Diabetes Support UK Challenge! We're off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have walked over 30 miles in the last few days and another 10 or so tonight :D

'Ere! I thought this had died. I've been putting my feet up for the last week or so! :D

Andy

went on my excercise bike today, did 15mins, not very good im afraid, not been on it for 2 weeks an my legs were killing me. i will defantly be on it every day from now. according to my bike i burned 50 cals an did 5.15 k. dont think that would be anywere even near hlf a mile 😱

went on my excercise bike today, did 15mins, not very good im afraid, not been on it for 2 weeks an my legs were killing me. i will defantly be on it every day from now. according to my bike i burned 50 cals an did 5.15 k. dont think that would be anywere even near hlf a mile 😱

Hey Tracey, nice to have you join us on the Challenge! I know the feeling with the EB - I've just got back on mine after nearly five weeks off because of a knee injury :( Don't worry about the distance, you want to ease yourself back into - try to do too much and you will just lose motivation (and hurt!).

Well, today I managed 6.1k on my EB, followed that up with 15 mins 'Workout for dummies' on my (poor) abs. I went for a walk for about an hour. Then this afternoon I did some gardening and had my customary gardening hypo, dropping to 2.3 😱

Another 5 miles!

Only two from me today, partly due to the sore feet and partly due to the fact that I was WORKING! *:D Lots of running around tomorrow so I expect to do at least twice that.

* Although not yet being paid for it.

Only two from me today, partly due to the sore feet and partly due to the fact that I was WORKING! *:D Lots of running around tomorrow so I expect to do at least twice that.

* Although not yet being paid for it.

You look like you've already got a bit more spring in your step! 🙂

Hey Tracey, nice to have you join us on the Challenge! I know the feeling with the EB - I've just got back on mine after nearly five weeks off because of a knee injury :( Don't worry about the distance, you want to ease yourself back into - try to do too much and you will just lose motivation (and hurt!).

Well, today I managed 6.1k on my EB, followed that up with 15 mins 'Workout for dummies' on my (poor) abs. I went for a walk for about an hour. Then this afternoon I did some gardening and had my customary gardening hypo, dropping to 2.3 😱

could you tell me if 5.15 k is anywere near 1/2 mile. sorry for sounding silly, id just like to know if im doing alot of good on my bike.
going to go out walking tomorrow night aswel.

You look like you've already got a bit more spring in your step! 🙂

In a 'virtual' sense I do. I still have a lot of pain in my feet and walking long distances is incredibly painful. The difference at the moment is I don't care! Once the euphoria wears off that may change.

3 runs totalling 10 miles. Knee problem so won't be running for a little while

Richard

3 runs totalling 10 miles. Knee problem so won't be running for a little while

Richard

Ack! Sorry to hear about the knee injury Richard - just got over one myself that's put me out for over a month :( Hope it just needs a few days rest.

45 miles walked in the North West Highlands last week.

Wow! Sounds fantastic! 🙂

I have managed another 6.1k on the EB today and done the 15min abs workout. Will probably do some gardening before the rain starts.

We are heading West from Newcastle, as I think we should visit the lovely Lake District - will post destinations later! 🙂

morning off, 3 mile run yesterday evening. may do another tonight have to wait and see.🙂

could you tell me if 5.15 k is anywere near 1/2 mile. sorry for sounding silly, id just like to know if im doing alot of good on my bike.
going to go out walking tomorrow night aswel.

1km= 5/8 of a mile (near enough)

To change km to miles:

no. of miles = no. of km ? 5 ? 8

so 5?15 km = 5?15 ? 5 ? 8

= 3?2 miles

So the answer to your question is no, it's not near 1/2 mile, it is well over that. 😉

1km= 5/8 of a mile (near enough)

To change km to miles:

no. of miles = no. of km ? 5 ? 8

so 5?15 km = 5?15 ? 5 ? 8

= 3?2 miles

So the answer to your question is no, it's not near 1/2 mile, it is well over that. 😉

wow i didnt realise id did that much, im well chuffed 🙂 thanks for converting it for me 🙂

I did half hour of swimming yesterday with Jessica 😉 and a 2 mile walk today x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back