• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

Forgive me for I have sinned

KFC tower zinger, couldn't resist, how many carbilicious carbs? haven't injected as been on thee source, but it would be good to ken!

Will someone destroy this post?!!!!

I keep seeing KFC when I hover over the post - I love KFC, it is my junk food weakness!

And you keep putting this UNDER MY NOSE it's not fair!

Plus it's a 15 mile round trip to my nearest KFC, so by the time I've sent Bruce it would have been cold so he eats it :(

I am munching half a terrys chocolate orange at least hubby is eating the other half... :eek:

im eating 2 mins donuts . there sure are some serial sinners in here :D:D

Well while we're confessing, I'd like to say (or really, I would like hide!) that I have had a week off from Diabetes and I've not stopped eating chocolate/cake/biscuits/bread/butter for a week now.

The pounds and inches have been piling on and the numbers haven't been TOO bad, but back to being sensible next week, and just hope the naughtiness hasn't had too many invisible-at-the-moment knock on effects!!

Oh well, you're only young once. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !! :D :D (and I AM just about to have my second piece of fruit since Christmas..................... :p )

xx

mmmmm been out shopping and now home and tucking into a smarties mcflurry (bad girl i know) but did i mention mmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

Will someone destroy this post?!!!!

I keep seeing KFC when I hover over the post - I love KFC, it is my junk food weakness!

And you keep putting this UNDER MY NOSE it's not fair!

Plus it's a 15 mile round trip to my nearest KFC, so by the time I've sent Bruce it would have been cold so he eats it :(

I tell you what David, send us your addy and I'll post you a family bucket, maybe it's just me but I would eat a bucket stone cold!! Saves you 15 miles of petrol and costs be some postage hell it'll be worth it!;)

i had a whole bar of hazelnut milka (it's on half price, 47p, in sainsburys...)

please forgive me! i'm going to have an apple to make up for the unhealthyness :p

whisky.....ummm i think ill be poping in all night....more whisky

A whole packet of Sainsbury's Cinema Style Sweet popcorn while watching a sad film. (Schindler's List)

just had a pkt of ready salted crisps and a milky way i feel sick lol

mmmmm been out shopping and now home and tucking into a smarties mcflurry (bad girl i know) but did i mention mmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

McYuck! I've been gifted with a large pot of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia, my favourite, yumm. Something tells me it won't last very long.:D

I sinned and i didnt care tbh, last night was my night to finally kiss 09 goodbye in style , i tested at 3.15 and was 7.4 so no damage really. I was kinda sozzeled lol

Where do I start? Last night crisps, choc, cocktail sausages, sausage rolls - stopped counting the mince pies after 3 :eek: but as I was driving no alcohol - although I did get a bottle of gin off my pal for my Christmas present :D. And, of course, because I have been a good girl for the last 6 months my tummy is suffering for it this morming...

McYuck! I've been gifted with a large pot of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia, my favourite, yumm. Something tells me it won't last very long.:D

Oh my fave as well :D

the kids were given a chocolate fountain for xmas from my mum and we set it up today i had 3 chocolate covered strawberrys and 4 chocolate covered marshmellows how many hail marys for that;)

I sinned Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and last night. So much for my diet being forever. Felt rough as a badgers bottom this morning, and I didn't even drink!

Lower than low today (mood, not sugars - well - how would I know, anyway).

I sinned Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and last night. So much for my diet being forever. Felt rough as a badgers bottom this morning, and I didn't even drink!

Lower than low today (mood, not sugars - well - how would I know, anyway).

I had some coffee layer cake today. It had icing on it. The Metfomin will get it's own back on me for sure... It usually does.

Remember that you can have anything you want on this diet. It's the quantities that are important.

Sorry to hear your mood is low today Lisa. I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:
I cant have anything I want, that's the thing. I dont have metformin helping me, or insulin to soak up some sugar, I'm totally diet controlled, so I cant cheat a little bit. Plus I have symptoms much earlier than most - my bloods must be under 7 and yet I'm still parched and exhausted all the time. No check up for another 6 months, apparently I'm doing great (I think I might take Peter's advice and punch my nurse after all)...

I cant have anything I want, that's the thing. I dont have metformin helping me, or insulin to soak up some sugar, I'm totally diet controlled, so I cant cheat a little bit. Plus I have symptoms much earlier than most - my bloods must be under 7 and yet I'm still parched and exhausted all the time. No check up for another 6 months, apparently I'm doing great (I think I might take Peter's advice and punch my nurse after all)...

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear you are suffering. Please chase your healthcare team up - don't wait for 6 months.

If I hadn't have kicked up a fuss a month after diagnosis I would still be tired and thristy. And don't forget the magic words second opinion. If your doctor won't help ask to be seen by another. You are entitled to this.

the kids were given a chocolate fountain for xmas from my mum and we set it up today i had 3 chocolate covered strawberrys and 4 chocolate covered marshmellows how many hail marys for that;)

Oh, well done on eating fruit!! :D :D

xx

Back