Byetta Babes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all.

Phew taking my byetta nearly 2 hours late does not seem to have caused to much of a diasaster

Hey,

Sorry to get back on topic, but I had a question about Frio wallets. They say they are resusable, but how does this work exactly, when you add water, is the following reaction reversable?
Do you just use cold water again to re-use, and how many times can it be done?

Hope you can help,

DP 😎

Hi DP I have also used mine quite a bit. I've been on holidays and also eating out quite a bit and wanted to ensure the pen didn't go over 25c. It stays cool for quite some time. I reactivated mine with cold water on Sunday and it's still cold enough now. I think it works through evaporation and the act of evaporation cools the gel. I did make a mistake of leaving it to soak in water for too long and then it was so swollen I couldn't get the pen in! Mine hasn't reverted to granules yet but I do use it quite often.

I love hearing from all the lizard spitting gang here. For some reason this weekend was my most difficult yet. I was away - camping and I started eyeing up all sorts of rediculous foods like flap jacks and one did find it's way into my mouth, a massive one at that lol. The result was BG over 10 for a few hours. Anyway I'm home now so back to the usual routine and no Cornish cafes to tempt me.

In order to get my am jab early enough I have started keeping it by my bed and do it as I get up. To begin with we were told to eat 30 mins after injecting but now I have been told to extend that to 45 - 60 mins and in the morning that is a bit of a hassle if I am working. I think that some days that wait will be impossible but I don't think it will be too much of a problem if I only wait 30 mins.
Carole I have really started to enjoy fish and have steamed, grilled or baked salmon a couple of times a week, also tuna. It's quick and easy to cook and I usually put a salad and a couple of tiny new pots in skins with it.
Good luck with the house sale the dame.

Well after experimenting with the best time for me to have first jab i have found 11am suits me best so i am now looking foreward to seeing better results, think i have lost a bit of weight too,i can do my belt up another notch,mind you my gold fish are eating more then me at the moment.lol.
Steff pleased to hear you did'nt suffer to much for taking your meds late.
Carole

Well after experimenting with the best time for me to have first jab i have found 11am suits me best so i am now looking foreward to seeing better results, think i have lost a bit of weight too,i can do my belt up another notch,mind you my gold fish are eating more then me at the moment.lol.
Steff pleased to hear you did'nt suffer to much for taking your meds late.
Carole

LOL@ goldfish good to hear things are on the up hun , And 11am sounds about right its all about what best fits into your life.

Hi Gang:D

I sometimes forget my jab until just before eating - they say 30 mins beofore is the "ideal" - too early and you can feel a bit sick, too late and it doesn't do it's job so well but I reckon as long as you take it some time in that magic hour it will help.

I was told that although brekkie is not usually your biggest meal (shh, had bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms today:D ) it is good to have it before the first meal of the day as it helps to bring down those wretched fasting highs.

However a lot of this advice is given by the medics and they can become detached from the reality of normal life sometimes so I think we should all be allowed to find our own balance - stressing out to meet impossible guielines is not good for your heath either is it!

A PS - Steffie, you are brave with your late jabs - I was out for dinner last Saturday and the service was rubbish. We waited 50 mins (after I jabbed) for our meal and I grabbed the waitress and told her that if they didn't get me my food within 10 mins I would be very ill and they wouldn't appreciate a lump like me spark out on their crowded pub floor. It arrived with 5 mins to spare! Was touch and go though as Hubby was going a bit green with worry - me, I felt fine sipping my diet lemonade which I had to bring from home cos these places think we all drink coke or that fresh orange is sugar free😡

It's a challenge trying to be normal isn't it!

Hi all,hope you are all well today,i was wondering if any of you have experienced a very dry mouth after your injections its not that im thirsty just my mouth going realy dry,im not worried about it just curious.
Carole.

Hi all,hope you are all well today,i was wondering if any of you have experienced a very dry mouth after your injections its not that im thirsty just my mouth going realy dry,im not worried about it just curious.
Carole.

That for ME is a sign of high bs but thats just me so dont panic, have you checked your levels?

Hi Steffie yep my levels have been high since coming off the glimepiride so im going to go back on them tomorrow but am going to cut the dose to see if that helps.

Hi Steffie yep my levels have been high since coming off the glimepiride so im going to go back on them tomorrow but am going to cut the dose to see if that helps.

ok hun are you ok to do that yeah ? x

g/l

yeah should be ok as i still have a couple of 2ml ones left so will take one in the morning but i will ring the nurse and let her know that im trying it that way.

yeah should be ok as i still have a couple of 2ml ones left so will take one in the morning but i will ring the nurse and let her know that im trying it that way.

okay hun whatever you feel best doing. x

Good early evening all, hows things today Caole hun?

p.s i always have 2 pens in the fridge at the same time and the other day i got 2 new ones i opened one on the morning and used it then in the evening i think i used the other 1 , so in essence i think i used them both by accident, i was thinking of putting a star on the pen i currently use and then that will stop me doing that again does anyone think thats a good/bad idea?

Got my 10 pen ready for Friday so I'm all set for the higher dose. No big problems with the 5 pen so fingers x for me. What about keeping the unused one in it's box in the fridge until you need it Steffie?

Got my 10 pen ready for Friday so I'm all set for the higher dose. No big problems with the 5 pen so fingers x for me. What about keeping the unused one in it's box in the fridge until you need it Steffie?

Good luck for that i was totally fine x

p.s i have thrown the box away 🙄

Im so envious ,i think i must have your share of the nausea Steffie.

Yeah first 5 days i was that way hun, it passed for me and hopefully it will you x

Did you get the teredness as well,thats what im finding the hardest its virtualy knocking me off my feet.

Did you get the teredness as well,thats what im finding the hardest its virtualy knocking me off my feet.

I was feeling that way before going on the byetta hun lol so made no difference.

I was feeling that way before going on the byetta hun lol so made no difference.

Yeah me too, but now i eat a couple of mouthfuls 10 minetes later im on the sofa snoring my head off,to be quite honest i have thought about stopping the injectios when i feel at my worst but once i start to feel better i come to my senses,and thats good cos no one can accuse me of being a sensible person.lol

My insulin seems to be doing ok in 30+ heat. I haven't been using my Frio wallets because it's too much effort, ooops!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back