Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning folks.
Awoke at 4.25am to 17.2 😱 Shocked to say the least!
Tested again just now and bgl is 7.4
Apart from a headache I feel ok. Will test again later.
View attachment 3680
Good morning Wirralass, how scary to be so high though great it has come down, the reading of 7.4 is good and do let us know how you are. I hope your headache gets better soon.

Morning post-ers.🙂 8.5 here. Oops, didn't need that bedtime snack after all.:confused:

My BGs are bound to be all over the place this week - my new GP wants to help me get my A1c down from 8% (me too!) and suggested I see him every 6 weeks...first appt Friday. I SO hope he doesn't talk to me as if I were a moron...I'm sick of nodding and smiling.o_O

Sorry to hear about your pesky hay fever, Big N. Have you tried Zirtek? My best friend swears by it (I get a ton of side-effects if I take it).

Morning post-ers.🙂 8.5 here. Oops, didn't need that bedtime snack after all.:confused:

My BGs are bound to be all over the place this week - my new GP wants to help me get my A1c down from 8% (me too!) and suggested I see him every 6 weeks...first appt Friday. I SO hope he doesn't talk to me as if I were a moron...I'm sick of nodding and smiling.o_O
Made me laugh Bloden...so you nod & smile too🙂🙂🙂...I used to do that...I have his ear after baring my teeth on at least one occasion...now he nods & smiles...good luck with your appointment.

Wow that was high Wirralass thankfully it came down, can u think of any reason why it was so high, hope your headache does a disappearing act x
Thanks for your concern Barbara - can't think of any particular reason for it tho my B/P is a tad higher than normal for me - and my headache is quite intense now so I took a couple of painkillers 10 minutes ago & drank more water. Tested again at 7.50am and bgl is 6.6 so it's coming down thank God. x
WL

Good morning folks.
Awoke at 4.25am to 17.2 😱 Shocked to say the least!
Tested again just now and bgl is 7.4
Apart from a headache I feel ok. Will test again later.
View attachment 3680
Blimey Jackie...what you been up to...thankfully down again reasonably quickly...still got that headache...had one all day yesterday...with me think it's the weather...hope it wasn't all that laughing yesterday afternoon that shot your BG up...may have to 'ration' you...come on...new day...fingers crossed it's a good one for you🙂🙂🙂.

Made me laugh Bloden...so you nod & smile too🙂🙂🙂...I used to do that...I have his ear after baring my teeth on at least one occasion...now he nods & smiles...good luck with your appointment.
LOL! You crazy!😛 Beware...If the wind changes direction, that cheesy grin'll be with you forever.:confused: As for nodding, I feel my head might fall off and roll across the floor. I suppose I'd finally get their attention.:D

Morning...up late for me...a quick 'pit stop' at 3am...thought I'd never get back to sleep...I did...before I know it it's 06:30...so slept in...not sure if I am feeling the benefit (yet)...woke to a 5.6...feeling I need more coffee...and possibly a little retail therapy to get me started😉😉😉.

LOL! You crazy!😛 Beware...If the wind changes direction, that cheesy grin'll be with you forever.:confused: As for nodding, I feel my head might fall off and roll across the floor. I suppose I'd finally get their attention.:D
Not sure about that Bloden...they'd probably ask you to pick it up as you left...that's if they noticed:D.

Only slept for about 3 hours. 8.3 for me though

Good morning everyone. We've had rain 🙂🙂🙂
6.7 on meter and

IMG_0370.JPG

Looks like DP made an early start.

Last edited:
Good morning Wirralass, how scary to be so high though great it has come down, the reading of 7.4 is good and do let us know how you are. I hope your headache gets better soon.
Morning NJ - thank you - I almost took a hairy when I read the meter reading as you can imagine - no idea at all why my bg should be that high - unless it was a duff strip - but I awoke with a terrible headache - also I have been having nosebleeds for the past three days - don't know if this is a significant factor. Anyway my bgl at 7.50am was 6.6 (Codefree) so my bgl is back in my normal range now, phew! I'll test again later x
WL

Only slept for about 3 hours. 8.3 for me though
Yuk Carol...I've done the opposite...we can't win...can we?...hope you can get your head down later.

Morning NJ - thank you - I almost took a hairy when I read the meter reading as you can imagine - no idea at all why my bg should be that high - unless it was a duff strip - but I awoke with a terrible headache - also I have been having nosebleeds for the past three days - don't know if this is a significant factor. Anyway my bgl at 7.50am was 6.6 (Codefree) so my bgl is back in my normal range now, phew! I'll test again later x
WL
I hope everything settles down and you feel better, great you are back in normal range. Take care xx

Blimey Jackie...what you been up to...thankfully down again reasonably quickly...still got that headache...had one all day yesterday...with me think it's the weather...hope it wasn't all that laughing yesterday afternoon that shot your BG up...may have to 'ration' you...come on...new day...fingers crossed it's a good one for you🙂🙂🙂.
Bubbsie when I saw 17.2 😱on the meter I nearly s**t myself!! Can't think of any reason for it to be high other than 1) dehydration from lack of my usual quota of water yesterday + severe headache and or 2) The test strip may have been duff - but hey I'm still breathing:D Good tonic (of the laughter kind) yesterday Bubbs, needed it! Have just tested again with the Codefree 7.6! Tested on my other hand straight after and it's....6.7! Can't win! So I'll log my best waking number today as 6.6. End of!!! :D x
WL

Back