Group 7-day waking average?

This is my first morning test, been awake about 2 hours, but I have not eaten or drank & just been laying down. I've had a couple of pee's though, both quite clear though.

Had some cooked meat before bed last night.

5.3 is today's score

Excellent waking level Derek!

Good to hear you're fine sunny. I'm doing just great thanks - keeping the bgls in the 6's at the moment so thats good tho I'd like to get them back into the 5's again. Celebrated my birthday today - spent it with my family - went out for a late lunch to a garden centre restaurant. Another meal tomorrow evening on the cards - don't think I should test again til Monday 😱 you take care x
WL

You keep that quiet wirralass. Happy Birthday for yesterday! 🙂

Excellent waking level Derek!

thanks Amigo,

I am going to have my usual bowl of porridge with almond milk & a few strawberries in an hour or so & test two hours later.
I'll probably have a cup of coffee with a drop of double cream in, as it's very soothing going down.
I do have low blood pressure though & have been adding SEA salt recently to aid things a little.
Having too little natural salt, plays havoc with heart regulation & also imbalances fluid levels which control blood sugars.
Getting the balance right can be hard but I think it's beginning to work a little.

I am probably slightly underweight now, having lost about 1&half stone since being diagnosed less than three months ago.
I have lost all my muscle mass aswell.
The sudden weight loss has probably been down to the metformin supressing my appetite as I have days where I don't feel like much.
And since being diagnosed, I have hardly had any salt, but adding sea salt into my diet now, has slightly increased my appetite as I now need to put
some weight on but more importantly, get some muscle back.
So eating more proteins seems to be the way to go.

Good morning all, high numbers (high for me) yesterday and felt ill, dreadful cramps in night. Woke to 5.1 and busy day today working, hoping today is better and then the good news, holiday on Monday.

thanks Amigo,

I am going to have my usual bowl of porridge with almond milk & a few strawberries in an hour or so & test two hours later.
I'll probably have a cup of coffee with a drop of double cream in, as it's very soothing going down.
I do have low blood pressure though & have been adding SEA salt recently to aid things a little.
Having too little natural salt, plays havoc with heart regulation & also imbalances fluid levels which control blood sugars.
Getting the balance right can be hard but I think it's beginning to work a little.

I am probably slightly underweight now, having lost about 1&half stone since being diagnosed less than three months ago.
I have lost all my muscle mass aswell.
The sudden weight loss has probably been down to the metformin supressing my appetite as I have days where I don't feel like much.
And since being diagnosed, I have hardly had any salt, but adding sea salt into my diet now, has slightly increased my appetite as I now need to put
some weight on but more importantly, get some muscle back.
So eating more proteins seems to be the way to go.

A 6.9 for me this morning.

Yes sounds like you need proteins for the muscle mass and a bit more salt Derek.

Not allowed to rinse moth with anything for 5 days. Its not too bad now.
Ooh Stitch...what a nightmare for you...but...at least it's out now...and BG in single figures...good going.

Good morning all, high numbers (high for me) yesterday and felt ill, dreadful cramps in night. Woke to 5.1 and busy day today working, hoping today is better and then the good news, holiday on Monday.
Not great news Jo...however a 5.1 today...at least BG is behaving itself...work?...when does that holiday start?...have a good weekend.

Not great news Jo...however a 5.1 today...at least BG is behaving itself...work?...when does that holiday start?...have a good weekend.
Seem to go high in evening, not eating much and taking more rapid insulin. Monday we fly, today long day but last day. I can do this! Thanks and you have great weekend.

Seem to go high in evening, not eating much and taking more rapid insulin. Monday we fly, today long day but last day. I can do this! Thanks and you have great weekend.
Of course you can do this...just think forward to tomorrow morning...day of rest before holiday (providing you've done your packing & found your passport)...then off...that frisson of anticipation when something pleasurable in the offing...love that...travel part of it...someone else doing all the work...hotel...being waited on...make the most of it...much needed...have a fabulous time.

A 6.9 for me this morning.

Yes sounds like you need proteins for the muscle mass and a bit more salt Derek.

I think you are right Amigo,

I have lost the crap from the body (sugars mainly) & lost the weight & muscle as a result, so I now need to replenish my body, but with better fuel
than I was previously.
It's a bit an overhaul of the body really, flush the crap out, replace with good quality fuel.

Morning guys 🙂 a higher than normal 6.3 for me but was all over the place yesterday with levels after a hypo an hour and 40 minutes after breakfast 🙄 hope everyone has a fantastic weekend :D x

Run out of strips...must re-order on ebay. Have a good day everyone. 🙂

Run out of strips...must re-order on ebay. Have a good day everyone. 🙂
Ditto...what are you like:D:D:D...not prepared to say how many times I have done that myself...even now they are on repeat prescription (too many times)...hope they arrive asap...you're doing so well...have a good weekend.

Morning guys 🙂 a higher than normal 6.3 for me but was all over the place yesterday with levels after a hypo an hour and 40 minutes after breakfast 🙄 hope everyone has a fantastic weekend :D x
Not ideal for you K...but...not so bad...and you sorted out your hypo...you have a fantastic weekend...hope you have something entertaining planned...and spending your time with good company.

Ditto...what are you like:D:D:D...not prepared to say how many times I have done that myself...even now they are on repeat prescription (too many times)...hope they arrive asap...you're doing so well...have a good weekend.
One minute I seem to have tons and the next they're all gone! I need to keep on top of this. 🙂 Re-ordering this morning.

Not ideal for you K...but...not so bad...and you sorted out your hypo...you have a fantastic weekend...hope you have something entertaining planned...and spending your time with good company.
Was as high as 10.2 yesterday 😱 8.5 at bedtime so not too awful, my OH has the weekend off work so spending time with him chilling probably still have a bit of a headache today :( off to Asda for some shopping tomorrow though :D x

One minute I seem to have tons and the next they're all gone! I need to keep on top of this. 🙂 Re-ordering this morning.
Same here Ditto!

Back