Before Tea/Evening Meal

I see you are only 6 weeks or so into your diagnosis with quite a high HbA1C so it is both surprising and pleasing that your blood glucose must have come down so much as to be giving you readings as low as around 4mmol/l.
Have you cut down drastically on your carb intake as metformin doesn't usually have that big an effect.
/0/
I have lost alot of weight 10kg, I have cut down drastically on carbs though not completely... I still eat bread, potatoes, rice and sweet potatoes (as I mentioned earlier in this thread) even eat some cakes, puddings, chocolate ect occasionally but for the most part I am eating clean and I am walking alot and I joined my local councils gym/leisure facilities. When I was diagnosed my GP told me it was likely that I would need more than Metformin to control my Diabetes and since then I've got it in my head that "No I don't want that, ultimately I want remission"

It wasn't just my BG that were high I had full blood work (MOT) my Triglycerides were life threateningly high they were 25.46... very high is anything from 5 upwards mine were 5 times that and those levels put you at risk for Acute Pancreatitis (GP thinks that might have been the cause of the pain that led to my diagnosis) and I was meant to have a fasting Lipid Panel test at the same time as my first DN appointment but my GP didn't want me to wait 2 weeks for that test... 3 weeks after the first test my overall cholesterol levels had halved, my good cholesterol was close to normal levels and my Triglycerides were down to 3.88 phew no Statins for me yet.... Because I am newly diagnosed I get another HbA1C in November and a repeat fasting Lipid Panel... my Libre 2 is giving me an HbA1C estimate of 33 (I know there's some margin of error for those things) but it's looking promising heading into November... my HbA1C in July was 96!

Evening all, a happy 6.1 for me today. After a foggy start, the day turned out sunny and warm.

Have a good rest of the day, after dinner I'm off for an evening of bowls.
You mentioning bowls reminds me of family holidays to Margate when I was a kid: there was a bowling green on the way from our guest house to the beach 🙂

I have lost alot of weight 10kg, I have cut down drastically on carbs though not completely... I still eat bread, potatoes, rice and sweet potatoes (as I mentioned earlier in this thread) even eat some cakes, puddings, chocolate ect occasionally but for the most part I am eating clean and I am walking alot and I joined my local councils gym/leisure facilities. When I was diagnosed my GP told me it was likely that I would need more than Metformin to control my Diabetes and since then I've got it in my head that "No I don't want that, ultimately I want remission"

It wasn't just my BG that were high I had full blood work (MOT) my Triglycerides were life threateningly high they were 25.46... very high is anything from 5 upwards mine were 5 times that and those levels put you at risk for Acute Pancreatitis (GP thinks that might have been the cause of the pain that led to my diagnosis) and I was meant to have a fasting Lipid Panel test at the same time as my first DN appointment but my GP didn't want me to wait 2 weeks for that test... 3 weeks after the first test my overall cholesterol levels had halved, my good cholesterol was close to normal levels and my Triglycerides were down to 3.88 phew no Statins for me yet.... Because I am newly diagnosed I get another HbA1C in November and a repeat fasting Lipid Panel... my Libre 2 is giving me an HbA1C estimate of 33 (I know there's some margin of error for those things) but it's looking promising heading into November... my HbA1C in July was 96!
I was just astonished how well you have done in such a short space of time especially as you seem to be having many of the carbs that many of us would avoid having. Very well done.

Good evening all, a happy 5.0 for me this fine evening. Enjoyed a ten-mile bike ride
in glorious afternoon sunshine today and picked what is probably the last of the
blackberries for the freezer, I should have enough to last me through the winter.

8.2 this evening (overfed a hypo this afternoon)
when my levels dropped to just under 3 looking at the red line on my LibraApp
I think the alert went off and said 3.6 at that time and finger prick confirmed my levels were definitely low, anyway was in car, preparing for a meeting with a customer this afternoon and was outside a bakery at the time, so a ham salad roll & Gingerbread man was consumed, then spiked to 11 before coming back down

Blackberries @Barrowman
good shout, we haven’t been and picked any this year,
I will suggest to my wife we go out looking for some this weekend maybe :confused: Unless she has anything else planned

4.7 for me... dinner is half quite a large (almost a marrow) courgette stuffed with quorn mince, veggies and cheese, with a side of red and white quinoa... I've not tested the effects of Quinoa yet so I will be checking again in 2 hours! ☺

4.4 Before dinner for me and because it was such a large courgette yesterday I ate stuffed courgette again today with Quinoa it was lovely!

