Group 7-day waking average?

Oops... A 13.3 for me (mind you I did eat and stay at a hotel [an hotel] in the Potteries last night) and had a few tinctures
I'm an 'an hotel' person also - not sure when they started dropping the 'n'! Same time as they started calling actresses 'actors' I expect 🙄

It should, grammatically speaking, be a hotel, as the h is aspirated in hotel, as opposed to, say, in hour, where it should indeed be an hour.
Wherever the h is aspirated (you 'blow' it out to sound it - hello, howzat, helichrisum, hippopotamus all spring to mind*) you always use 'an'. This is a long standing grammatical rule that went out of fashion in the 70s or so but is now being returned to its proper use. (Pedantic, moi?)

*ok,I've got a tangential mind...

It should, grammatically speaking, be a hotel, as the h is aspirated in hotel, as opposed to, say, in hour, where it should indeed be an hour.
Wherever the h is aspirated (you 'blow' it out to sound it - hello, howzat, helichrisum, hippopotamus all spring to mind*) you always use 'an'. This is a long standing grammatical rule that went out of fashion in the 70s or so but is now being returned to its proper use. (Pedantic, moi?)

Ah, but I'm from Yorkshire.... :D

I wouldnt presume to be so posh! I's from from good ol'Sheffield originally.
(My (Belgian) grandmother lived in Huntingdon in York. She always over pronounced the H as she'd heard that was how upper class people spoke English :D)

It should, grammatically... <big snip >...(Pedantic, moi?)

The 'got' is superfluous... 'I have a tangential mind' is sufficient.
/Pedant Mode=OFF

If we're into pedantry, H isn't even a letter. It's just our language's sign for changing the pronunciation of the following vowel, or preceding consonant. It's the vowel that is aspirated, not the H. In Greek, this aspiration is indicated by a mark over the vowel. The word 'thought' is a good example of what H does to consonants.

End of lesson

If we're into pedantry, H isn't even a letter. It's just our language's sign for changing the pronunciation of the following vowel, or preceding consonant. It's the vowel that is aspirated, not the H. In Greek, this aspiration is indicated by a mark over the vowel. The word 'thought' is a good example of what H does to consonants.

End of lesson
So, what's the 'g' doing there? 🙂

Good morning 🙂 5.7 for me today.

Morning all, 11.3 this morning. Off to London this morning as I'm taking part in Race for Life 5k in Hyde Park.

Morning all 🙂 and 7.3 today. Bit higher than normal but no time to recheck and prob just the inaccuracies of strip.
Good luck today Stitch! Hope it's good weather for you all.

Morning, 3.6 here! Follow on from a long walk yesterday afternoon. Good luck today, Stitch, hope it's not too hot.

Morning all 🙂 and 7.3 today. Bit higher than normal but no time to recheck and prob just the inaccuracies of strip.
Good luck today Stitch! Hope it's good weather for you all.

We seem to be on parallel lines at the moment Linda, I'm also an unusually higher 7.4 this morning. Always higher if I test as soon as I wake from a deep
sleep 🙄

Morning all, 11.3 this morning. Off to London this morning as I'm taking part in Race for Life 5k in Hyde Park.

Good for you Stitch! As a cancer sufferer I salute you!

This is the most inspirational song, 'Run for Life' by breast cancer survivor, singer, Melissa Etheridge but I think it applies to everyone running to keep ahead of a life threatening illness.
Hope these words spur you on as you run for life today Stitch. (And hope the link works!)

Well Amigo must say I never considered whether sleep made a difference. Worked til late last night so certainly didn't get much sleep and my head was everywhere after a crazy busy shift. Maybe? Will keep a check as certainly wasn't late night naughty nibbles!

Well Amigo must say I never considered whether sleep made a difference. Worked til late last night so certainly didn't get much sleep and my head was everywhere after a crazy busy shift. Maybe? Will keep a check as certainly wasn't late night naughty nibbles!

It's a strange thing Linda but if I wake from a heavy dream, my BG's are always high like my liver is pumping out to cope! If I have a shower, it can drop immediately.

Back