Food ideas with photos

1295 cals, 73.5gm carbs of which 46.3gm sugars, 5.6 of my 5-a-day

B: Vanilla almond shake (9.1gm carbs)

L: Poached egg, grilled bacon, tomatoes, toast (13.0gm carbs)

D: Pork casserole, cauliflower cheese, broccoli, carrot and swede mash (34.4gm carbs)

S: Peppermint tea

Plus: Semi skimmed milk, cholesterol lowering drink and Fybogel (17.0gm carbs)

I was due to go to aquafit this morning but got a call yesterday evening to say Travellers have occupied the car park, so the entire Leisure Centre has closed. Police have been contacted and the required eviction paperwork has been sought. But in the meantime, hundreds of centre and users of the attached hall have been inconvenienced and staff unable to work (apart from a thorough cleaning and cancelling all the classes for the next 4 days). Second time this has happened recently.

1065 cals, 71.2gm carbs of which 36.0gm sugars, 1.9 of my 5-a-day (but the app didn't count the carrots, swede and cauliflower)

B: Apple cinnamon almond shake (20.5gm carbs)

L: Vanilla almond shake (9.1gm carbs)

D: Sausage casserole, cauliflower cheese, broccoli, carrot and swede mash (24.5gm carbs)

Sausage casserole meal.jpg

Last edited:
There should be designated areas in all towns and cities, but fines if they don't clean up after themselves.

There should be designated areas in all towns and cities, but fines if they don't clean up after themselves.
I agree, but it's so frustrating, particularly in the school holidays when lots of children use the two pools.

Didn't feel like eating yesterday in the heat, so yesterday's prepared dinner becomes today's!

1242 cals, 77.6gm carbs of which 36.3gm sugars, 4.7 of my 5-a-day

B: Weekend grill of egg, bacon, mushrooms, tomato, toast (13.0gm carbs)

L: Chicken sweetcorn soup (21.7gm carbs)

D: Sausage casserole, cauliflower cheese, broccoli, carrot and swede mash (25.9gm carbs)

This heat, I know it's nice but plays absolute havoc with appetite. Other half BBQs but one looks at it and I think no!!!!!!!!!. Lots of water, salads with A BIT of protein and that's about it. Yog and strawberries at lunchtime........might have some wine tonight, at least Im not eating crisps........

Cooler yesterday and today, so feel more like eating. The home made cottage pie is surprisingly high in carbs, but tasty.

1316 cals, 100.8gm carbs of which 38.9gm sugars, 3.5 of my 5-a-day (app didn't count the spinach)

B: Vanilla almond shake (9.1gm carbs)

L: Nduja potato salad, chicken drumsticks (23.7gm carbs)

D: HM cottage pie, creamed spinach, carrots, green beans (51.2gm carbs)

Something a bit different today.

1225 cals, 74.4gm carbs of which 35.1gm sugars, 1.9 of my 5-a-day (app didn't count the spinach, broccoli, peas or leeks, nor the veggies in the frittata)

B: Boiled egg and soldiers (17.9gm carbs)

L: Frittata with red pepper, spinach and cheese, tinned tomato (17.8gm carbs)

D: Mango and lime chicken, creamed spinach, broccoli cheese, petit pois, leeks(21.7gm carbs)

Anyone who has followed my posts will have realised my foods are very much the same each day. But they are what I enjoy and are sustainable for me. Back to the pool today as the Travellers have been evicted and the centre reopened.

1262 cals, 98.6gm carbs of which 44.4gm sugars, 3.2 of my 5-a-day (app didn't count the spinach, broccoli, peas or leeks, nor the veggies in the frittata)

B: Vanilla almond shake(9.1gm carbs)

D: HM Cottage pie, creamed spinach, broccoli cheese, petit pois, leeks(54.8gm carbs)

E: Aquafit

Anyone who has followed my posts will have realised my foods are very much the same each day. But they are what I enjoy and are sustainable for me. Back to the pool today as the Travellers have been evicted and the centre reopened.

1262 cals, 98.6gm carbs of which 44.4gm sugars, 3.2 of my 5-a-day (app didn't count the spinach, broccoli, peas or leeks, nor the veggies in the frittata)

B: Vanilla almond shake(9.1gm carbs)

D: HM Cottage pie, creamed spinach, broccoli cheese, petit pois, leeks(54.8gm carbs)

E: Aquafit

I also eat the same food ALL the time. Like you, I enjoy them and they don't play havoc with mt BG. The list is mackeral, poached salmon, veggie 'meat'balls, steamed veg, eggs, avocado .

