Group 7-day waking average?

Bore da pawb... Hope those levels... erm... level for you soon Ljc.
A 9.1 here.

Reactions: Ljc
Morning all. 5.9 for me. Still looking good out my window. Why does the weekend have to come round so quick. Have a good one folks. HI HO

18.6 this morning. Libre showed that it started going up at 3am which shows that it's the gastroparesis. I will get on top of this. I will beat it.

Morning everyone , 6.4 for me today . Attended the DESMOND course yesterday . Very informative but I found it finally brought home to me what it means to have this . Up to now I have been "head down get on with it" mode but the course explained all the things that could go wrong and I felt very down when I got home . Weepy . I suppose I have to expect highs and lows . Sorry to be so miserable . Have a good day everyone .

5.4 here. Hope you're feeling more upbeat now, mumpat. Remember, as with most things in life, what could go wrong and what actually goes wrong are worlds apart.

Morning all, 13.5 for me this morning, even though I was 11.7 before bed. Get today out of the way then its 12 days until im back in work.

Thanks, I was 5.7 before bed . In case it makes any difference I take my Insulatard in the morning.
In that case, how long after your last novorapid are you taking your bedtime reading? It can have quite a 'tail' and it's possible that a reading taken an hour later might have shown you were a bit too low to sleep on already 😱

Morning everyone , 6.4 for me today . Attended the DESMOND course yesterday . Very informative but I found it finally brought home to me what it means to have this . Up to now I have been "head down get on with it" mode but the course explained all the things that could go wrong and I felt very down when I got home . Weepy . I suppose I have to expect highs and lows . Sorry to be so miserable . Have a good day everyone .
I think much can depend on the course presenter. Obviously, they need to make people aware that diabetes can have serious consequences if not managed well, but as you say, it can sometimes be very scary to hear. My course was similar, particularly the talk from the eye person and the foot person - both were quite negative and gave the impression that bad things were inevitable - this simply isn't true! You have made an excellent start, you are learning every day and you recognise that action needs to be taken. Well-controlled diabetes is the major cause of....absolutely nothing! 🙂

I think much can depend on the course presenter. Obviously, they need to make people aware that diabetes can have serious consequences if not managed well, but as you say, it can sometimes be very scary to hear. My course was similar, particularly the talk from the eye person and the foot person - both were quite negative and gave the impression that bad things were inevitable - this simply isn't true! You have made an excellent start, you are learning every day and you recognise that action needs to be taken .Well-controlled diabetes is the major cause of....absolutely nothing! 🙂
Thank you , that's very kind and I know very true . I know I will be fine , its just the shock of the seriousness of some of it . I'm ok , thank you .

Thank you , that's very kind and I know very true . I know I will be fine , its just the shock of the seriousness of some of it . I'm ok , thank you .
I really sympathise, mumpat, with how you're feeling - I think we've all been there. But as Northener says, you've got off on the right foot and are learning to look after yourself - give yourself a big pat (no pun intended🙄) on the back.😛

Morning all.🙂 6.9 here.

You know what, this week I seem to have stepped off the BG roller coaster and I've been having more or less level BGs all day long - wow! I blame you lot, for edu-ma-cating me. Thanks!:D

I really sympathise, mumpat, with how you're feeling - I think we've all been there. But as Northener says, you've got off on the right foot and are learning to look after yourself - give yourself a big pat (no pun intended🙄) on the back.😛

Morning all.🙂 6.9 here.

You know what, this week I seem to have stepped off the BG roller coaster and I've been having more or less level BGs all day long - wow! I blame you lot, for edu-ma-cating me. Thanks!:D
Thank you Bloden , I'm glad I found this forum , you're all so lovely . You seem to be doing well too bloden , well done .

Thank you Bloden , I'm glad I found this forum , you're all so lovely . You seem to be doing well too bloden , well done .
I'm getting there, mumpat!

Morning all.🙂 7.3 here - after a whopping 17 😱 after a meal out last night. Who knows?!!

Have a great weekend ev1.🙂

Morning all, 9.3 for me today.

Good morning 10.3. I keep increasing my basal so something should work soon? Tonight I'm increasing my insulin to carbs ratio. I did manage to keep in target from 11am until I went to bed last night so I'm making progress 🙂

Back