Food ideas with photos

Picking up my hanging baskets this morning, then off to the osteopath this afternoon

1166cals, 88.9gm carbs of which 37.3gm sugars

B: Poached egg, grilled bacon, mushrooms and tomato
L: Ham and tomato sandwich
D: Roast pork, new potatoes, cabbage, peas, carrots, broccoli, apple gravy

Gardening day has finally arrived, so Chris and I will spend the afternoon finishing off all the outstanding jobs. So that's my exercise for the day!!

1006cals, 82.0gm carbs of which 41.2gm sugars

B: Vanilla almond shake
L: Hawiian toast
D: Roast pork, new potatoes, cabbage, peas, carrots, broccoli, apple gravy
E: Gardening

Spent yesterday afternoon gardening and today should see the end. Then I will enjoy next week relaxing.

1396cals, 105.2gm carbs of which 47.3gm sugars

B: Hawaiian toast
L: Spinach omelette with roasted tomatoes
D: Braised beef, mash, peas, leeks
S: Exotic Solero

Last edited:
Don't mention Soleros, agh I could eat three no probs! 🙄 The purple one especially...

I am at sisters birthday tomorrow so there'll be cake, must remember to take foil and bring mine back for my brother. I'm not bothered about cake but don't want to be churlish and refuse. I'll quietly bung it in my bag. Bro won't mind a bit of squashed. 🙂

We tend towards a lot of beige food! Far too many carbs no doubt in this lot the other day. Steamed potatoes, mashed swede and fishcakes. Good grief. I was doing well on salad and then just couldn't face any more. Please excuse tatty background, the housing association disabled my perfectly good gas fire, whipped it out after letting me choose a lovely new fire and surround from a booklet, then reneged. They said I can do what I like with the hole but to let them know. :rofl: I tell you what I'm gonna do, I'm moving the sofa. :rofl:

Attachments

• IMG_20230524_134010.jpg
    IMG_20230524_134010.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 8
Made a big pan of chilli tonight and had a portion of that with microwaved broccoli and some cheese coleslaw. No photo I'm afraid but it was really tasty. I diced an aubergine that needed using up and threw that in with the chilli ingredients and it worked really well at bulking it up without adding much in the way of carbs. Washed it down with a glass of red wine that was opened to add a good splash to the chilli.... I will probably regret that later but I enjoyed it and I needed something to take the edge off me, as I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the jobs that need doing.

Aquafit and then relaxing in the garden.

986cals, 72.5gm carbs of which 40.6gm sugars

L: Ham and egg salad
D: Roast pork, ruby gems, broccoli, peas, sweetcorn, carrots, apple gravy
E: Aquafit

Housework day today as it's overcast with spots of rain

925cals, 54.2gm carbs of which 26.3gm sugars

L: Cheese and mushroom omelette
D: Ham, ruby gems, broccoli, peas, sweetcorn, carrots
E: Housework

Managed to get a photo of my chilli and broccoli before I dug into it this time. I had a very small portion of diced and sauteed sweet potato with it this time. Probably just about 10g carbs in the sweet potato and another 20ish g carbs in the rest of it. The creamy stuff is cheese coleslaw and grated parmesan . It looks like only a tiny portion of chilli but the bowl is full of it underneath the veggies.
IMG_20230529_191112070~2.jpg

848cals, 68.8gm carbs of which 32.2gm sugars

L: Boiled egg and soldiers
D: Roast beef, Jersey Royals, carrots, green beans, cauliflower, gravy

1184cals, 85.2gm carbs of which 46.5gm sugars

L: Corned beef and salad
D: Roast lamb, Jersey Royals, carrots, green beans, cauliflower, mint gravy

1467cals, 76.9gm carbs of which 41.4gm sugars

B: Poached egg, grilled bacon, tbsp of low salt and sugar baked beans
D: Gammon steak and pineapple, Jersey Royals, green vegetable medley, cauliflower, gravy

Drat - Aquafit cancelled!

1300cals, 88.4gm carbs of which 42.3gm sugars

B: Boiled egg and soldiers
D: Chicken and leek supreme, potato buttons (little cubes of potato, baked), peas, cabbage, cauliflower

Last edited:
915cals, 80.9gm carbs of which 40.3gm sugars

B: Chocolate slim shake
L: Ham salad
D:Liver and bacon, mash, peas, cabbage, broccoli

Today is my 2nd treat meal with a friend of 50+ years. So careful planning today. But it shows you can eat out and stay within your carb limit

1252cals, 75.3gm carbs of which 36.6gm sugars

L: Poached egg, spoon of baked beans
D: Tandoori chicken, salad, mushroom bhaji

Power going to be out in the village this morning, so off to aquafit

1162cals, 72.8gm carbs of which 32.3gm sugars

L: Poached egg, grilled bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes
D: Lamb hotpot, mixed green vegetables

The gardener is coming today to finish off the jet washing/weeding (I have exemption from the hosepipe ban). I still water my plants with the can though. And finally work on the roof next door is coming to an end. I've had to keep the cat in all week, and the noise has terrified her. Lots of cuddles and treats to reassure her.

1380cals, 81.1gm carbs of which 30.7gm sugars

L: Chicken salad
D: Fish pie, carrots, peas, cabbage

Having a lovely relaxing massage today.

1002cals, 89.6gm carbs of which 37.5gm sugars

D: Small chicken pizza.

The gardener is coming today to finish off the jet washing/weeding (I have exemption from the hosepipe ban). I still water my plants with the can though. And finally work on the roof next door is coming to an end. I've had to keep the cat in all week, and the noise has terrified her. Lots of cuddles and treats to reassure her.

1380cals, 81.1gm carbs of which 30.7gm sugars

L: Chicken salad
D: Fish pie, carrots, peas, cabbage
We had someone jet washing the paving a few years ago, what a mess, it was all over the fence, the walls, the plants, the windows, NEVER again.
Hope yours is more successful and looks pristine.

We had someone jet washing the paving a few years ago, what a mess, it was all over the fence, the walls, the plants, the windows, NEVER again.
Hope yours is more successful and looks pristine.
When I tried to jet wash I had the same result. It took ages and I was also covered. But my gardener has a very high powered washer which he uses very close - it's like painting the slabs - and there's no mess at all. Two hours and both back and front done, with no damage to anything except my wallet!!

DSCN0020.JPG

Hopefully spending the afternoon with my friend in her garden.

1079cals, 84.9gm carbs of which 42.4gm sugars

D: Roast pork, Jersey Royals, cabbage, broccoli, carrots, apple gravy.

Back