Food ideas with photos

Off the road for at least a week while the garage gets and fits a new clutch! Thank goodness I downloaded the AA app only this past Monday. Spooky or what? 7 appointments cancelled!

1284 cals, 110.5gm carbs of which 43.4gm sugars

B: Poached egg, sausage, beans
L: Vietnamese prawn and vegetable rolls
D: Cumberland pie, leeks, peas

Still sticking to the soft food, but my mouth is healing nicely, just gums a bit sore still. Higher daily carbs than I'd like but that's what you get with my choice of soft squashy food.

963 cals, 100.5gm carbs of which 47.3gm sugars

B: Chocolate almond shake
L: HM Squash and red pepper curried soup
D: Spinach Spanish omelette, baked beans

Breakfast2.JPGCurried squash and red pepper soup.JPG

Still sticking to the soft squashy food.

1102 cals, 122.5gm carbs of which 48.8gm sugars

B: Poached eggs, crustless bread
D: Fish pie, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower

Fish pie.jpg

Last edited:
1092 cals, 123.0gm carbs of which 54.7gm sugars

B: Poached eggs, baked beans
D: Shepherds pie, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower

B Yoghurt
L cheese salad with Pitta
D Kung Po chicken and egg cauliflower Carrot and spring onion Fried rice.
1688839344398-png.26570

1105 cals, 100.1gm carbs of which 52.1gm sugars

B: Poached eggs on toast
L: Pea and ham soup
D: Teriyaki chicken, new potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower
S: Strawberries

1301 cals, 103.7gm carbs of which 45.9gm sugars

B: Poached eggs on toast
L: Prawn and cottage cheese salad
D: Teriyaki chicken, hash browns, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower

Attachments

• Prawn and cottage cheese salad.JPG
    Prawn and cottage cheese salad.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Teriyaki chicken.jpg
    Teriyaki chicken.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
1353 cals, 112.1gm carbs of which 45.5gm sugars

B: Egg, grilled bacon, mushrooms
L: Prawn and cottage cheese salad
D: Teriyaki chicken, small portion rice, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower
Prawn and cottage cheese salad.JPGTeriyaki chicken.jpg

Last edited:
957 cals, 94.2gm carbs of which 42.2gm sugars

B: Chocolate and almond slim shake
L: Ham salad
D: Shepherds pie, broccoli, cauliflower

Pesto salmon was yummyIMG_0208.jpeg

Update on my car - 10 days in garage and job not started yet. Priority given to workers, which is understandable in our remote location, but at least I can order food online. But 7 appointments cancelled or postponed so far, all medically related - back, diabetes, glaucoma, dentist - plus aquafit.

1154 cals, 92.4gm carbs of which 42.6gm sugars

B: Chocolate and almond slim shake
L: Cheese and mushroom omelette and salad
D: Cottage pie, broccoli, cabbage, peas

I'm taking my laptop to my sisters on Sunday so I can show her how y'all eat healthy but delicious. I can't really get my head around it. I feel like you're all going off the rails having all that nice stuff but you're not. 🙂

Where have the smileys gone?

This has been a rotten year for home and car. Yesterday I had to call out the Window Doctor when a window jammed half open, and it was bucketing down!. Further update on my car - at least another 10 days in garage if I'm lucky! I now have to postpone again appointments I've already postponed.

1158 cals, 88.9gm carbs of which 37.7gm sugars

B: Grilled bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes
L: Vietnamese prawn crystal rolls
D: Chicken Kyiv, baby new potatoes, broccoli, peas, cabbage, carrots

Chicken Kyiv.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all

Just wanted a place to share my daily intake in the form of photos with others and look forward to seeing other people’s too

Today for breakfast I had Greek yoghurt and strawberries for breakfast and for lunch I have just had vegan sausages with caramelised onions and roasted tomatoes brocolli and gravy. Fingers crossed at 2 my glucose level will be ok as I enjoyed this dish View attachment 21899View attachment 21900
Wow I had the yogurt this am. Still in shock as I was notified by text at 1700. Thursday to say positive. Is a veggie diet ok for diabetes- what about protein?
Trev

Wow I had the yogurt this am. Still in shock as I was notified by text at 1700. Thursday to say positive. Is a veggie diet ok for diabetes- what about protein?
Trev
Veggies are fine, as is protein. The best veggies for a Type 2 are those grown above ground, such as cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, squash. Peas and broad beans not so good as they have more carbohydrates, as do veggies grown below ground. Depends what you can get though when on your sailing trip. Unprocessed protein is really good and can be used to bulk out meals with reduced carbs. So plenty of grilled or baked fish and chicken, not breaded or battered. But you are only just in the diabetic zone, so should be able to reduce your glucose levels just by cutting out the sweets and tweaking your diet.

1152 cals, 100.3gm carbs of which 44.9gm sugars

B: Grilled sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes
L: Spinach omelette and salad
D: Liver and bacon, baby new potatoes, broccoli, peas, cabbage, carrots

I couldn't post a picture if I wanted to, the 'icons' over the top of this reply are faded, what's going on? I was gonna come clean and everything, honest. 🙂 I miss the smileys, only have this one smiley with a : and a ) good grief.

@Ditto - If you look over to the right on the line at the top of the reply window, you should see a "[ ]" icon. Click on this and see if your other icons come to life! That works on my system.

963 cals, 84.8gm carbs of which 30.9gm sugars

B: Strawberry almond shake
L: Prawn Gyoza
D: 100gm Salmon, 80gm mash, 3 broccoli stems, peas, leeks

Monday meals.jpg

Last edited:
Back