Food ideas with photos

Internet down 10 hours yesterday so got a lot of exercise wriggling under the desk, behind the TV etc. Just about to give up and phone BT when it came back on! Duh!!

927cals, 76.7gm carbs of which 35.8gm sugars

B: Chocolate slim shake
L: Seafood salad
D: Sun dried tomato chicken breast, new potatoes, cabbage, carrots, broccoli
E: Aquafit

1306cals, 78.0gm carbs of which 40.2gm sugars

B: Poached egg, bacon and tomatoes
L: Ham salad
D: Sun dried tomato chicken breast, new potatoes, cabbage, carrots, broccoli

Morning. It looks lovely there - lucky you! Here it's also lovely but the house is shut up as the builders are coming to remove the scaffolding at last!

1467 cals, 110.7gm carbs of which 59.4gm sugars

B: Poached egg, bacon, tomatoes
L: Vietnamese prawn crystal rolls with mango chutney
D: Chicken thigh, Jersey royals, cabbage, carrots, peas, cranberry gravy.

1023 cals, 99.4gm carbs of which 30.6gm sugars

L: Boiled egg and soldiers
D: Chicken salsa breast, Jersey royals, cabbage, carrots, peas, cranberry gravy.

Met up with my cousin for lunch today at the garden cente. Still lucky with the weather, so we sat outside on the terrace, with distant views of Dartmoor. I was good and didn't have the lemon mousse pie with ginger base!! My cousin did!!!

1577 cals, 140.1gm carbs of which 27.8gm sugars

B: Boiled egg and soldiers
L: Mini crab cakes with salad dressing and coleslaw
D: Chicken Alexander with small baked potato.

1577 cals, 140.1gm carbs of which 27.8gm sugars

L: Mini crab cakes with salad dressing and coleslaw
D: Chicken Alexander with small baked potato.
I think I'm going to join you for a week in doing this as my BS is acting oddly well that or my BGM is wonky.

Anyway, how do you get your nutrition figures? Yesterday as part of a salad lunch I had half a shaved fennel bulb. How would I find the figures for that?
Thanks

I think I'm going to join you for a week in doing this as my BS is acting oddly well that or my BGM is wonky.

Anyway, how do you get your nutrition figures? Yesterday as part of a salad lunch I had half a shaved fennel bulb. How would I find the figures for that?
Thanks
I get my nutrition figures from my NutraCheck app. It tells me that 100gm raw fennel is 12 cals and 1.8gm carbs. So I would put a clear bowl on my digital scales, set to zero, add my fennel to record the weight, then enter the actual weight into my app. It only takes a matter of seconds. I no longer weigh my above ground veggies, because I have learned their portion sizes. The app will offer different choices as well, for example a small tomato, a medium tomato, per slice, 50gm, 75gm 100gm and always by weight.

Rain at last during the night!

1280 cals, 93.0gm carbs of which 33.5gm sugars

L: Poached egg, bacon, button mushrooms, tomato
D: Fish pie, peas, sweetcorn, carrots, broccoli

Morning all. We are going out for Fathers Day Sunday lunch. Roast beef with all the trimmings. So nothing else planned for today except water and peppermint tea!!!

1431 cals, 124.0gm carbs of which 35.2gm sugars

B: Benecol mini drink
L: Roast beef with all the trimmings
D: Peppermint tea

I am the rainmaker of Devon. Just as I finished watering the gardens, the rain started yesterday evening, having threatened all day and nothing happened! Diabetic review at GP this morning, and plumber coming this afternoon, so busy day.

1290 cals, 65.0gm carbs of which 39.2gm sugars

L: Grilled sausage, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes
D: Roast pork, new potatoes, carrots, cabbage, apple gravy.

Yesterday was a washout as both the doctor and plumber cancelled appointments. Hope I have better luck with aquafit and the osteopath today!!

1027 cals, 61.7gm carbs of which 34.8gm sugars

L: Egg, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes
D: Roast beef, new potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, peas, gravy.

Feeling much fresher now after 2 nights and a day of rain. No need to lug the watering can in and out yesterday!

1428 cals, 101.3gm carbs of which 39.6gm sugars

L: Corned beef salad
D: Chicken Kyiv, new potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, peas
S: Strawberries

1525 cals, 89.4gm carbs of which 46.1gm sugars

B: Poached egg, grilled bacon, mushrooms, tomato
L: Chicken salad
D: Roast pork, small baked potato, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, peas
S: Strawberries

Out last night with family and nearly forgot to take a pic. I always take a pic of my food, it's so interesting. It was Portugese but seemed Greek to me. Lamb Kleftico with potatoes and other stuff I didn't know what to do with. 🙂

IMG_20230622_193602 Chorlton OffTheGrid Lamb Kleftico.jpg

Out last night with family and nearly forgot to take a pic. I always take a pic of my food, it's so interesting. It was Portugese but seemed Greek to me. Lamb Kleftico with potatoes and other stuff I didn't know what to do with. 🙂

View attachment 26402
Definitely looks Greek, Greek salad with Feta and probably the obligatory 3 olives.

Definitely a gardening morning

1168 cals, 93.0gm carbs of which 31.1gm sugars

B: Poached egg on toast
L: Grilled sausage, mushrooms, tomato
D: Lemon sole, new potatoes, HM ratatouille

Wow loving all the photos. I have a few saved on my phone that I had recently as add them to my app.
well done . your results are awesome .

My first attempt in my new £30 airfryer, mixture of tuna and salmon marinated in basil, lemon, balsamic vinegar. A success, had with salad and a bit of homemade potato salad.
Next, tonight Chicken, aubergine and squash.

925 cals, 69.7gm carbs of which 32.3gm sugars

L: Poached egg, grilled bacon, mushrooms, tomato
D: Lemon sole, new potatoes, HM ratatouille

1547 cals, 124.6gm carbs of which 34.6gm sugars

L: Quiche and spoon of baked beans
D: Chicken breast, new potatoes, HM ratatouille

Back