Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning folks on this lovely sunny morning.
Again no waking ~ test stripes on order.
Take care folks ~ hope you all have as near a perfect day as you can with few troubles x
View attachment 4434

You've completely thrown me WL, I'm sure it's Thursday...isn't it? I had to look! Lol

A 6.8 for me. I'm anticipating a slightly higher Hba1c this Sept but hopefully not too much higher!

Have a lovely holiday @Stitch147...I'm off soon 😛

Thinking of you @AJLang. Such a terrible time for you all x

Morning all, 7.6 for me today. New libre sensor on as I have almost 2 weeks of camping ahead of me and it makes life easier! Off to the brewery today until Monday for a weekend of camping, food and making beer! Then drive down to Dorset Tuesday for the Great Dorset Steam Fair, then home on the bank holiday Monday. So I might not be about much until the Tuesday after the bank holiday. Hope everyone stays safe and healthy and have fun. X
Enjoy the GDSF and Dorset. Its just as well we hadnt organised a meet for this year as I wouldnt be able to make it. Perhaps next year...🙂

Good morning 🙂 A hefty 9.9 after a 2.2 at 2am 🙄 Has anyone seen my control?

Sending you my best wishes Amanda at such a difficult time x

I hope your eye screening goes well @Bubbsie . Have a great holiday @Stitch147 .

Off on Thomas the tank engine again to look after my poorly Mum. Time to perform my acrobatic leap on and off the train on crutches. Fingers crossed! 😱

Sending best wishes Flower. Isn't it always the case that we have a bad night when we need to be up doing important things the next day. Hope your mum feels better soon.

Morning Bubbsie isnt that always the way - early to bed in the hope you'd sleep through to a decent waking hour only to wake 2~3 hours early:( - and to wake so near to a HS too - lots of good luck with your eye screening today 😎 take care x
Back already WL...not too bug eyed...at least that's out of the way...will have a nap later...so not for another year.

Good morning on this dully rainy morning a 6.6 for me today.

Sending (((hugs))) AJLang thoughts are with you and family at this time.

Well done on results Kaylz.

Good luck Bubbsie on your appointment.
Very restricted around my neck of the woods with broadband, in a contract ATM but will be looking to change once that's up.
Going downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Barbara...how frustrating with the connection problem...had Talk Talk at one time...they were a nightmare...mind you BT weren't much better.

Following a scary 1.9 at 2am, I must have, in my diabetic stupor, over corrected, 7.5 on waling this morning.

Feeling like crap
Oh no @Hazel . You must have felt dreadful at that level. Hypo hangovers are far from nice and can take a while to go, I hope you feel better soon and that your levels are fine now.
Is their any chance you can have a nap

Last edited:
12.3 this morning. My BG levels are all over the place at the moment now that Mum is at the very final stages. SHould be an "interesting" diabetes review in a fortnight....
Thinking of you @AJLang . I am sorry to hear this. I hope your Mum is as comfortable as possible .
{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}

You've completely thrown me WL, I'm sure it's Thursday...isn't it? I had to look! Lol

A 6.8 for me. I'm anticipating a slightly higher Hba1c this Sept but hopefully not too much higher!

Have a lovely holiday @Stitch147...I'm off soon 😛

Thinking of you @AJLang. Such a terrible time for you all x
Haha!:D :D :DYes you're quite right Amigo ~ thanks ~ reckon my head was screwed on the wrong way this morning😱:D ~ where on earth did yesterday go to for goodness sake?!🙄 thursday humor thursday quotes monday quotes work quotes it s thursday ___.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning. I hope you all have a good day. One more sleep and it's the weekend, as I'm retired everyday is the weekend😛🙂
Am happy with 6.7 . Felt yuk yestday and last night, my BGs misbehaved themselves I'm hoping they behave better today. Thank heaven for my Libre

Last edited:
Morning...reasonable sleep I believe... having' killed' my fit bit yesterday...no official confirmation😱😱😱 ( I am so clumsy with technology)...I have another on order...off to see friends in Bristol today...looking forward to that...woke to a 5.7...weekend arriving soon (Just for @wirralass after yesterday🙂🙂🙂)...enjoy it.

Good morning all, no morning reading from me as I have been told to cut right back on testing as my control is so good. Review was interesting, had an argument with the one nurse who told me I should not be getting strips as a type 2, I can eat what I like and the metformin will sort it out and it will have no effect except in the long term. According to her DUK are on the side of testing for type 2's because they earn money from the sale of meters. I ended up insisting on seeing my GP and explaining what she had said to him, his answer was I am the diabetes man and I have the final say here and if I think self testing will be helpful you will get strips. He said it is all down to cost cutting by the powers that be and he agreed it is the most short sighted way of looking at it.
Anyway he was impressed with my progress and is re referring me for my foot op asap :D
Have a wonderful day all, I'm off to do my breakfast 🙂

Good morning everyone. Thank you for the well wishes about mum yesterday. I was very pleased when I woke up with a 6.4 morning 🙂 but not so happy that the Libre showed that I'd climbed to 15.0 at 2am!!! I'm guessing that is definitely the gastroparesis having fun.

Good morning all, no morning reading from me as I have been told to cut right back on testing as my control is so good. Review was interesting, had an argument with the one nurse who told me I should not be getting strips as a type 2, I can eat what I like and the metformin will sort it out and it will have no effect except in the long term. According to her DUK are on the side of testing for type 2's because they earn money from the sale of meters. I ended up insisting on seeing my GP and explaining what she had said to him, his answer was I am the diabetes man and I have the final say here and if I think self testing will be helpful you will get strips. He said it is all down to cost cutting by the powers that be and he agreed it is the most short sighted way of looking at it.
Anyway he was impressed with my progress and is re referring me for my foot op asap :D
Well done

No reading this morning, left meter at work. Glad it's Friday, looking forward to weekend, but really bad weather in early hours, woke up to sound of rain pouring down my drainpipe, so have to check today. Have a good day everyone

Morning all. A 4.1 libre / 4.9 meter this morning. I've done morning and afternoon basal testing this week and BG been erratic on afternoon one, and I'm confused o_O. I'll probably post about it later for a little advice.

Well done for holding your ground @AndyG1961 - silly nurse, good doctor 🙂

Honestly Andy...what a load of tosh...and from the nurse...have to say not really surprised...well done on insisting on seeing your GP...did nursey appreciate you are type 2...perhaps someone should enlighten her...as for the GP...he sounds pro-active...strips & decent advice...although how much you test should really be your decision...not cost based...metformin dos not lower blood sugars per se...it helps to make us less insulin resistant if anything...thank goodness you know your stuff reasonably well to appreciate the advice she gave was sub-standard...shocking how poor her advice was...hope your referral goes smoothly...good luck with that...well done.

Back