Group 7-day waking average?

Mody is even more complicated, as there are lots of variations. It's all in the jeans, oops I mean genes.
Just read up on it Owen...no idea how many variations of diabetes there are...feel so ignorant...may sound entirely selfish but feel relieved mine is type 2...not so sure I would be able to manage any of the others...seem to be going slightly 'backwards' with type 2...hope just a temporary blip...

Good morning all - an 11.2 for me this morning - been fighting highs all weekend, have come to the conclusion I'm ill without knowing it! Fingers crossed I drop back to nicer levels soon 🙂
Oh no! Hope you can get things under control soon 🙂 I've been finding that the longer nights and cooler weather have meant I've had to increase my insulin doses quite a bit recently, so perhaps that might be a factor too.

Mody is even more complicated, as there are lots of variations. It's all in the jeans, oops I mean genes.

Only when on Metformin!!!

Just read up on it Owen...no idea how many variations of diabetes there are...feel so ignorant...may sound entirely selfish but feel relieved mine is type 2...not so sure I would be able to manage any of the others...seem to be going slightly 'backwards' with type 2...hope just a temporary blip...

My Dr spotted it as the metformin wasnt doing anything to change my levels at the start, and im now on the last type of tablet to try before going onto injectables!!! I had my HbA1c test friday, just waitting for the results. I will update on here when I know whats happening.

My Dr spotted it as the metformin wasnt doing anything to change my levels at the start, and im now on the last type of tablet to try before going onto injectables!!! I had my HbA1c test friday, just waitting for the results. I will update on here when I know whats happening.
Did they tell you what form of Mody you have

I'm out of test strips, so I can't join in till I get some more!

A bit better 6.6 for me but it's unpredictable at the moment so understand the struggle :(

What meter are you running?

I have the GlucoRX Nexus. More are on order, shouldn't have to wait too long.

I am beta, Glic is supposed to work with Alpha, obviously it is not in your case. You'll probably find without GLP 1 inhibitor, you would go sky high. It is also possible that your insulin production is deteriorating.

The glic worked for a short while when I was first put on it. My Dr doesnt want to increase the dose due to weight. So i am just waiting to see what they say when I go on thursday. I baffled the dr with my last HbA1c as it went down to 41 despite having high daily readings (he is still confused about that one), so we shall see what the next one is.

I am beta, Glic is supposed to work with Alpha, obviously it is not in your case. You'll probably find without GLP 1 inhibitor, you would go sky high. It is also possible that your insulin production is deteriorating.

Just had a quick look at my patient record online and it says there I am beta too!!!

may sound entirely selfish but feel relieved mine is type 2...not so sure I would be able to manage any of the others.
Not so sure about that, I often feel you Type 2s have a much harder time controlling your levels, at least I know, if things have gone haywire, that if I whack some insulin in, my levels will drop and normally in the manner I was expecting them to!

Not so sure about that, I often feel you Type 2s have a much harder time controlling your levels, at least I know, if things have gone haywire, that if I whack some insulin in, my levels will drop and normally in the manner I was expecting them to!
Hi Robin...no idea why...the thought of insulin makes me feel so nervous...even though I have seen posts where some type 2's say they feel so much better once they have started taking it...and I can cope with the Metformin...just got used to it I suppose...although the all too often (now have them regularly...thought that would decrease the longer I took it) Metformin moments are awful...just got used to managing them...think stress is a big thing for me...unfortunately stress is part of my work...and BG now at 7.7 after breakfast test...so must learn to take things in my stride...waiting for HbA1c results which are due in this week...Thanks

Just had a quick look at my patient record online and it says there I am beta too!!!
Have pm you, to save dominating the thread
Owen...feel like a bit of an idiot asking...but how do I view my patient record online...never heard of it before...this is all so new to me...

Good luck Stitch...

Owen...feel like a bit of an idiot asking...but how do I view my patient record online...never heard of it before...this is all so new to me...
Your gp, can set it up for you. Not all doctors use the system, give them a call

Back