Food ideas with photos

1440cals, of which 102.2gm carbs and 33.2gm sugars

B: Boiled eggs and a roll
L: Grilled bacon with mushrooms and beans
D: Roast lamb, new potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, mint gravy

I wasn't quite sure which bits to pick...
This made me laugh. Watching Monty Don some time ago he mentioned a vegetable that both UK and France grow, but one country eats the leaves and throws away the stalks and one country eats the stalks and throws away the leaves! Absolutely cracks me up that. Can't remember what veg it is now. I could get some and eat the lot!

This is my fave lunch from our cafe in The Square. Chili Jacket with a bit of salad and mayo. I can't count so never know how many carbs I'm eating. It's so scrumptious I'm sure I shouldn't be having it!

IMG_20230128_150944 M33 Jennys Cafe Sale treat for me and daughter - my fave chilli jacket and...jpg

I have no photos but I was so impressed I have to share.
A few months ago, I was given Thomasina Miers' Meat Free Mexican cookbook. Not surprisingly, there are lots of carby enchiladas and tacos and quesadilas and the like. But not all the recipes contain flat corn wraps.
Last night we cooked Smoky Roast Squash with Green Cashew Mole.
Wow!

It wasn't a Jamie 15 minute meal but it took about 45 minutes from start to finish so doable for a quiet week night. In that time, you get smoked paprika rubbed roasted squash, fresh tomato salsa and a herby cashew sauce topped with feta and pumpkin seeds finished off with a drizzle of chilli oil.

Not as low carb as meat meat and more meat but with no potatoes, pasta, tortillas, rice, pulses, etc. it was an easy insulin dose.
(I won't tell you how many carbs as that may give away how much I ate 😎 )

Last edited:
969 cals, 61.9gm carbs of which 37.8gm sugars

B: Poached egg, grilled bacon and mushrooms
L: Ham salad
D: Roast pork, new potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, apple gravy

Today, Spanish tortilla with chorizo by chef Lidl, a nice chunk of red Leicester, raw sweet peppers and cream cheese. I like the combo or the cream cheese with red pepper, I'd say is even better with cherry tomatoes.

IMG_20230315_171019.jpg

Looks like I need a new sink tap - plumber coming this morning. Then off to Hospital this afternoon taking friend for pre-op check up. Been warned it can take 4 hours, so having dinner at lunchtime.

1046 cals, 85.0gm carbs of which 40.1gm sugars

B: Exante Latte
L: Cheese and mushroom omelette, saute potatoes
D: HM Minestrone soup

Minestrone soup.JPG

1183 cals, 54.8gm carbs of which 33.1gm sugars

B: Poached egg, grilled bacon, tomatoes
L: Prawn and egg salad
D: Prawn and vegetable stir fry

Kielbasa torunska (a type of Polish sausage), broccoli and peppers, all cooked in the oven with some olive oil and a sprinkle of Za'atar over the veg.

This sausage is really tasty, I get it sometimes as a treat from the deli counter in the Polish shop. Is sold already cooked so can eat it as is, sometimes I have it cold with cheese, crackers...but it gets much better when is fried or roasted.

IMG_20230317_201521.jpg

I'm on plumber no 4 today, trying to get my kitchen tap fixed. 1 & 2 never replied, 3 took one look, refused and recommended 4!

1395 cals, 118.4gm carbs of which 41.6gm sugars

B: Poached egg and bacon
L: Prawn pasta salad
D: Roast pork, new potatoes, broccoli, mixed veggies, apple gravy
S: Lime cordial

Finally - plumber number 4 has agreed to fix my kitchen tap. But he came after his last job and by the time he left I didn't feel like cooking dinner. So yesterday's dinner becomes today's! But I got pinged yesterday evening as plumber number 3 tested positive for COVID. I feel fine and tested negative, but will keep testing until 5 days are up.

1057 cals, 72.9gm carbs of which 37.4gm sugars

B: Poached egg, grilled bacon, baked beans
L: Prawn and egg salad
D: Roast pork, new potatoes, broccoli, mixed veggies, apple gravy.
S: Lime cordial

Morning all. Here I am stuck indoors waiting out the COVID incubation period. So no aquafit this week for me. The gift nobody wants to give!

969 cals, 81.3gm carbs of which 48.2gm sugars

B: Exante coconut latte
L: Almond and vanilla latte
D: Roast beef, new potatoes, mixed vegetables, gravy

I think I've got Covid too but not sure what to do about it! :confused: What's the procedure then? I want to nip to the shops and the docs with my sample, good grief.

Have you tested? Suggest you look at the NHS website which is what I did. I am avoiding people and when I need to go out I will wear a 3 layer mask and stay at least 6ft away from everyone. I tested day one negative and will test again day five and ten. The incubation period is ten days. But you are infectious a day before symptoms.

1183 cals, 88.5gm carbs of which 47.0gm sugars

L: Poached egg, grilled sausage, tinned tomato
D: Pork chop, new potatoes, mixed veggies, apple gravy

Two pics tonight my dinner was sirloin steak fried in black garlic butter, sweet potato chips with mayonnaise and marrowfat peas
Sue’s dinner as she is still on a soft diet for her ileostomy.
Richmond skinless sausages, marrowfat peas, black garlic butter double cream mashed potato topped with mature cheddar and salad cream 7D17A9D1-9EEB-4990-AC56-F5ED7662E43C.jpegBD309317-88C0-4F43-B7B9-08F7D378746D.jpeg

Last edited:
I've almost finished the Exante drinks, which have been pushing up the daily carbs. I'll soon be back to the Tesco ones with unsweetened almond milk, at 2/3 of the carbs

1319 cals, 80.0gm carbs of which 38.8gm sugars

L: Poached egg, grilled sausage, tinned tomato
D: Chicken breast, new potatoes, mixed veggies, sprouts, cranberry gravy

All you can eat Chinese.
Way too many courses.
View attachment 24930View attachment 24931
Can you explain why you posted this because it seems to me that it isn't overly helpful to people and more like flaunting what you can eat whilst others here are trying to motivate and inspire people with healthy dietary changes. This almost seems like you are rubbing people's noses in it.
I would not take so much exception to you posting this if there was some mention of it being a rare treat and that you posted more photos of the so called healthy Mediterranean diet mentioned in your signature, but you seem to delight in posting photos of meals/foods which are not conducive to good BG management and without explanation that you a) have reversed your diabetes and b) that you have to maintain your weight loss to maintain that reversal, so this meal is not the norm and you will likely be more restricted with your food over the following days, which I believe you mentioned in another post.

I am not sure if you are aware of it or it is your intention, but these posts come across as either gloating or deliberately mis-informative to people particularly newbies who come to this thread looking for food/meal ideas to help with their diabetes management.

Back