Food ideas with photos

No cal and carb values today, as we are going out for Sunday lunch. I haven't had a proper one since last year, so intend to enjoy this one. I'll make sensible choices - no Yorkshire, but I will have a roastie, and lots of veggies.

B: Vanilla and almond Exante
L: Roast dinner
D: None!

1167cals, 74.8gm carbs of which 53.7gm sugars

B: Exante Latte
L: Grilled sausage, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes
D: Roast chicken, gratin summat else, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, peas
E: Aquafit

Last edited:
1660cals, 82.8gm carbs of which 40.1gm sugars

B: Grilled sausage, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes
L: Kipper
D: Teriyaki chicken and vegetable stir fry, with a little rice

Last edited:
After talking about paella in another post..
A starter of sea bass tacos for me, and chicken wings for my partner.
Then a meat, fish and shell-less seafood paella with cava.
The third picture was taken after two decent sized portions had been served.
We were there for a while :rofl:

IMG-20230416-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20230418-WA0005~2.jpgIMG-20230418-WA0008~2.jpg

1220cals, 88.4gm carbs of which 46.1gm sugars

L: Poached egg, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes
D: Fish pie, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, peas

Octopus, rocket salad, baked potato and cherry tomatoes.

IMG-20230419-WA0004.jpg

And this morning, a McDonald's.

IMG-20230419-WA0000.jpg

1558cals, 116.5gm carbs of which 48.6gm sugars

L: Prawn salad
D: Chicken spinach and leek hotpot, broccoli, cabbage, peas
E: Aquafit

902cals, 76.5gm carbs of which 46.1gm sugars

L: Pea and ham soup
D: Chicken Kyiv, cabbage, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots

I haven't cooked in days, and today I had the time, a little motivation and some ingredients that needed using up. So I cooked 3 meals, 2 or 3 portions each. They are all vegetarian and not very carby, though tomorrow I'll probably have the broccoli and tofu with pasta. IMG_20230421_131405.jpg
We have:

+Broccoli, tofu and cherry tomatoes cooked in olive oil with garlic and dried herbs.

+Crustless "quiche" thingy that's just a mixture of eggs and milk plus some cheese and whatever bits I fancy or need to use, this time feta and frozen peas. The rare occasions I buy milk, I have a few milky teas or coffees and usually end up making one of these, otherwise half the bottle goes bad. And I'm talking the tiny 1 pint milk bottles!

+Chickpeas cooked with onion, carrot, tomato, tomato puree, cumin and paprika. I got the cooked chickpeas in a glass jar from Lidl in the Spanish week, they might not look very interesting among the other products but I find the taste and texture are better than regular chickpeas in a can from any supermarket. At least, more similar to the ones I ate back at home.

1184cals, 77.4gm carbs of which 43.9gm sugars

D: Chicken Kyiv, cabbage, broccoli, carrots, new potatoes

1418cals, 107.8gm carbs of which 47.69gm sugars

D: Steak and kidney pie, cabbage, broccoli, carrots, new potatoes

Chicken jalfrezi 947 calories IMG_20230425_125842_5.jpg

Probay not as healthy as it could be, but we are out for the day, so it'll be better this evening :rofl:

Not been on for a few days as struck down by a bacterial infection. Temperature shot up to 38.1 and my eyes became very swollen. I look like an alien from outer space! All I wanted to do was drink water and sleep. GP was very good and put up drops for me which I collected even though I didn't feel like driving. Two further phone calls from him after he saw the photo to check my BP and monitor my progress. Excellent service - I am so lucky with my GP practise.
Today the temperature has fallen almost back to normal, but I'm told it will take a couple of weeks for the swelling to go down. I finally managed to drink some weak decaf and had an Oatibix as I was beginning to feel weak and wobbly. So no more posts until I am back to normal. Just hope this hasn't shot my blood glucose to pieces. Last time I had an infection like this I shot up to 88mmol/mol and it's taken time to get back to 53mmol/mol.
Time for more drops and my daily medication, which at least should stay down!!

Get well soon @Felinia ... Sorry you're crook, miss your photographs.

My eyes are a lot better, but I think I also have flu - it's not COVID as I tested. I still don't fancy food but am making an effort to have something, plus a slim shake. Still very queasy and sleepy.

Finally feel more human. Eye swelling is going down and flu like symptoms subsiding. Managed a small meal last night (2 tbsp HM ratatouille with 2 slices chicken). Not a big meal planned today, but 3 little ones.

804cals, 68.3gm carbs of which 41.3gm sugars

L: Boiled egg and soldiers
D: HM Minestrone soup

IMG-20230429-WA0014.jpg
Samsung Health is refusing to let me log in so can't calculate the calories & carbs very easily (apart from approx 10g carbs in the "water" from juice) but this should be fairly low carb. Pesto Parmesan Aubergine with three cheese coleslaw. The pesto topping has a little lactose free cream cheese in to use it up as well

Still feel very washed out but eye much better. Have a Waitrose delivery and ordered small healthy ready meals. Can't be bothered to cook properly - just using the microwave. May have prawns and veggies wrapped in a rice paper tonight.

B: Poached egg and baked beans
L: Vietnamese prawn crystal rolls with dip
D: Not sure

Last edited:
Right, here is what I have picked for dinner. To put it in perspective, it's on an 8" side plate, so not nearly as large a portion as it looks..
201 cals
Carbs 25.3gm
Sugars 2.6gm
Fat 3.9gm
Sat fat 0.7gm
Fibre 5.5gm
Protein 35.5gm
Salt 0.7gm

Thrive chicken dinner.jpg

Back