Food ideas with photos

Today's salad, I generally find it easier to actually motivate myself to make up a salad at work than at home (we do have fridges). Red cos lettuce, yellow pepper, cucumber, baby plum tomatoes, Mary Berry light salad dressing, oak smoked ham, wensleydale cheese, "pickled" grilled pepper and some salad topper seeds that I can't remember which shop I found them in! They add a nice crunch texture and a bit of flavour too

View attachment 31374
Looks lovely, I would be starving within the hour. I get so frustrated

Looks lovely, I would be starving within the hour. I get so frustrated
It had about 60g of cheese as well as 3 slices of ham so that helped with being filling

Running down the freezer leading up to my holiday. So a bit of a mixed bag.

879 cals, 82.2gm carbs of which 36.1gm sugars and 3.7 of my 5 a day

B: Scrambled egg on toast (9.3gm carbs)

L: Tomato vegetable soup (10.4gm carbs)

D: Small jacket potato, roast beef, spinach, mixed veggies (42.3gm carbs).

S: Peppermint tea

E: Aquafit

Plus: Semi skimmed milk, cholesterol lowering drink and Fybogel (17.0gm carbs)

Today's lunchtime salad:

Attachments

• 20240902_131233.jpg
    20240902_131233.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 13
I was planning to go to Atlantic Village today, but the forecast is dreadful, so I'll wait until the weekend

1433 cals, 69.8gm carbs of which 38.5gm sugars

B: Vanilla almond shake (9.1gm carbs)

L: Poached egg, bacon and toast (18.5gm carbs)

D: Chicken thigh, cauliflower cheese and carrots(22.1gm carbs).

Chicken thigh, cauliflower cheese and carrots.jpg

Thursday is my cooking / baking day, business through Country Markets. I have made / baked......three varieties of cheese scones, tea loaves, date and walnut cakes, flapjacks, shortbreads, viennese fingers, victoria sponges, fish pies, cottage pies, two large quiche and a minced beef pie. Rewarded myself with a favourite lunch....... Warburton's thin, scrambled egg x 1, marmite and a cheese slice. I know the thins are a tad carby, but so much nicer than bread ,I find, and will have a carb light dinner. Taking ten minutes.......

Special day today, as I'm taking my friend for a special pre-operation meal at our favourite restaurant as a treat. Lots of carbs left today so I can treat myself.

1096 cals, 87.8gm carbs of which 25.8gm sugars

B: Ham on toast (18.5gm carbs)

L: Plum prawns with stir fry veggies (37.3gm carbs)

D: Chinese chicken and sweetcorn soup (14.2gm carbs)

Last edited:
Very pleasant today. Back door open and enjoying the sunshine. Did a lot of gardening over the weekend so very stiff this morning. Glad to get in the pool for an hour this morning to loosen up.

933 cals, 84.2gm carbs of which 55.1gm sugars and 2.2 of my 5 a day (figures not available for peas or cauliflower cheese)

B: Vanilla almond shake (9.1gm carbs)

L: HM Yellow vegetable soup (20.6gm carbs)

D: Gammon, cauliflower cheese, petit pois on an 8" dessert plate (17.4gm carbs).

S: Peppermint tea, latte (19.4gm carbs)

Breakfast2.JPGButterbean and sweetcorn chowder.JPGGammon on dessert plate.jpg

Back