Group 7-day waking average?

A horrid little 7.7 this morning. The dawn phenomenon has returned it seems. Ah well, back to the drawing board 🙄

Forgot to post when I tested BUT guess who was 6.7 this morning? ME. Woke up to wee about 1am and tested cos I felt starving. I was 5.4 so I had a handful of salted peanuts and went back to bed. My appetite has almost disappeared the past couple days since my sugars are in normal range. I can't remember the last time I didn't feel absolutely starving 24/7 its a nice feeling! 🙄o_O

Good morning 🙂 a sunny 4.4 for me and just because it's Wednesday it's time to attend the foot ulcer clinic, yay! I wonder what font of diabetes knowledge I'll have the pleasure of sitting next to today 😉🙄

Good luck at the clinic!

That's wonderful news Rosie. So pleased for you 🙂

Forgot to post when I tested BUT guess who was 6.7 this morning? ME. Woke up to wee about 1am and tested cos I felt starving. I was 5.4 so I had a handful of salted peanuts and went back to bed. My appetite has almost disappeared the past couple days since my sugars are in normal range. I can't remember the last time I didn't feel absolutely starving 24/7 its a nice feeling! 🙄o_O
Great news Rosie. If it wasnt so warm here I'd do a lap of honour round my office. X

Good morning 🙂 a sunny 4.4 for me and just because it's Wednesday it's time to attend the foot ulcer clinic, yay! I wonder what font of diabetes knowledge I'll have the pleasure of sitting next to today 😉🙄
Hope you get some good news today. I hope you don't have to endure sitting next to a fount of knowledge today, if you do you have my permission to .................. :D

@Rosiecarmel . That is absolutely brilliant . I trust you're feeling loads better now. It's also good to hear your not feeling so hungry now.

Last edited:
Sorry, but what's the "Dawn Phenomenon"?

That's a really good explanation of why it happens in Type 2s. In Type 1s, it's more straightforward. Unless you're on a pump and can increase and decrease the amount of basal insulin going in, at some point in the night, the flat dose won't be the right amount. It's then a question of juggling the dose to find the 'best fit' ie, one that doesn't drop you too fast during the first half of the night, and limits the rise in the second half.

Great explanation. All clear now. I think I may well be getting it as no matter what my reading before bed, I am always in the 7's or low 8's on waking.

Great explanation. All clear now. I think I may well be getting it as no matter what my reading before bed, I am always in the 7's or low 8's on waking.
I think some people have found a little low carb snack at bedtime helps with this. Is their much difference between bedtime and waking BGs

I suspect if you have a fatty liver as I do, it's going to happen anyway as described in the link. My levels drop after breakfast.

Good morning everyone. A not so good 9.6 today after a day of lows yesterday.

Bore da pawb... It's an 8.6 from me 🙂

I'm going to change my name to Len as it's another SEVEEENNN (7.3) for me

Morning all, normal service has resumed, 10.8 for me today.

Morning all. 7.8 for me this morning.

Good morning 🙂 6.4 for me today. I've been feeling very weary over the past few days, suspect I'm battling some low-level infection - just had a humungous 11 hour lie-in! 😱

Well done Rosiecarmel with your great number yesterday. 7.7 for me this morning - probably wasn't the best idea to have a small amount of Glucojuice when I was in the 4's at 5am. I hope that you feel better soon Northerner.

Back