Food ideas with photos

If I am going to have noodles which I admit is rare, I use konjac noodles which are pretty much zero carb and lots of fibre. You do have to rinse them really well to get rid of the preservative liquid they are in but they just take a couple of mins in the microwave. I sometimes use them as spaghetti with bolognaise sauce as well as noodles or you can also get konjac rice to have with chilli or curry.
That's the biggest problem with the Konjac products they don't smell to good and rinsing them can take forever to get rid of the smell and taste

That's the biggest problem with the Konjac products they don't smell to good and rinsing them can take forever to get rid of the smell and taste
You do have to be quite thorough with the rinsing 🙄 , but I find them perfectly acceptable and edible and so much lower carb than any other substitute. Probably even lower carb than spiralized courgette I believe!

You do have to be quite thorough with the rinsing 🙄 , but I find them perfectly acceptable and edible and so much lower carb than any other substitute. Probably even lower carb than spiralized courgette I believe!
Yes I've had both the rice and noodles but it's the time consuming rinsing that puts me off of buying again as for spiralized courgette no a fan of that at all tried it but not for me

Made chicken shawarma yesterday (well I made it on Sunday and left it to marinate). It was really tasty. This is the recipe I followed. As it's low carb, I allowed myself pitta to stuff it into. I highly recommend it!

I know I have a thread opened for this, but I still need to get all my test info together. Might as well post some food pics here in the interim period.

Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 19.56.19.png

What's on the menu tonight here in beautiful Barcelona?...BBQ swordfish with veggies followed by more naughty but nice churros and hot dark chocolate sauce...my tummy is going to be well fed tonight. 🙂

Last edited:
What about edamame bean spaghetti? I prefer it to konjak.
@Leadinglights @Billy Bob
The edamame stuff arrived from the shops and I was surprised by it. Only tried a little but it tasted pretty good with no bg impact.

I'm going to have a full portion at lunch to see what it's impact actually is.

Tho I do have to say I don't mind the konjac but I've only ever liked it when other people make it, when I've tried myself it's a bit awful. the main problem (whom ever makes it) is stomach issues it causes when eating a small portion of it.

Tonight I'm cooking for my fiencee,her sister and her sisters husband here in Barcalona and I've decided to make them a chicken and Chorizo risotto and a Dark chocolate Panna Cotta with orange sauce.I've already made these dishes for my fiencee and she loves them so I just hope her sister and husband enjoy them just as much🙂

Not posted for a while as I've been taken care of my poorly puss (instead of being in Sicily) then looking out for my friend after her operation. Now my car is off the road until Tuesday, so others are helping her!

1234 cals, 103.0gm carbs of which 58.2gm sugars and 4.5 of my 5 a day

B: Boiled eggs and soldiers (17.8gm carbs)

L: Yellow vegetable soup(20.6gm carbs)

D: Roast lamb, cauliflower cheese, petit pois, sweetcorn, carrots (27.1gm carbs).

S: Peppermint tea, cafe latte (19.3gm carbs)

Plus: Semi skimmed milk, cholesterol lowering drink and Fybogel (17.0gm carbs)

IMG_2546.jpegTonight’s dinner in the making flat bread with homemade bolognaise mine is the one with home grown mini tomatoes as I do not eat hot cheese the one with cheese is my wife Sue’s she had Parma cheese on the base covered with bolognaise and topped with mature cheddar the photos are before the oven and after also the one with the home grown peppers in are at the prep stage IMG_2544.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg

Back