Same here, i tend to eat the same sorts of stuff but with variations. Each week i make a batch of soup which provides me both something for lunch each day and maybe something to go in the freezer as stock. The soup is different each week and entirely of my own creation. Some are better than others, some are interesting (like the parsnip soup last week which gained the half a lemon left in the fridge from something) but nothing is inedible.

This morning it was chicken and mushroom...and here are the ingredients ready to go n the pot...

1722941852674.jpeg

Mushrooms - dry fried to lose their moisture and increase the flavour. Big pack of "wonky" mushrooms from ALDI with a few set to one side for the frittata this evening.
A couple of drumsticks cooked in the air frier attachment for my pressure cooker. Did three drumsticks... the meat of the third also heading for the frittata.
Chopped onion, celery and carrot. Did that by hand, i have a couple of sharp knives and it is less messy than using an electric chopping machine. Standard base for anything which needs a stock of some sort. By the way, that's what you can do with the celery that somebody was asking about.
Put it all in the pressure cooker (after removing bones from drumsticks), with a couple of litres of water and pressure cook for about 8 mins. Taste and season.
Whizz it up and soup for a week.

Remember the vile ALDI fat free yoghourt I was wittering about? The half a pot of it I had left went in it to finish it and it had added to the flavour rather than detracting from it.

Usual message for any reluctant cooks...have a go and see what you can come up with.

Last edited:
Just back from hairdresser, hungry. Finished the olives and feta, end of the coleslaw with extra mayo, leftover green beans from last night, finished the baby toms and two big spoonfuls of cottage cheese for more protein. Also huge glass of water. Plateful was a bit of a hot pitch, but good

Just back from work, starving. Ate the following, hard boiled egg, cupa soup, 1/2 avocado, tablespoon of peanut butter, teaspoonful of marmite and hoummas. Sounds a lot, but it just does the job when I am home. At work it is much easier. No fridge!!!

Tried the hard boiled eggs in air fryer today. Gave four eggs 8 mins @ 160' and straight into iced water. Soft yolk, apart front the one that popped. Might have been the shell as I buy mine by the tray for baking and they are seconds so sometimes they have thins shells. I'm not convinced after I had to clean out the air fryer, but each to his own.

Tried the hard boiled eggs in air fryer today. Gave four eggs 8 mins @ 160' and straight into iced water. Soft yolk, apart front the one that popped. Might have been the shell as I buy mine by the tray for baking and they are seconds so sometimes they have thins shells. I'm not convinced after I had to clean out the air fryer, but each to his own.
If you make a small hole with a skewer in the air sac end of the egg that stops it cracking if boiling in a pan and would probably work in the airfryer.
I remember leaving eggs to boil on the cooker and forgot all about them and went out, the pan boiled completely dry and the eggs had exploded all over the kitchen. I was not popular.

Think we have all done that!!!! I think it depends on what one is doing and how long one is spending in the kitchen. I'm not convinced.

Made myself a salad after coming back from town. I never did get the hang of making a slimming salad ... looks like I never will - whoops! (Luckily these days I use Helmans light mayo and 50% fat cheese)
Lettuce, tomato, baby cucumber, peppers, sliced gherkin, chicken, cheese, mayo, and some home made potato salad (the potato salad was approx 13g carb per 100g). My excuse is I was hungry :D
chicken salad.jpg

Last edited:
You don't need an excuse to eat that lovely salad. Must find the big jar of gherkins in the cupboard, yum

Been a while since I posted
Tonight’s dinner a large thick sirloin steak topped with half a tomato a little garlic bread , shiitake mushrooms, asparagus tips,yellow sweet peppers, spring onions, green peppers all in a double cream garlic and chive sauce

Attachments

• IMG_2232.jpeg
    IMG_2232.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 6
Been a while since I posted
Tonight’s dinner a large thick sirloin steak topped with half a tomato a little garlic bread , shiitake mushrooms, asparagus tips,yellow sweet peppers, spring onions, green peppers all in a double cream garlic and chive sauce
Looks and sounds delicious. Lovely to hear from you again and hope you and your good lady are both keeping well and her digestive issues have become more stable.

Back