Food ideas with photos

Yes, just like the halloumi and paneer dishes but i had tofu in the fridge.

I actually used my normal tandoori paneer marinade for the tofu so it was a very familiar taste.
the sauce was similar to what i would normally make but i followed something i watched on instagram that just cooked the ingredients for longer and in a slightly different order.
121103.jpg
guesstimated to be around max 50g carbs (i round up).
majority (32.6g) of which comes from the half packet of rice i had.

based on:
1 mini can of coconut milk
1 can of tomato
1 can of chickpeas
1 block of tofu
making 2 large and 3 lunch sized portions.

1246 cals, of which 72.9gm carbs and 49.9gm sugars

B: Poached egg, grilled sausage, bacon, tomatoes
L: Curried mackerel salad
D: Roast pork, mash, cauliflower, carrots, sprouts, apple gravy
S: 1 butterscotch crunch biscuit

Last edited:
ohh I havent had lamb for ages, I always seem to be a chicken or beef person but love lamb with mint sauce
It was lovely!

Brunch, french stick, ham, emmental cheese, tomato, shallots, grilled.
Evening meal, beef sausage, rice with spelt, rye, wheat, and wild rice, with carrots, turnip, shallot and smoked garlic.
IMG-20230308-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20230308-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20230308-WA0030.jpg IMG-20230308-WA0028.jpg couple of dinners from last week

IMG-20230308-WA0027.jpg
Most of my buffet lunch today (mostly low carb but a bit of nice baguette in there)

IMG-20230308-WA0031.jpg
And these are the low carb cakes from Saturday - mini almond muffins with black forest "sprinkle" (2g carbs each) and small/individual Chocolate Marquis (approx 9g carb each) - I did this one today as one large "cake" then cut into slices about the same carbs which is the bottom of the pic underneathIMG-20230308-WA0018.jpg

1253 cals, of which 67.6gm carbs and 46.8gm sugars

B: Vanilla and almond Exante
L: Poached egg, grilled sausage, bacon, tomatoes
D: Roast beef, mash, cauliflower, carrots, sprouts, gravy
E: Aquafit

Stormy night last night, and my recycling blew away up the hill. So out at 6am when the street lights came on, to find and rescue it. I'll put it out again when the lorry comes! Today's menu high in carbs for the calorie value. Might snack on chicken pieces to make up the cals.

885 cals, of which 87.5gm carbs and 50.4gm sugars

B: Exante Mocha Latte
L: Pea and ham soup
D: Roast pork, mash, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, peas, apple gravy

1269 cals, of which 73.3gm carbs and 40.9gm sugars

B: Poached egg, bacon, mushrooms
L: Ham and egg salad
D: Chicken parmigiana, new potatoes, carrots, cabbage, peas

I was shocked at how many extra cals and carbs a couple of minor tweaks put on my daily menu. Will not be repeating this mistake

1523cals, of which 110.2gm carbs and 45.8gm sugars

B: Coconut Exante
L: Poached egg, bacon, hash brown
D: Chicken parmigiana, parmentier potatoes, carrots, cabbage, peas

B: Exante coconut latte
L: Butterbean and sweetcorn soup
D: Roast lamb, new potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, mint gravy
E: Aquafit

A different meal for me today: beetroot and chickpea burguer, asparagus and kalettes, a veg that I've never tried or even seen before. All from Lidl. It was tasty but I have to admit it didn't keep me full very long. Need some carbs or more protein probably.

IMG_20230313_163815.jpg

Never heard of kalettes either! Google thinks it’s some sort of kale sprout crossbreed

Never heard of kalettes either! Google thinks it’s some sort of kale sprout crossbreed
Google is correct It's a few years since Lidl started selling them. They make a nice change occasionally.

I tried to grow some a couple of years ago with limited success, I wasn't quite sure which bits to pick. They were a bit tough but tasted like mild Kale. I might give them another go as I still have some seeds.

A different meal for me today: beetroot and chickpea burguer, asparagus and kalettes, a veg that I've never tried or even seen before. All from Lidl. It was tasty but I have to admit it didn't keep me full very long. Need some carbs or more protein probably.

View attachment 24751
Looks really colourful. To me what it is missing is some fat. I use the Lidl Sour Cream and chive dip from the chiller counter with my green veg either as a dip or a sauce. Sometimes I add a bit of chilli jam just to spice it up a bit. Works great with brussels, broccoli, cabbage, kale, asparagus. I usually chop up some salami and add that to it if I am going to mix it into the veg with chilli jam. Fat will keep you feeling full just as well as extra protein, so the sour cream dip provides more substance to a veggie meal like that.

Managed to keep my meals a bit more calorie controlled today. Est approx 1375 calories, 106g carbs.

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, filter coffee & semi skimmed milk
Lunch: swede & chicken soup, parmesan "crisps", filter coffee & semi skimmed milk, graze "peanut crunch creations" portion
Dinner: mature cheddar, roasted green beans & sprouts, then small piece chocolate cake and coffee almost straight after at church home group (homemade cake, how could I refuse a little bit 😉 but that's where the estimating comes in as I don't know the exact recipe/ingredients/nutrition for the cake)
Snack: plum, cherries, strawberries, raspberries & portion graze "peanut crunch creations"

Back