Group 7-day waking average?

A 5.9 and the vodka certainly kept both the dawn phenomenon and piddle and cramp away.
Probably not a recommended long term strategy though :D
Off out for Turkish food tonight. Better avoid the Turkish Delight!

What is Libre?
It's a form of continuous glucose monitoring system, not available on the NHS yet, unfortunately, but a few of us use them. You have a sensor in your arm, which last two weeks, and a hand held reader to swipe over it which gives you a graph of your blood glucose for the last eight hours, so by swiping it regularly, you get a complete read out of your blood sugars. Type 'Freestyle Libre' into the search box at the top to read about it, there have been quite a few discussions, some people get on with it better than others.

That's great news Mike

I'm still new to all this malarkey but I was 6.4 on getting up this morning.

I was expecting it to go right down but no, it was 6.3 before lunch.

Thursday was a good day 5.6 on getting up, 5.6 before lunch, 5.7 on going to bed. I thought if you were in the 4s it was a hypo! Watched Gillian McKeith's 'Eat Yourself Sexy' this morning and the lady she was advising got her bloods down to 3s and 4s. I was amazed.

I'm still new to all this malarkey but I was 6.4 on getting up this morning.

I was expecting it to go right down but no, it was 6.3 before lunch.

Thursday was a good day 5.6 on getting up, 5.6 before lunch, 5.7 on going to bed. I thought if you were in the 4s it was a hypo! Watched Gillian McKeith's 'Eat Yourself Sexy' this morning and the lady she was advising got her bloods down to 3s and 4s. I was amazed.
It's not necessary (not advisable if on some medications! 😱) to get into the 3s or even 4s. Your Thursday numbers were just about spot on and healthy, and today's were very acceptable 🙂

On a side note, I find it difficult to equate the phrase 'Eat yourself sexy' with Ms McKeith! 😱 🙂

LOL I know. :D

I was very pleased with my day of 5s but then today I'm all 6s and I didn't do anything different. So confusing. I walked 3 miles today too and expected a much lower number. Oh well...

Good morning everyone. 4.8 today
@Ditto 6s are absolutely fine 🙂

Reactions: Ljc
Morning...6.2 today.

7.6 on finger prick and 5.1 on libre :confused:. Did go to bed on high of 10.7 though, but this dropped right down within about 30 mins to approx 5.5 - 6 after taking Lantus, and stayed steady all night.

LOL I know. :D

I was very pleased with my day of 5s but then today I'm all 6s and I didn't do anything different. So confusing. I walked 3 miles today too and expected a much lower number. Oh well...
@Ditto I think you would do well to ditch the Atkins book and get yourself the T2 book that everyone recommends, I think its by Gretchen or someone similar.
5's and 6's are very good results for a T2. Below 4 is hypo. 4-7 is considered to be normal range. Don't try and compete for 5's and below with T1's, they have insulin to make it easier.

Morning all 6.1/6.8 for me and a lovely flat line all night. Enjoy your sunday everyone.

@Ditto I think you would do well to ditch the Atkins book and get yourself the T2 book that everyone recommends, I think its by Gretchen or someone similar.
5's and 6's are very good results for a T2. Below 4 is hypo. 4-7 is considered to be normal range. Don't try and compete for 5's and below with T1's, they have insulin to make it easier.
Agree Owen...great book///Type 2 Diabete
Agree Owen brilliant book...Type 2 Diabetes The First Year by Gretchen Becker...and nothing wrong at all with 5 & 6's...in that range myself with the odd 7 here and there.

A 5.9 and the vodka certainly kept both the dawn phenomenon and piddle and cramp away.
Probably not a recommended long term strategy though :D
Off out for Turkish food tonight. Better avoid the Turkish Delight!
Welldone Amigo...not keen on Vodka...will Gin be an acceptable substitute?...with a healthy slice of Lemon of course.

Back