Food ideas with photos

Hi all

Just wanted a place to share my daily intake in the form of photos with others and look forward to seeing other people’s too

Today for breakfast I had Greek yoghurt and strawberries for breakfast and for lunch I have just had vegan sausages with caramelised onions and roasted tomatoes brocolli and gravy. Fingers crossed at 2 my glucose level will be ok as I enjoyed this dish View attachment 21899View attachment 21900
I was having a brain fart the other day and thought why not have an app that calculates the carbs from your camera.

Finally got my stuck holiday payment back from my Bank (TUI crashed when I was making it, so the money went down a black hole). So now I have finally been able to make the due payment. Roll on January and Gran Canaria!

1497 cals, 78.1gm carbs of which 53.7gm sugars, 6.0 of my 5-a-day

B: Poached egg, grilled sausages and mushrooms, with toast (20.8gm carbs)

L: Ham with pickled beetroot and carrot salad (17.0gm carbs)

D: Chicken thigh, cauliflower cheese, broccoli, carrots(20.1gm carbs)

S: Peppermint tea

Plus: Semi skimmed milk, cholesterol lowering drink and Fybogel (17.0gm carbs)

So glad that you are back!!!!! Very hard to invade someone's else private life without getting concerned.
Todays breakfast, I was hungry for the first time for several days......three egg omelette with two dead mushrooms, one sad tomato, some grated cheese..look OK but halfway through.......I don't want any more. Into the food waste, I'll raid the fridge for salad bits tonight. I will keep going but getting fed up with 'food fixation '.

1116 cals, 61.5gm carbs of which 48.1gm sugars, 6.8 of my 5-a-day

B: Poached egg, grilled bacon, tomato and mushrooms (2.6gm carbs)

L: Ham salad (20.7gm carbs)

D: Roast beef, cauliflower cheese, sprouts, green vegetable medley (18.1gm carbs)

Busy day today. Aquafit this morning, osteopath this afternoon, and Chinese meal with friend this evening. I've planned tonight's menu.

942 cals, 70.6gm carbs of which 37.0gm sugars

B: Apple cinnamon shake (20.5gm carbs)

L: Vanilla almond shake (9.1gm carbs)

D: Cantonese chicken with stir fry veggies (23.3gm carbs)

E: Aquafit

Had to take my cat to the vet yesterday. She has the cat equivalent of IBD and gets nasty attacks every couple of months. She had anti nausea and pain killing injections yesterday and will have a follow up today. Still very much under the weather. I hate seeing her suffer, but at least the initial tests done in April ruled out cancer, diabetes, thyroid and kidney issues. It's a question of maintenance now with the odd intervention.

1336 cals, 68.4gm carbs of which 36.0gm sugars

B: Poached eggs, grilled bacon, toast (17.8gm carbs)

L: Ham salad (9.5gm carbs)

D: Steak and kidney stew, cauliflower cheese, peas, leeks (23.4gm carbs). It was a slice of steak and kidney pie made by the local butcher, but I remove the pastry and just have the filling. So the carbs are estimated.

It's been a traumatic week, taking my cat in to the vet every morning. She has pancreatitis and has been a day patient on a drip until yesterday. I'm pleased to say she's very much better apparently. I have her home for 48 hours now and take her back tomorrow afternoon, hopefully to be signed off. So I've grabbed what I can. I did finally manage to get my DVLA eye test while she was in.

1060 cals, 69.8gm carbs of which 40.3gm sugars and 3.8 of my 5 a day

B: Vanilla almond shake (9.1gm carbs)

L: Half a red pepper frittata and salad (19.4gm carbs)

D: Steak and kidney stew, cauliflower cheese, carrots, cabbage (23.7gm carbs).

One of my usual meals that I hadn't made in a while. Frozen mix veg with egg, soya sauce and sesame oil. This time I topped it with some salted peanuts and sesame seeds to feel like I was putting in a touch of effort :D
IMG_20240823_160324.jpg

Pleased to say the cat is completely recovered. I had a bit of a health scare but my GP surgery was superb. Requested appointment at 21.45 Thursday, had a call at 8.45 following morning, in at 11.15, and reassured immediately. I cannot praise my surgery too highly - I am so lucky with them. Yesterday I unjammed my boiler, and got talked through downloading my Boarding Passes and requested Special Assistance. I HATE the EasyJet website - nothing easy about finding anything!!

1322 cals, 63.8gm carbs of which 48.9gm sugars and 4.6 of my 5 a day

L: Corned beef salad (10.1gm carbs)

D: Chicken thigh, cauliflower cheese, carrots, cabbage (27.0gm carbs).

Cooler this morning - autumn seems to be in the air. So the trusty home made soup is out of the freezer! Slight error - it was a different soup to my original posting!!

1009 cals, 97.9gm carbs of which 44.4gm sugars and 3.5 of my 5 a day

B: Ham on toast (19.1gm carbs)

L: Tomato, red pepper, squash and sweet potato soup (17.3gm carbs)

D: Small jacket potato, gammon and pineapple, petit pois (44.6gm carbs).

Last edited:
Cooler this morning - autumn seems to be in the air. So the trusty home made soup is out of the freezer!

837 cals, 87.0gm carbs of which 45.2gm sugars and 3.8 of my 5 a day

L: Curried red pepper, squash and sweet potato soup (21.9gm carbs)

D: Small jacket potato, gammon, petit pois (39.1gm carbs).

Glad your cat is better. I lost my eldest cat in July. Harry was 16 and had cancer, bless him. Thanks for posting your meals they help me a lot

Glad your cat is better. I lost my eldest cat in July. Harry was 16 and had cancer, bless him. Thanks for posting your meals they help me a lot
Glad you find them useful.

715 cals, 67.6gm carbs of which 47.2gm sugars and 4.0 of my 5 a day

B: Vanilla almond shake(9.1gm carbs)

L: Tomato, red pepper, squash and sweet potato soup (17.3gm carbs)

D: Prawn and cottage cheese salad with baby potatoes (24.3gm carbs).

Today's salad, I generally find it easier to actually motivate myself to make up a salad at work than at home (we do have fridges). Red cos lettuce, yellow pepper, cucumber, baby plum tomatoes, Mary Berry light salad dressing, oak smoked ham, wensleydale cheese, "pickled" grilled pepper and some salad topper seeds that I can't remember which shop I found them in! They add a nice crunch texture and a bit of flavour too

20240829_133835.jpg

Back