Before Tea/Evening Meal

A slightly naughty 10.7! Why? Because I ate four large squares of Peruvian chocolate as I was p*ss*d off by the outcome of today's extra physiotherapy. There will be no extra physio as I can walk 10yds with Zimmer which classes me as independent! 47 years of NI and tax from 16:to date for a trivial pension (relatives in Germany and Australia get far more) and totally inadequate support since losing my leg! :(

*d

It's interesting: since moving here five years ago I've never been bothered by midges. I think they're only an issue in certain parts of Scotland.

I went to John O'Groats for the longest day some years ago. It fact it seemed like the shortest as it was dark and pouring down all day. Didn't see a single midge -: think they drowned! 🙄

An 8.4 for me this evening and it's raining again after a dry day.

A slightly naughty 10.7! Why? Because I ate four large squares of Peruvian chocolate as I was p*ss*d off by the outcome of today's extra physiotherapy. There will be no extra physio as I can walk 10yds with Zimmer which classes me as independent! 47 years of NI and tax from 16:to date for a trivial pension (relatives in Germany and Australia get far more) and totally inadequate support since losing my leg! :(

*d
Peruvian chocolate? Is that what Paddington eats?

I went to John O'Groats for the longest day some years ago. It fact it seemed like the shortest as it was dark and pouring down all day. Didn't see a single midge -: think they drowned! 🙄
Before I moved up here I had no idea just how big Scotland is. My mother came up to visit my partner and me (we live in the central belt) for a few days and when I asked her what she'd like to see, she said, "Loch Ness". We explained that unfortunately that's too far away but that Loch Lomond's very nice and not too far. So, we drove to Loch Lomond and walked around in the rain. However, my mother wasn't impressed: she knew full well that there's no monster in Loch Lomond 🙄.

Before I moved up here I had no idea just how big Scotland is. My mother came up to visit my partner and me (we live in the central belt) for a few days and when I asked her what she'd like to see, she said, "Loch Ness". We explained that unfortunately that's too far away but that Loch Lomond's very nice and not too far. So, we drove to Loch Lomond and walked around in the rain. However, my mother wasn't impressed: she knew full well that there's no monster in Loch Lomond 🙄.

It's big as Scotland was on my patch when I was doing software support. But I was staggered how quick and easy it was to drive from Edinburgh to Aberdeen compared to London to Birmingham.

It's big as Scotland was on my patch when I was doing software support. But I was staggered how quick and easy it was to drive from Edinburgh to Aberdeen compared to London to Birmingham.
True! I used to live and work in the West Midlands and driving anywhere round there was a nightmare. I often drive from Scotland to London and the only bit that I always get stuck on regardless is the M6 around Brum.

Late back home this evening (due to traffic roads flooded)
but nice to see 5.2 before dinner
plus a flattish line this afternoon

TC everyone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1
4.6 as I started eating, but since we were out I bought a naughty carb heavy meal (crispy chilli chicken - aka lots of batter and sweet chilli sauce - with fried rice). Peak at an hour post first bite was 10, 2 hours post was 7.8 (obviously fine normally but above what I'm currently aiming for. Taking its time to come down as well, I think due to fat content meaning all those carbs are releasing slower. I did have a dip to 4.7 but I think it might have been compression dip (leaning on it) as went back to 6.8 fairly quickly. Drifting down a bit now (4 hours post meal) to 5.8

And it was a 5.7 for me pre-dinner this wet evening.

Night night folks and sleep tight.

5.1 before dinner this evening... been trialing Zero Carb Rice from Holland and Barratt served with meat free meatballs (I'm trying to lower my cholesterol) in a jar of Moroccan meatball sauce... very carby 🙂 and Mediterranean Roasted Veg... my Libre 2 free trial ended today... boo! Now having a break before I order the Dexcom free trial!

Back