Group 7-day waking average?

Morning...not up until 6am...resulttttttttttttttttttt...busy day...Harry is off for a session at the Dog Parlour...a full on make over...dreading it...no idea whether he'll behave...watch this space...woke to a 5.6.🙂

Morning all. A 5.4 for me this morning.

Yesterday turned out to be fairly eventful for entirely different reasons than I thought! We set off all well and good, stopped for a loo break at Lancaster services which is about 40 mins from my parents. Running a little late as the M6 was a bloomin' nightmare with roadworks and an accident.
Just before we set off again I took a finger prick test, all fine. However, when looking in my 'bag of magic stuff' I realised I had forgotten my insulin 😱. I'd put it with some other bits and bobs I was taking up for people, and had picked everything up but it! Panic spread over my OH face when I told him 🙄, but I said no time to go back for it, I'll just have to go as low carb as I can and forgo any thought of a starter and/or dessert :(.

So, that is what I did and I had baked cod in a bouillabaisse sauce, green beans and peas. They gave me extra veg in lieu of the saffron potatoes. I did also have a small spoonful of OH vanilla panacotta with strawberries for pud. VERY pleased to report the following finger prick readings - pre meal 6.2, 1 hour 45 mins post meal 8.6, and 2.5 hours post meal 5.4. :D
IMG_0128.JPG
This is from after we got home. BTW my libre is reading anywhere between 0.7 and 1.7 lower than finger prick at the moment.

I call that a result! Although I was really hungry when we got home having only eaten that all day :confused:. I have never forgotten to take my insulin out before and I certainly won't be again even if it means I need a flourescent sticker on my forehead!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, my hat goes off to all those D who manage with diet and exercise. I couldn't do it everyday and thank god I have the added (albeit necessary) assistance of insulin.

Morning everyone 🙂 4.6 for me today, hope everyone has a relaxing enjoyable day :D x

Yesterday turned out to be fairly eventful for entirely different reasons than I thought! We set off all well and good, stopped for a loo break at Lancaster services which is about 40 mins from my parents. Running a little late as the M6 was a bloomin' nightmare with roadworks and an accident.
Just before we set off again I took a finger prick test, all fine. However, when looking in my 'bag of magic stuff' I realised I had forgotten my insulin 😱. I'd put it with some other bits and bobs I was taking up for people, and had picked everything up but it! Panic spread over my OH face when I told him 🙄, but I said no time to go back for it, I'll just have to go as low carb as I can and forgo any thought of a starter and/or dessert :(.

So, that is what I did and I had baked cod in a bouillabaisse sauce, green beans and peas. They gave me extra veg in lieu of the saffron potatoes. I did also have a small spoonful of OH vanilla panacotta with strawberries for pud. VERY pleased to report the following finger prick readings - pre meal 6.2, 1 hour 45 mins post meal 8.6, and 2.5 hours post meal 5.4. :D
View attachment 4230
This is from after we got home. BTW my libre is reading anywhere between 0.7 and 1.7 lower than finger prick at the moment.

I call that a result! Although I was really hungry when we got home having only eaten that all day :confused:. I have never forgotten to take my insulin out before and I certainly won't be again even if it means I need a flourescent sticker on my forehead!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, my hat goes off to all those D who manage with diet and exercise. I couldn't do it everyday and thank god I have the added (albeit necessary) assistance of insulin.
You'll definitely not forget again! 😱 Well done for managing the situation really well though 🙂 If you're on Facebook there is a group called 'help! we forgot t1 kit! uk' where you can ask if anyone in the area can help out when you find yourself without essentials 🙂

Morning folks. I haven't had a chance to read any posts yet. So I hope everyone is well.
Forgot to test when I got up as was busy. Was 8.8 at brekkie bolus. graph shows my BGs have been rather active overnight. 😡

Morning...not up until 6am...resulttttttttttttttttttt...busy day...Harry is off for a session at the Dog Parlour...a full on make over...dreading it...no idea whether he'll behave...watch this space...woke to a 5.6.🙂
Pictures before and after? I look forward to hearing how he behaved, have fun.

View attachment 4230

You did so well, how horrible it must have felt when you realised you had no insulin. I have the facebook group Northerner mentioned as a emergency link with me as expect I will one day do the same. I can't believe how many times I check before I leave the house for a day or several days.

Pictures before and after? I look forward to hearing how he behaved, have fun.
Yes Jo that's a possibility...if the little 'treasure' will sit still...two possibilities...either the staff at the grooming 'parlour' will love him...or he'll be banned for life...watch this space😱😱😱.

Good morning 6.1 for me and not feeling poorly today 🙂

My control suddenly wandered back in last evening and my blood sugar fell from the high teens to the 5's. Result!

Have a pleasant Sunday all with unremarkable blood sugars 🙂
Glad to see your feeling better and having better levels long may it continue 🙂 x
Morning all...

9.0!!!!!

Now for many this seems incredibly high but considering the week I have had I am absolutely thrilled :D
Woohoo 🙂 hope they stay better and well behaved now! 🙂 x

Back