Food ideas with photos

Best smell in the world, passion fruit. in fact I think I like the was it smells more than the taste
Many years ago in Zimbabwe I ordered a passion fruit juice not anticipating that it would be a tall glass full of the contents of passion fruits so it looked like a glass of frog spawn. You needed to 'eat' it with a spoon.

Busy day yesterday - I booked a 10 day trip to Madeira to replace the Sicily holiday which got cancelled. Roll on September!!!

1233 cals, of which 69.7gm carbs and 43.0gm sugars

B: Exante Latte
L: Poached egg with grilled sausage, bacon and mushrooms
D: Gammon and pineapple, 2 baby potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, runner beans, sprouts

A very nice ham and cheese toastie, with a coffee and side salad.
(Out for the day, and there wasn't a lot of places open, but it was a very tasty choice either way)

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-19 at 14.30.55.jpg

1080 cals, of which 68.8gm carbs and 39.3gm sugars

B: Exante Mocha Latte
D: Prawn salad, 2 baby potatoes
E: Aquafit

Just had this for lunch - 89g cold roasted cauliflower (75 cals, 3g carbs), 109g Sainsbury's Garlic & Herb Chicken Breast Slices (136 cals, 2g carbs), 79g Waitrose full fat cottage cheese (84 cals, 3g carbs), a total of 295cals and 8g carbs.
EC0CE42D-6459-4704-B6EC-3AEC58374F0D.jpeg

Just had this for lunch - 89g cold roasted cauliflower (75 cals, 3g carbs), 109g Sainsbury's Garlic & Herb Chicken Breast Slices (136 cals, 2g carbs), 79g Waitrose full fat cottage cheese (84 cals, 3g carbs), a total of 295cals and 8g carbs.
View attachment 24326

Any reason why you didn't go for the low fat cheese if you are counting calories?
I normally use the low fat or quark.

Any reason why you didn't go for the low fat cheese if you are counting calories?
I normally use the low fat or quark.
It's the only cheese I'm eating at the moment, and I prefer the full fat version. It can take me 10 days to finish a 300g tub so it's not as if I'm eating a lot of it.

Having 3 courses today....

Natural Greek style creamy yoghurt with 9 frozen sour cherries and 10 small blueberries.

Cauliflower and halloumi curry with added extras... butternut squash, chick peas and a tub of red pepper hummus that was reduced to 20p and needed using up, served on a bed of Konjac rice. Small portion because I mad the curry far too hot! Do frozen whole chillies get hotter in the freeser? I only put 3 piddley little ones in a great pan of curry and it is blow your socks off hot!!

Tonight may be belly pork with savoy cabbage and butternut squash and carrot mash..... if I can be bothered to cook or a tub of Feta stuffed peppadew peppers..... or I might have another bowl of this curry now that my taste buds have adjusted to the heat.... it is rather yummy! Needs a few units of insulin for the hummus, chick peas, and tomatoes and onion in it but nothing desperately high carb.

Having 3 courses today....

Natural Greek style creamy yoghurt with 9 frozen sour cherries and 10 small blueberries.

Cauliflower and halloumi curry with added extras... butternut squash, chick peas and a tub of red pepper hummus that was reduced to 20p and needed using up, served on a bed of Konjac rice. Small portion because I mad the curry far too hot! Do frozen whole chillies get hotter in the freeser? I only put 3 piddley little ones in a great pan of curry and it is blow your socks off hot!!

Tonight may be belly pork with savoy cabbage and butternut squash and carrot mash..... if I can be bothered to cook or a tub of Feta stuffed peppadew peppers..... or I might have another bowl of this curry now that my taste buds have adjusted to the heat.... it is rather yummy! Needs a few units of insulin for the hummus, chick peas, and tomatoes and onion in it but nothing desperately high carb.
I think generally the smaller the chilli the hotter!

All sounds scrummy!

Today I had

Breakfast: 2 satsuma before swimming, 1 banana after

Dinner: can of Tesco cream of chicken soup, half a red pepper dipped in phili garlic lightest, 1 satsuma and 1 kiwi

Tea: 3 vegan sausage, 200g air fried baby potatoes, cauliflower peas green beans sweetcorn, and gravy

Supper: raspberries blueberries and grapes

Off to the recycling centre today with old furniture

1236 cals, of which 59.4gm carbs and 43.9gm sugars

B: Exante Coconut Latte
D: Chicken casserole, cauliflower, runner beans, sprouts

Grill up.jpgChicken casserole with veggies.jpg

Last edited:
Today I had

Breakfast an egg on bagel thin

Lunch corned beef hash (the stew kind) with carrots and mini cheddars

Snack grapes and satsuma

Dinner pancakes with ham

Snack kiwi and pomegranate

I had

Breakfast - Mediterranean Vegetable Frittata, coffee with skimmed milk

Lunch - parsnip, carrot, leek, baby leaf/rocket & Boursin soup with one slice of seed sensations bread and lurpak lighter, coffee with semi skimmed milk

Dinner - almond pancakes with kiwi fruit, blueberries and a little maple syrup

Snacks - Lindt 90% dark chocolate, herbal tea

IMG-20230221-WA0042.jpgIMG-20230221-WA0043.jpg I've moved some photos onto the phone that I use to come on here, so thought I would share some of them. These are homemade lower carb peanut butter cups - high cocoa dark chocolate and the filling is just peanut butter. Very yummy and nowhere near as sweet as Reese's

1172 cals, of which 62.3gm carbs and 46.4gm sugars

B: Exante Coconut Latte
D: Pork casserole, cauliflower, runner beans, sprouts, carrots

Pork Casserole with veggies.JPG

Last edited:
Third trip in a week to the hospital with my friend - yet more scans and/or procedures. Had to cancel aquafit again, but managed to book for tomorrow instead.

1187 cals, of which 76.3gm carbs and 33.0gm sugars

B: Exante Mocha Latte
D: Cold ham, new potatoes, petit pois

Back