Food ideas with photos

Another day of small meals as I continue to improve. Surprisingly high in carbs

636cals, 79.6gm carbs of which 38.6gm sugars

B: Half a pot of overnight oats
L: HM Minestrone soup
D: Thrive vegetable lasagne

Happy May Day, I'm going out for dinner to a nice pub so I must remember to take a photo. 🙂 I'll be back...

IMG_4559.jpeg

A shakshouka. Onions, peppers, garlic, with tomatoes mixed with chilli, paprika, salt and cumin. Fried in olive oil and then eggs poached in it.

IMG_4560.jpeg

With some low carb bread…

That bread looks amazing!

(ETA the shakshouka looks nice too but I love seeded bread)

The bread is from 'low carb londoner' and is made from Quark, Almond flour, eggs and chia seeds (You can put other seeds in.) It's quite nice, but very filling! The Quark gives a bit of moistness. Oh, it has some psyllium husk in it as well.

Foodwise I think I'm eating small portions of normal food now, although still taking the eye medication, and feeling totally washed out.

753cals, 89.3gm carbs of which 33.5gm sugars

B: Boiled egg and soldiers
D: Half portion of char sui pork with couple of spoons of coconut rice

Pics Ditto 😛
It was a disaster. Forgot to take a pic of mine as I was thrown at my wrong choices. I was rushed due to someone else not feeling good and ended up with a starter and a main both including that horrible bbq sauce stuff. The main was slathered in it. Nasty yucky stuff, my bg went up to 11.9 :( self inflicted, nobody was stood over me with a hammer. 🙄 Then I had a pud, cherry lattice pie with custard. I can't stop pigging out, I'm doomed. I could easily have ordered the rump steak salad. I'm at a low ebb this morning and a bluebottle has been buzzing me since 10 last night and the cats are driving me insane. I can't get a handle on my car crash of a life.

1191cals, 100.3gm carbs of which 56.4gm sugars

B: Grilled bacon, sausage, tomato
D: Stir fry chicken and vegetables with couple of spoons of coconut rice

It was a disaster. Forgot to take a pic of mine as I was thrown at my wrong choices. I was rushed due to someone else not feeling good and ended up with a starter and a main both including that horrible bbq sauce stuff. The main was slathered in it. Nasty yucky stuff, my bg went up to 11.9 :( self inflicted, nobody was stood over me with a hammer. 🙄 Then I had a pud, cherry lattice pie with custard. I can't stop pigging out, I'm doomed. I could easily have ordered the rump steak salad. I'm at a low ebb this morning and a bluebottle has been buzzing me since 10 last night and the cats are driving me insane. I can't get a handle on my car crash of a life.

Ah @Ditto!!

Try not to be too hard on yourself! Sorry it felt like a disaster :(

Eating out like that isn’t something you’ll do all that often, and sometimes it’s good for the soul to have a little of what you fancy - and for some people knowing that can happen occasionally can m to stay on the wagon for the rest of the time.

Hope the 11.9 came down gradually, and didn‘t make you feel too grim, and that the bluebottle and cats are being kind to you.

Chin up chuck, we are rooting for you ((((hugs))))

It is hard eating out as most menu's are not aimed at diabetics but if it's only on the odd occasion so what, I treated myself to a caramel chocolate shortbread from the farm bakers on Saturday I bet there was off the scales sugar content but it was delicious and I'm still alive :rofl::rofl::rofl: And I forgot I also bought a massive pork pie which was topped with branston pickle in a lattice top and sandwiched in the the pork was a massive lump of red Leicester £9 but worth it 😉

Last edited:
It is hard eating out as most menu's are not aimed at diabetics but if it's only on the odd occasion so what, I treated myself to a caramel chocolate shortbread from the farm bakers on Saturday I bet there was off the scales sugar content but it was delicious and I'm still alive :rofl::rofl::rofl: And I forgot I also bought a massive pork pie which was topped with branston pickle in a lattice top and sandwiched in the the pork was a massive lump of red Leicester £9 but worth it 😉
Completely understand that.
I can never walk past a decent pie.

Yeah but, we might be feeling okay now but further down the line might be another story. I dream about Melton Mowbray. Good grief. Ate out again yesterday. Totally no excuse. We go in there with a 'let's pig out' attitude. My family are crazier than a box of frogs and I'm head frog. Ribbit.

Typical Friday night fayre. My son-in-law makes the best curry and fries ever in the whole history of the world, really. How can I resist? Wonder how many carbs in that lot?

IMG_20230420_224721 M32 8GP my fave food bar none Bob made signature curry rice and fries.jpg

Back to normal now. Just got recalled for diabetic review, less than a month after the last one. Pointed out my notes said next review end of June!! But I'm so lucky with my super efficient GP service, which is much more than most diabetics get.

731cals, 82.5gm carbs of which 55.4gm sugars

B: Raspberry organic yogurt with dark cherries

L: Boiled egg and soldiers

D: Roast pork, baby potatoes, carrots, broccoli, green beans, apple gravy

1126cals, 98.0gm carbs of which 50.5gm sugars

B: Peach organic yogurt with dark cherries
L: Poached egg, bacon, small slice wholemeal bread
D: Roast pork, baby potatoes, carrots, broccoli, green beans, apple gravy

1413cals, 82.4gm carbs of which 28.7gm sugars

B: Vanilla and almond shake
L: Poached egg, bacon, hash brown
D: Roast beef, baby potatoes, carrots, cabbage, peas, gravy

1036cals, 90.0gm carbs of which 34.6gm sugars

B: Boiled egg and soldiers
L: Open tuna and sweetcorn sandwich
D: Roast beef, baby potatoes, carrots, cabbage, peas, broccoli, gravy

1170cals, 62.4gm carbs of which 34.6gm sugars

B: Vanilla almond shake
L: Bacon and scrambled egg
D: Roast pork, baby potatoes, leeks, peas, cauliflower, apple gravy

First day back in the pool for 4 weeks, now fully recovered from eye infection and COVID

1228cals, 121.9gm carbs of which 42.5gm sugars

B: Vanilla almond shake
L: Prawn mayo sandwich
D: Liver and bacon, mash, cauliflower, peas, leeks
E: Aquafit

Garden centre this morning and back treatment this afternoon - at least it's the right way round! I'm keeping my carbs low today but having a few treats!

1289cals, 63.3gm carbs of which 17.8gm sugars

Brunch: Grilled sausage, bacon, mushrooms
Dinner: Ham, egg and a few oven chips!
Exercise: Gardening

Back