Food ideas with photos

Still didn't have the fish yesterday!!

919cals, 73.8gm carbs of which 46.5gm sugars

B: Vanilla and almond shake
L: Chicken salad
D: Smoked cod mornay, baby potatoes, cabbage, peas, carrots, sprouts
S: Frozen sweet dark cherries
E: Aquafit

Slipped up again yesterday and had chocolate oat biscuit which took up my carbs. Need to watch it, as I know how easy it is to slip back into bad habits.

1246cals, 57.1gm carbs of which 36.5gm sugars

B: Poached egg, grilled bacon and mushrooms
L: Ham and coleslaw salad
D: Peppered beef, baby potatoes, cabbage, peas, carrots, sprouts

1031cals, 77.5gm carbs of which 45.2gm sugars

B: Banana and almond slim shake
L: Ham and coleslaw salad
D: Roast chicken, baby potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, gravy

So a few pics of the same meal building it up salad with ginger garlic and honey dressing
Also I had a beef burger sandwiched in between 2 slices of par boiled then fried celeriac with salad ketchup and mayonnaise View attachment 24000View attachment 24001View attachment 24002View attachment 24003View attachment 24004View attachment 24003View attachment 24004View attachment 24005View attachment 24006
How would you eat the burger, the celeriac looks too soft to pick up and like the filling would come out if you sliced it? Top marks for creativity but think I’d rather have it in bread, or without bread if that’s off the cards.

No breakfast, straight out for exercise class, then aqua aerobics.

But sorted by coffee and biscuits in the break in between, a very nice 300 calorie Belgian Milk Chocolate & Salted Caramel Cookie.
That's breakfast and lunch. :rofl:

biscuit.jpeg

Met up with a friend for coffee and resisted the home made cakes and scones. Strangled by my halo! Carbs for lunch so I cut out the potato with my dinner

1015cals, 68.3gm carbs of which 38.3gm sugars

B: 2 egg cheese omelette
L: Pea and ham soup
D: Low carb beef dinner with 5 veggies and a drizzle of gravy

Beef dinner low carb.jpg

Put my slow cooker on overnight to make the casserole with 3 left over loin steaks, half a bacon chop, a casserole pack, pork seasoning, home made chicken stock and a tablespoon of apple sauce!

1040cals, 60.5gm carbs of which 45.6gm sugars

B: Strawberry and almond slim shake
L: Corned beef salad
D: Pork and apple casserole, cauliflower, runner beans

Bubbling away in the cooker then plated up

Pork and apple casserole.jpgPork casserole dinner.jpg

Last edited:
1452 cals, of which 56.6gm carbs and 35.9gm sugars

B: Poached eggs with grilled bacon and mushrooms
L: Ham salad
D: Seasoned baked salmon, 100gm new potatoes, cauliflower, runner beans, cabbage, peas, drizzle veggie gravy
S: 40gm frozen berries

Ham salad.jpg

Breakfast, homemade.
Eggy bread, frozen berries and some sweet freedom cinnamon syrup.

PXL_20230205_102740712-01.jpeg

Hi Felinia can you tell me what these shakes are and do you make them or buy them ? Thank you in advance

Hi Felinia can you tell me what these shakes are and do you make them or buy them ? Thank you in advance
I buy them. I've tried various ones over the years, SlimFast, Exante, Tesco own.
I haven't had SlimFast for years. I bought quite a lot of Exante during the first lockdown but only when on offer, as they are expensive (£1.99 a sachet). I personally now find them too sweet, and at 18gm carbs, 11gm sugar, even when made up with water, I am concerned about the carb and sugar content.
My choice is Tesco at £5.50 for 10 sachets. If you make it up with 250ml skimmed milk it is 20.7gm carbs, 16.8gm sugar. But the skimmed milk itself is 11.8gm carbs and sugars. Instead I make it up with 100ml unsweetened almond milk and 150ml water. That works out at 9.5gm carbs and 5.3gm sugars per serving. I leave it in the fridge for 20 mins to thicken up. I always have one for breakfast before my exercise classes.
Of course, there are lots of additives in them, which won't suit some people, but the Newcastle diet is based round similar shakes. I figure if you make your own with natural ingredients and fruit they might be healthy, but higher in carbs.

Thanks Felicia for quick reply I do shop at Tesco but never seen these sachets will try them and I do have unsweetened almond milk when I make chai pudding , sometimes I dont have the energy on a morning to make breakfast nor make my own shakes although I do have a bullet machine its the washing up that gets me down must be getting lazy

Late posting today as I had a back appointment and trips to the charity shop and friends, for recycling

1113 cals, of which 67.9gm carbs and 36.3gm sugars

B: Poached eggs with grilled bacon and mushrooms
L: Prawn and cottage cheese salad
D: Baked chicken breast, 100gm new potatoes, cauliflower, runner beans, mushroom Madeira sauce

Prawn and cottage cheese salad.JPG

Back