Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning🙂 An eye watering 21.8 this morning after a very frightening hypo in the 1's last night when I couldn't think what I needed to do to make things better. One thing I tried was to change the battery in my pump- I found the old battery on the worktop but can only vaguely remember doing something in the kitchen o_O:confused: I eventually decided on Lucozade thank goodness. Really quite shaken up this morning .

I hope your hospital appointment goes well granger.

Always good to see a weekend house special Bubbsie 🙂

Hope you feel better that sounded very scary.

Good morning🙂 An eye watering 21.8 this morning after a very frightening hypo in the 1's last night when I couldn't think what I needed to do to make things better. One thing I tried was to change the battery in my pump- I found the old battery on the worktop but can only vaguely remember doing something in the kitchen o_O:confused: I eventually decided on Lucozade thank goodness. Really quite shaken up this morning .

Oh I'm sorry to hear this Flower. You take care after that nasty episode.

I woke with a 6.9 and still chuckling about someone last night who had told her doctor it 'was a ridiculous idea her having got diabetes. Where on earth would she have caught that from!'

Worry is, she's holding onto that belief and has dismissed the diagnosis! 🙄😱

Oh I'm sorry to hear this Flower. You take care after that nasty episode.

I woke with a 6.9 and still chuckling about someone last night who had told her doctor it 'was a ridiculous idea her having got diabetes. Where on earth would she have caught that from!'

Worry is, she's holding onto that belief and has dismissed the diagnosis! 🙄😱
Better numbers today Amigo...hopefully the start of a regular decrease...the diagnosis...yes...sometimes you have to laugh...little else you can do...I wonder though how many dismiss their condition because of the way the diagnosis is given?...presented...I got the news in a phone call...just said...you have diabetes T2...come & collect a prescription...meant little to me...even after an appointment with my GP...still meant little...told to take pills...come back in three months...oh by the way...book yourself on this course...thought that was all there was to it...believe strongly if we are advised we have to manage/control our conditions...we need to be made fully aware of what it is we have to mange...what it can do...be encouraged to believe we can control it...until that changes...likely to have more that take the approach above.

@Bubbsie it's about time you got some of the good weather I've been having, would have preferred if it had stayed with me too though lol, @grainger good luck with your appointment today and @Flower oh no how horrible, hope your feeling ok and take it easy for the rest of the day at least!! x

@grainger . Hope all goes well at your appointment today

Better numbers today Amigo...hopefully the start of a regular decrease...the diagnosis...yes...sometimes you have to laugh...little else you can do...I wonder though how many dismiss their condition because of the way the diagnosis is given?...presented...I got the news in a phone call...just said...you have diabetes T2...come & collect a prescription...meant little to me...even after an appointment with my GP...still meant little...told to take pills...come back in three months...oh by the way...book yourself on this course...thought that was all there was to it...believe strongly if we are advised we have to manage/control our conditions...we need to be made fully aware of what it is we have to mange...what it can do...be encouraged to believe we can control it...until that changes...likely to have more that take the approach above.

Nah...she's just a prat Bubbsie! She doesn't want to give up anything so has decided it's the doctor's incompetence. Some people will unfortunately live and prematurely die in a state of denial.

Nah...she's just a prat Bubbsie! She doesn't want to give up anything so has decided it's the doctor's incompetence. Some people will unfortunately live and prematurely die in a state of denial.
Well that's a fair enough assessment Amigo...I have a friend of over thirty years plus...done similar...progressed from standard tablets...to ever increasing amount of insulin...tried her to encourage her...she refers to me now as 'The Diabetes Police'...eats what she wants...no activity...says GP is neglectful...she does absolutely nothing to attempt to manage/control her diabetes...blames the GP/DSN...had to withdraw...accept it's now up to her...frustrating...but...you can only take things so far.

Well that's a fair enough assessment Amigo...I have a friend of over thirty years plus...done similar...progressed from standard tablets...to ever increasing amount of insulin...tried her to encourage her...she refers to me now as 'The Diabetes Police'...eats what she wants...no activity...says GP is neglectful...she does absolutely nothing to attempt to manage/control her diabetes...blames the GP/DSN...had to withdraw...accept it's now up to her...frustrating...but...you can only take things so far.

Oh I've been to the funerals of friends similarlily 'disengaged from the reality'. I just smile now because it's a waste of energy with some people. However, I take time with anyone who really wants to understand. The level of ignorance is staggering!!

7.3 @ 6.42, bit high for me, due I think to being hurty all over, son's garden is a nightmare! Everything's gone bonkers...i.e., tendrils of Ivy come away from the hedge 6foot and lodged itself into the grass, can't call it a lawn, more like a field. 😱 Still it's good exercise. 🙂 Agh. Have a good Saturday y'all.

Grainger really good to see you here regularly again...good luck with your appointment...wishing you all the very best of luck...keep us updated please.

Good luck at your appointment.
@Bubbsie it's about time you got some of the good weather I've been having, would have preferred if it had stayed with me too though lol, @grainger good luck with your appointment today and @Flower oh no how horrible, hope your feeling ok and take it easy for the rest of the day at least!! x
@grainger . Hope all goes well at your appointment today

Thanks all. Sorry if i missed anyone. All good, need an ultrasound but they are not worried about anything particularly they just find me weird! But my family all present illness in weird ways so I shouldn't be surprised... so just wait for my next appointment 🙂.

Morning...aching like an old wreck today...house improvements so exhausting...not sure if my lack of skill...patience...dexterity & clumsiness with the paint brush qualifies as an improvement....however...looking at the results...strangely satisfying...as long as you don't look too closely😱😱😱.

ps... forgot to say...5.2 today🙂.
Oh really well done & congrats on your HS Bubbsie - maybe hours of decorating is having a good effect on your bgls :D x
WL

Good evening peeps on this wet Saturday.
No waking to record today - have run out of test strips :(

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend come rain hail or shine!
Take care folks x
WL

dn hey
Thanks all. Sorry if i missed anyone. All good, need an ultrasound but they are not worried about anything particularly they just find me weird! But my family all present illness in weird ways so I shouldn't be surprised... so just wait for my next appointment 🙂.
Great news Grainger...weird is fine...nothing wrong with that:D.

Back