Although my later in the day BG numbers are good aswell as my overnight ones my morning numbers while good for a type 2 diabetic are too high for my liking... but hey ho my 2 hour post breakfast BG on the day of my diagnosis was 19.6... even on a bad day they aren't even close to that number! ☺

Screenshot_20240920-190422.jpg

Good evening 6.6 this evening before a very low carb dinner

I’ve had a pretty much flat(ish) line on the libra today, which was a relief as Dr suggested I reduce my insulin dosage again, both morning & evenings, he had phoned unexpectedly just before I had my breakfast, as was just reviewing my recent blood test results, good news he now agreed I can stop completely taking Empagliflozin

Pre-dinner this evening it was a 6.1 for me.

5.4 before dinner this evening,
then following the smallest amount of insulin I’ve ever taken

Then about 10 pm this evening
suddenly my BS dropped from I think it was 5.9 when I looked at my phone
then in what seemed no time at all, was 3.8 by the time libra alarm rudely disturbed us 😱
at the time Mrs G & I were in minor disagreement about something I had forgotten to order off amazon, plus I hadn’t taken her to Lidl or was it B&M (or maybe it was both) and they were now closed.

by the time Libra showed my levels as rising (to above 4) firstly they continued to plummet to 3.0
I’ve felt quite confused this evening, far more than usual, so thats usually a sign my sugars are going haywire

I have some, and of course should’ve reached straight for the jelly babies on going Hypo
but tonight rational thinking just went out the window
like it can, when I get low sugars are low, stupid thing is, there are plenty of JB’s currently in both on my bedside cabinet & even an un-opened bag in the kitchen drawer, plus I’ve got lifts (glucose tabs) on my bedside unit also.

My wife even has a box of maybe a dozen can of RedBull in the garage

all I could think was, gladly accept the banana Mrs G had immediately got me, and asked her to make me some toast, however turned out the only bread was a single slice (in the freezer)
it was a few minutes after my sugars had plummeted that I had it buttered & ate it with lashings of Nutella - OK not real Nutella (we buy the Lidl own label)

that was the scariest and most upsetting hypo I’ve had
but I’m OK,
and I did this to my body after all.

I didn’t listen to the doctors for toooo many years

It was a long time before I found this forum,
and when I did I slowly dipped my toe in
I think I registered and initially looked, and still didn’t initially understand what I should do

and then finally over what is it im thinking 4 years now
I’m finally kind of getting things in some kind of under control 🙄 (ish)

Im sure I’ve said this somewhere on the forum before,
‘twas sometime after my mothers passing, maybe during the first lock down
well that was when I got so fat think it 120 KG?
that I think (I’m only short so at Just under 5’9” a BMI OF 40)

that gave me a much needed wake up call
we still hadn’t at that time had a normal funeral / wake etc as my mother had passed away in lockdown, it then dawned on me, the way I was headed I would be joining her, if I didn’t sort my health out

.., back to today
thinking about it today I had skipped lunch
breakfast was a mix of fresh berries, apple, nuts & seeds in Greek yoghurt mix (probably to healthy)

evening meal was also just extremely low carb, a bowl of mixed chopped salad
topped with a spicy fish cake, well actually half a fish cake,
why had I only ended up with half a fish cake ?
because the other half missed the bowl ended up on the floor .. sometimes better to :rofl: than 🙄 (we don’t have a crying emoji)

just looked at phone and libra said 8.7 finger prick confirmed this to be correct as that was 8.8
see attached:

OMG
just realised today is now - actually tomorrow
so maybe I’m posting this in the wrong part of the forum
some people will be waking in a minute :rofl:

I’m ok I’m just rambling on now zzz’s needed I'm absolutely exhausted

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg