Diabetes Support UK Challenge! We're off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Norwich Park Runs start next week, looking forward to them. At a wedding next weekend though so won't be able to go until week 2.

Enjoy it when you can get there. Personally, I prefer running to weddings, but sometimes have to be sociable. At least cousin's in August is at his fiance's family's farm in Yorkshire, where we can camp - best weddings always involve camping 🙂

Enjoy it when you can get there. Personally, I prefer running to weddings, but sometimes have to be sociable. At least cousin's in August is at his fiance's family's farm in Yorkshire, where we can camp - best weddings always involve camping 🙂

haha i thought you mean you prefer 'to run to weddings' ??? and was thinking thats a long way to run to yorkshire ....😉:D

Well done everybody! We have made the journey from Skipton to Liverpool, via Todmorden, Preston, Blackpool and Southport - 137 miles! That leaves us with 4 miles left over for a leisurely pub crawl of Liverpool! We deserve it!

Brighouse, my home town:
Brighouse05.jpg

Todmorden, in the Pennines (yes, it really is still in black and white!):
todmorden.jpg

Blackpool:
Blackpool.jpg

The route:
skiptonliverpool.jpg

catching up

I'm late to this thread but regularly do 10 k on my exercise bike, six days a week (today's my day off). Scenery isn't fantastic which is why I'm seriously considering dog ownership. As a fellow northerner, pleased you're spending some time in Blackpool but what's wrong with my old haunt, Derbyshire?

Well done everybody! We have made the journey from Skipton to Liverpool, via Todmorden, Preston, Blackpool and Southport - 137 miles! That leaves us with 4 miles left over for a leisurely pub crawl of Liverpool! We deserve it!

Brighouse, my home town:
Brighouse05.jpg

Todmorden, in the Pennines (yes, it really is still in black and white!):
todmorden.jpg

Blackpool:
Blackpool.jpg

The route:
skiptonliverpool.jpg

Haven't posted on this thread for a while. Still doing 4 dog walks Saturday and Sunday, total 8 miles. Work walking the site everyday, at least one mile/day - does that count?

I'm late to this thread but regularly do 10 k on my exercise bike, six days a week (today's my day off). Scenery isn't fantastic which is why I'm seriously considering dog ownership. As a fellow northerner, pleased you're spending some time in Blackpool but what's wrong with my old haunt, Derbyshire?

Nothing wrong with Derbyshire at all! In fact we'll be doing quite a tour as we're heading back across the Pennines next on our way to Sheffield and doing quite a bit of the Peak District, my old stamping ground! 🙂

Haven't posted on this thread for a while. Still doing 4 dog walks Saturday and Sunday, total 8 miles. Work walking the site everyday, at least one mile/day - does that count?

It all counts Ron, I'll count you in for 13 miles this past week to contribute to the next leg from Liverpool! 🙂

haha i thought you mean you prefer 'to run to weddings' ??? and was thinking thats a long way to run to yorkshire ....😉:D

Running Cambridgeshire to Yorkshire - nice idea, must try it sometime! Driving to race in Peak District / Dark Peak next weekend. : - )

Last edited:
plea for Bakewell

Consider stopping over in Bakewell and I'll treat everyone to a slice of Bakewell pudding (notice no mention of tart) plus a Derbyshire oatcake, even better than the Staffordshire variety.

QUOTE=Northerner;155543]Nothing wrong with Derbyshire at all! In fact we'll be doing quite a tour as we're heading back across the Pennines next on our way to Sheffield and doing quite a bit of the Peak District, my old stamping ground! 🙂

It all counts Ron, I'll count you in for 13 miles this past week to contribute to the next leg from Liverpool! 🙂[/QUOTE]

I was in Todmorden for business reasons a few years back and you're right, it is still in black and white! Didn't Brighouse have a famous brass band once upon a time?

I was in Todmorden for business reasons a few years back and you're right, it is still in black and white! Didn't Brighouse have a famous brass band once upon a time?

They played on Terry Wogan's 'Floral Dance'. More famous in the region is the Black Dyke Mills brass band.

Lots of my relatives are from Todmorden, hence the stopover! 🙂

Wanted to perticipate in this for a long time, but have been really inactive. Today, finally, I did 60 mins of stepper while watching IT crowd.....does this count???🙂

Not sure how it would figure in this, but I'm doing about 5 miles every day, as measured by my pedometer.
Last week's total was 33.31 miles and 5.65 miles so far today.

Rob

4 miles walking for me today.

Hmm, 'bout time I wheeled the rower out again too. It's only seen the light of day once last month!

Andy

Been busy on a course lately, but can add another 15 miles on a mixture of crosstrainer, rower and bike.

(Do you prefer distances in miles or km, Northener?)

Been busy on a course lately, but can add another 15 miles on a mixture of crosstrainer, rower and bike.

(Do you prefer distances in miles or km, Northener?)

I'm adept at conversion these days, but tend to think in miles! 🙂 Well done on all your good work!

I'm adept at conversion these days, but tend to think in miles! 🙂 Well done on all your good work!

Thanks.🙂

While we are on the subject of measuring things,
I weigh my food in grammes but bake in ounces,
buy cold meat in quarters, but teach grammes,
and teach metres/kilometres, but buy material in yards!

Weird or what??? 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back