Food ideas with photos

Really sorry to hear you had a disappointing diabetic review @Felinia but good for you in using it to motivate you to do better. Those meals look tasty and filling.

20221225_212455.jpg
20221226_135607.jpg
20221226_190735.jpg 20221226_192629.jpg 20221229_121300.jpg 20221229_232059.jpg a variety of recent meals, some more indulgent than others but my BG has played reasonably nicely with all (definitely helped by fat for some 😉)

Here's today's celebrations. 1055 cals, 55.1gm carbs of which 36.6gm sugars

B: Slim shake with unsweetened almond milk
L: Bacon and tomato scramble
D: Marinated salmon, 2 baby potatoes, carrots, broccoli, green beans
S: 40gm sweet dark cherries, Benecol, Fybogel, 250ml skimmed milk
E: 2hr spring clean of kitchen and bathroom (to take my mind off food!)

Breakfast2.JPGLunch.jpgMarinaded salmon dinner.jpgDark sweet cherries (40gm).jpg

Morning all. A 2 day blitz to start the New Year with a sparkling house (and get rid of all the glitter etc from the decorations!). After my Sainsbury's delivery I'll be making yellow vegetable soup, and minestrone soup both without potato or pasta.
No pictures today as it's a duplication of previous posts. I'm hoping daily posting will keep me motivated.
1015 cals, 64.1gm carbs of which 37.9gm sugars

L: Bacon and tomato scramble
D: Pork loin, crushed potatoes, carrots, broccoli, green beans, apple gravy
E: Housework and cooking

84D0BD1A-7FAC-4D04-8892-8F889384B163.jpegHam, onion 2egg omelette with a few sweet potato chips salad comprising of iceberg lettuce, baby plum tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, green olives stuffed with feta and garlic cloves a big plate but I was hungry 84D0BD1A-7FAC-4D04-8892-8F889384B163.jpeg

Todays delights!
885 cals, 44.9gm carbs of which 34.9gm sugars
L: Poached eggs with bacon and tomato
D: Smoked haddock mornay, carrots, broccoli, peas and cabbage

Smoked haddock mornay.jpg

Last edited:
Todays delights!
885 cals, 44.9gm carbs of which 34.9gm sugars
L: Poached eggs with bacon and tomato
D: Smoked haddock mornay, carrots, broccoli, peas and cabbage

View attachment 23561
Looks tasty I bought 3 packs of fish from Icelands on Sunday I'm going to try and have something similar at least twice a week

Back to the pool at last! Had more substantial meals and carbs today as I had such a bad tummy upset yesterday, but not sure if it was the new medication, or reduced carbs. I'll see how I go this evening.

1163 cals, 90.9gm carbs of which 47.3gm sugars

L: Tuna and red pepper salad, small bowl yellow vegetable soup
D: 3 Meatball casserole with tomato, mushroom and onion sauce, carrots, broccoli, peas and cabbage
S: Benecol, Fybogel, 250ml skimmed milk

Tuna salad.JPGMeatballs.jpgYellow vegetable soup.jpg

Last edited:
Meals today - no pictures this time
968 cals, 88.8gm carbs of which 48.2gm sugars (put up carbs to see if tummy settles)
L: Tuna and red pepper salad, small bowl yellow vegetable soup
D: Cold ham, carrots, peas and a scoop of mashed potato

We are going for a Chinese tomorrow and I've been wrestling with my carbs. Settled on chicken chop suey and stir fry veggies in black bean sauce. My app indicates a half portion will be about 470 cals and 13gm carbs, so I can go out and enjoy myself!!!

Last edited:
Not quite the shake today.

Breakfast/lunch. 4 digestive biscuits and two coffees.

Still the 200 calories though! :rofl:

Shake later!
Salad tonight.

Busy day today. It was good of my cousin to give me a box of chocolate orange and mint cookies. Shame I won't get to enjoy them, just my friends!!
811 cals, 63.9gm carbs of which 41.1gm sugars

B: Vanilla and almond shake
L: Ham salad
D: Lamb dinner
S: 7 Dark Cherries
E: Aquafit

Lamb dinner 3.jpgHam salad 2.jpg

Last edited:
The January edition of the free ASDA magazine has some good recipes including vegan ones. I am going to try the 'not meat' balls tonight to go with some Jackfruit concoction from Tesco. I have not had it before so thought I would try something already made before making something from scratch.

The January edition of the free ASDA magazine has some good recipes including vegan ones. I am going to try the 'not meat' balls tonight to go with some Jackfruit concoction from Tesco. I have not had it before so thought I would try something already made before making something from scratch.

Jackfruit is very good alternative to meat.
I've used it in burgers and chillies.

I make meatless balls with aubergine and feta plus some other ingredients. My non-veggie partner really enjoys them.
I serve them with a tomato sauce and zoodles.

So far I'm sticking with my plan to post daily to keep myself honest. But when I weighed I'd put on half a pound!!

883 cals, 68.5gm carbs of which 44.3gm sugars

B: Strawberry and almond shake
L: Salmon and egg salad
D: Chop suey with vegetables and black bean sauce
S: 7 Dark Cherries

Salmon and egg salad.JPGChop suey vegetables black bean sauce.jpg

Last edited:
Tasty dishes lined up

941 cals, 60.5gm carbs of which 45.4gm sugars

B: Banana and almond slim shake
L: Salmon salad
D: Meatball casserole, cauliflower, sprouts and a mushroom tomato sauce
S: 7 frozen dark cherries (it satisfies my sweet tooth in the evening)

Mealtballs.JPG

Meatless burgers (mushroom)
Courgetti spaghetti, two baby sweetcorn, a few mange tout, in a small amount of green tomato.
Under the two hundred calorie limit 🙂

IMG_20230107_180857_7.jpg

Back