Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning all and great to see the HS's appearing 🙂
Good luck today Stitch. Hope the doc can help you.
Almost forgot to put my bad result in writing A whopping (for me) 7.5 😱
Think I've fallen out with my meter too Amigo!

Good morning all and great to see the HS's appearing 🙂
Good luck today Stitch. Hope the doc can help you.
Almost forgot to put my bad result in writing A whopping (for me) 7.5 😱
Think I've fallen out with my meter too Amigo!
Good morning Lindarose , I was hoping for a post about numbers from someone who knows . What is the desired result for the morning and also 3 hours after a meal ? I am newly diagnosed and on Metformine 500mg daily .

Good morning! 4.6 again for me today xx

Good morning Lindarose , I was hoping for a post about numbers from someone who knows . What is the desired result for the morning and also 3 hours after a meal ? I am newly diagnosed and on Metformine 500mg daily .

Hi mumpat, ok if I answer? Ideally between 4-7 on a morning before food and no more than 8.5 two hours after a meal. You need to test ideally after 2 hrs not 3. But if you've just been diagnosed, don't worry if it takes a while to get down to those levels.

I'm 6.3 this morning so I'm not flinging the meter in the bin just yet!

Hi mumpat, ok if I answer? Ideally between 4-7 on a morning before food and no more than 8.5 two hours after a meal. You need to test ideally after 2 hrs not 3. But if you've just been diagnosed, don't worry if it takes a while to get down to those levels.

I'm 6.3 this morning so I'm not flinging the meter in the bin just yet!
That's brilliant thank you , no I don't mind at all if you answer , I need all the help I can get !

How about for a bit of fun if people who test in the mornings post their waking levels? I think it would be interesting to see what the average works out at after a week 🙂

I'll start with mine - I was 6.0 when I woke up this morning 🙂

(please don't let me be the only person to enter one! 😉)
Good morning , mine was 6.0 also .

That's a great result mumpat. You're doing really well 🙂

Just back from nearly 4 weeks in Singapore where I had to reduce my Novorapid usage significantly, now trying to get all back in line again. Morning seems to be mostly Ok though - 6.0 today. (Does everyone test on waking? - I test just before eating breakfast, probably 15 minutes or so after getting up)
Morning , I test just before breakfast also . 6.0 today .

10.6 here, and I'm in pain! Went to exercise class on Tuesday after a two week gap while teacher on hol, and probably overdid the arm exercises. Shoulder started stiffening up yesterday, and was excruciating by bedtime. ( I say shoulder, it's more internal under the shoulder blade.) Woke up every time I moved overnight. Just waiting for the nurofen to kick in before I attempt to get dressed. Hoping it's not the start of a frozen shoulder, I'm off on a walking hol in 2 weeks.

I sympathize Robin having had frozen shoulder and continual problems with calcium deposits, impingement and rotor cuff over the past 5 years.
Really hope your pain soon settles and it turns out to be over enthusiastic exercising!

10.6 here, and I'm in pain! Went to exercise class on Tuesday after a two week gap while teacher on hol, and probably overdid the arm exercises. Shoulder started stiffening up yesterday, and was excruciating by bedtime. ( I say shoulder, it's more internal under the shoulder blade.) Woke up every time I moved overnight. Just waiting for the nurofen to kick in before I attempt to get dressed. Hoping it's not the start of a frozen shoulder, I'm off on a walking hol in 2 weeks.

Like Linda, I empathise too Robin. Get the ice pack on it, (not directly obviously). My shoulder is giving me some gyp this morning too. Seems to be a major risk with diabetics 😱

Bore da pawb... A 9.7 for me this morning. Have a good day everyone 🙂

I hope that your shoulder improves soon Robin. Good morning everyone 9.6 for me today and according to the Libre I was in mid teens for most of the night. In comparison yesterday during the day was a hypo nightmare. Thank goodness for my Libre🙂

Morning folks.🙂 Not quite 5.1 for me.😛
Off to reno house for a couple of weeks for cleaning, painting and decorating before our first visitors arrive mid-August. It's only taken us 6 years to get to this point! 😱🙄 I think we might get a ribbon for our guests to cut to mark the occasion.😉

Oooo, take it easy with that shoulder, Robin.

Wow that's really good , I haven't been under 5 yet so still experimenting !
It does take a while to get BGs down to good levels . Your result this morning is very good, but someone round here don't like us using round figures :D now don't worry as I'm sure they've won't notice today :D. Some of us develop coughs ect if we have a round figure ie 6.1 cough .

I'm on good terms with my meter today 6.3

Last edited:
Back