!

Not exactly subject for this post but my snails go into orbit over the fence to the wilderness beyond and a happy life

Long drive yesterday...long day...worth all the effort...great to see old friends...meet a new arrival...reminisce...remember...home very tired...but...very happy...good sleep...woke to a 5.9. 9...despite several slices of home made pizza...well...would have been so rude to refuse it😛😛😛.
Sounds a wonderful day and great number after delicious home made pizza. Hope you can rest today.

Morning all. 5.6 for me.

Not exactly subject for this post but my snails go into orbit over the fence to the wilderness beyond and a happy life
Exactly the same as mine Carol...without notice...passport...or any regrets!

Carol...apologies...my spell checker is at fault...you did say 'Berry bugs'...just made sure it hasn't repeated it ( I hope)...thank goodness...can stop looking up 'Berry Buds' now:D:D:D.

Me too and my slugs. I have a friend who drives them to a new home where they can have a happy life and not return. I am not that nice and imagine though they do come back.

Good morning everyone. 3.8 today. Was going to have a sleep in but mum and dad's labradoodle was determined to get me up...then she went back to sleep! Sammy is enjoying her holiday with us!IMG_1159.JPG

Thank you New-Journey. Sammy is adorable, I'm going to miss her when she goes back.

Me too and my slugs. I have a friend who drives them to a new home where they can have a happy life and not return. I am not that nice and imagine though they do come back.
Did you know that snails have a homing instinct? Scientists found that snails placed within a 20meter radius can use their "homing instinct" to find their way back to a patch of ground/garden while those moved further away almost always failed to find their way back. So if you have a strong throwing arm and can throw more than 65' then lob the snails over your fence or wall. But better & kinder still ~ take them to a snail paradise or a convenient waste land. If you can't do this then treat the slimy b****rs to a good dose of beer, they love it & will merrily drown in a drunken stupor!

Last edited:
Nine hours sleep? I think you nicked my sleep last night NJ - i've not slept a wink all night - again - having said that I don't begrudge you that sleep for one minute - you obviously needed it & deserved it after what you've been through. Lovely surprise your daughter visited - and thank you - you have a good day too, take care of those ribs of yours x

Anyone seen Northie this morning - he hasn't posted his waking yet. Hope you're alright Alan - overslept? Not well? No net connection? Please let us know x

Nine hours sleep? I think you nicked my sleep last night NJ - i've not slept a wink all night - again - having said that I don't begrudge you that sleep for one minute - you obviously needed it & deserved it after what you've been through. Lovely surprise your daughter visited - and thank you - you have a good day too, take care of those ribs of yours x
Oh sorry you had no sleep and would gladly share mine!
Just had a flashback to my dreadful consultant thinking my fall was due to a bad hypo!! Anyway he is history and ribs on mend, need to be dancing in two weeks for my party, I can do it! Thanks and you too, hope you can sleep soon.

Back