Food ideas with photos

Late today and what a shocker! I had no idea Caesar salad was so high in calories and fats. Still a higher day might get my metabolism moving a bit. At least I was still under 100gm carbs.

1701 cals, 93.8gm carbs of which 42.1gm sugars

B: Mocha latte Exante
L: Chicken and bacon Caesar salad
D: Chicken and mushroom supreme, carrots, cauliflower, sprouts
S: Slice of blueberry loaf

Late today and what a shocker! I had no idea Caesar salad was so high in calories and fats. Still a higher day might get my metabolism moving a bit. At least I was still under 100gm carbs.

1701 cals, 93.8gm carbs of which 42.1gm sugars

B: Mocha latte Exante
L: Chicken and bacon Caesar salad
D: Chicken and mushroom supreme, carrots, cauliflower, sprouts
S: Slice of blueberry loaf

Even Balsamic is over 1 calorie per ml!
Sometimes you just have to think, "well the rest is lettuce"

Back to it today! Even with the dressing all measures just under target levels.

1108 cals, 74.8gm carbs of which 41.8gm sugars.

B: Coconut latte Exante
L: Chicken Caesar salad
D: Pork loin, 2 baby potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, sprouts
S: None
E: Aquafit

I was unwell yesterday afternoon, went to bed and missed dinner. So I have yesterday's dinner today instead! I'm also making a slow cooker chicken casserole for tomorrow. Frustrated with slow weight loss - only half a pound in 2 weeks - but I do feel better in myself. Less tired, less thirsty and fewer trips to the loo!! So the lower carb definitely suits me better.

1095 cals, 71.4gm carbs of which 43.8gm sugars.

B: Vanilla and almond slim shake
L: Mushroom omelette, sausage
D: Pork loin, 2 baby potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, sprouts
S: 1/18 slice blueberry loaf (a tiny treat)

Been busy checking my booking for Sicily as payment is due soon. Roll on May!! It would be nice if I could fit into the crops which are too tight at the moment!!

1108 cals, 70.7gm carbs of which 9.6gm sugars.

B: Poached eggs, grilled bacon and mushrooms

L: A different sort of soup - there were enough vegetables and liquor left over from my slow cooker chicken casserole, after I'd made up 6 portions, to make 3 servings of a very eclectic soup!

D: Cold ham, new potatoes and petit pois

S: Enough cals and carbs left over for a tiny slice of blueberry cake

The loaf is 1/18 of a 2lb loaf. The soup contains carrots, onion, celery, squash, sweet potato, tomatoes, a few bacon lardons and chicken stock, all blitzed up.

Blueberry loaf2.jpgCasserole soup.jpg

Last edited:
I was surprised by just how high in carbs the casserole and home made soup was - due I suspect to the sweet potato. No room for the blueberry loaf today.

970cals, 76.9gm carbs of which 49.9gm sugars.

L: Casserole left overs soup

D: Chicken casserole, new potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, sprouts

E: Aquafit

Not a vaste choice today, but a very nice zinger burger, crispy chicken, toasted white roll, a bit of salad and mayo, topped with a hash brown.
Probably used up my calories for the day!
At least I didn't order the fries.

IMG_20230123_115108_5.jpg

And that is a dinner plate, not a side plate it's on :rofl:

I have had to really watch what I eat since my blood glucose skyrocketed over christmas. so here is a couple of what I have been eating. Decided the veg plate with yogurt and cheese dressing there wasn't enough protein so had a whey protein smoothie with raspberries for dessert (had I thought ahead could of added some lentils for protein.

Attachments

• VegiePlate.png
    VegiePlate.png
    564.2 KB · Views: 10
  • stewBroc.png
    stewBroc.png
    686.9 KB · Views: 10
I bought one of those shakespears for making smoothie without needing to use electricity. its shaped in a way you shake the fruit into a pulp, (works best on raspberries but said to work on Banana as well, then add protein powder and milk of your choice with a tablespoon of yogurt. Delicious 😛

Last edited:
Bitterly cold here this morning. Got spare cals and carbs today if I need to heat up some soup.

829cals, 51.1gm carbs of which 33.0gm sugars.

B: Strawberry and almond slim shake
L: Poached egg, grilled bacon and mushrooms
D: Roast lamb, 4 mini potatoes, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, sprouts, mint gravy
S: None (unless I have some HM soup)

I bought one of those shakespears for making smoothie without needing to use electricity. its shaped in a way you shake the fruit into a pulp, (works best on raspberries but said to work on Banana as well, then add protein powder and milk of your choice with a tablespoon of yogurt. Delicious 😛
It sounds like an economical device but might be worth testing the effect of a smoothie on your blood glucose as some find they have a bigger effect than the individual ingredients would suggest they should. Many recipes include banana which is very high carb mainly to give the correct texture but substituting with avocado is a lower carb alternative.

Meeting up with a friend today for a much delayed Christmas meal - she was on crutches! So a brunch and carefully chosen Indian meal today.

1160cals, 44.0gm carbs of which 29.9gm sugars.

BR: Poached egg with grilled bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes
D: Tandoori chicken with salad and yogurt mint dip

Last edited:
I am always surprised at the delicious foods and the variety that peoples eat, so I had a jar of cockles for breakfast to mix things up a bit. 🙂

1409cals, 76.8gm carbs of which 48.4gm sugars.

B: Banana and almond shake
L: Poached eggs with grilled sausage, tomatoes and bacon
D: Pork and apple burger, baby potatoes, broccoli, carrots, sprouts, apple gravy

Some of my meals over the last few days 1st pic celeriac mash with carrots haddock in a parsley and hosin black garlic sauce
2nd pic celeriac chips chicken breast marinaded in garlic chili and sea salt with tomatoes
3rd pic mince beef celeriac chips cooked in garlic butter with tomatoes
4th pic lamb steak with garlic mint sauce celeriac mash mushrooms onions and tomatoes
5th pic lincolnshire sausages smoked back bacon mushrooms tomatoes poached eggs on toast with holandaise sauce topped with pumpkin seeds
AEFCA49C-47D1-4435-A20E-0DF0D1B2AAF4.jpeg4AF08361-6292-474A-B3ED-A95D2BE61541.jpeg5AC8ED5B-2092-420F-A8E5-3CB6F93FD4D3.jpegA9C44FB3-655D-40B7-A89A-E24561E0553A.jpegFAEAA41F-F2E9-4630-A579-A01A28E283E5.jpeg

Last edited:
Morning all. I didn't feel up to last night's dinner, (just had a prawn and veggie stir fry) so I'm having it today. I couldn't get into the aquafit class today, so am meeting up with a friend for a lunchtime tea/coffee.

1176cals, 75.0gm carbs of which 47.5gm sugars, plus whatever I decide to have with the salad.

B: Poached eggs, bacon, tomato
L: Salad - not sure what to have with it - tuna, salmon, ham, cottage cheese. Oh, the decisions!!!
D: Pork and apple burger, mini potatoes, broccoli, carrots, sprouts, apple gravy
S: None

1210cals, 73.9gm carbs of which 51.1gm sugars

B: Poached egg, bacon, tomatoes
L: Mackerel salad
D: Smoked cod mornay, new potatoes, cabbage, peas, carrots, sprouts

Slipped up yesterday and had a frittata for tea instead of the fish, which I will have today

963cals, 88.6gm carbs of which 49.0gm sugars

L: Mediterranean frittata and salad
D: Smoked cod mornay, new potatoes, cabbage, peas, carrots, sprouts
S: 10 frozen dark sweet cherries

Back