Before Tea/Evening Meal

I see you are only 6 weeks or so into your diagnosis with quite a high HbA1C so it is both surprising and pleasing that your blood glucose must have come down so much as to be giving you readings as low as around 4mmol/l.
Have you cut down drastically on your carb intake as metformin doesn't usually have that big an effect.
/0/
I have lost alot of weight 10kg, I have cut down drastically on carbs though not completely... I still eat bread, potatoes, rice and sweet potatoes (as I mentioned earlier in this thread) even eat some cakes, puddings, chocolate ect occasionally but for the most part I am eating clean and I am walking alot and I joined my local councils gym/leisure facilities. When I was diagnosed my GP told me it was likely that I would need more than Metformin to control my Diabetes and since then I've got it in my head that "No I don't want that, ultimately I want remission"

It wasn't just my BG that were high I had full blood work (MOT) my Triglycerides were life threateningly high they were 25.46... very high is anything from 5 upwards mine were 5 times that and those levels put you at risk for Acute Pancreatitis (GP thinks that might have been the cause of the pain that led to my diagnosis) and I was meant to have a fasting Lipid Panel test at the same time as my first DN appointment but my GP didn't want me to wait 2 weeks for that test... 3 weeks after the first test my overall cholesterol levels had halved, my good cholesterol was close to normal levels and my Triglycerides were down to 3.88 phew no Statins for me yet.... Because I am newly diagnosed I get another HbA1C in November and a repeat fasting Lipid Panel... my Libre 2 is giving me an HbA1C estimate of 33 (I know there's some margin of error for those things) but it's looking promising heading into November... my HbA1C in July was 96!

Evening all, a happy 6.1 for me today. After a foggy start, the day turned out sunny and warm.

Have a good rest of the day, after dinner I'm off for an evening of bowls.
You mentioning bowls reminds me of family holidays to Margate when I was a kid: there was a bowling green on the way from our guest house to the beach 🙂

I have lost alot of weight 10kg, I have cut down drastically on carbs though not completely... I still eat bread, potatoes, rice and sweet potatoes (as I mentioned earlier in this thread) even eat some cakes, puddings, chocolate ect occasionally but for the most part I am eating clean and I am walking alot and I joined my local councils gym/leisure facilities. When I was diagnosed my GP told me it was likely that I would need more than Metformin to control my Diabetes and since then I've got it in my head that "No I don't want that, ultimately I want remission"

It wasn't just my BG that were high I had full blood work (MOT) my Triglycerides were life threateningly high they were 25.46... very high is anything from 5 upwards mine were 5 times that and those levels put you at risk for Acute Pancreatitis (GP thinks that might have been the cause of the pain that led to my diagnosis) and I was meant to have a fasting Lipid Panel test at the same time as my first DN appointment but my GP didn't want me to wait 2 weeks for that test... 3 weeks after the first test my overall cholesterol levels had halved, my good cholesterol was close to normal levels and my Triglycerides were down to 3.88 phew no Statins for me yet.... Because I am newly diagnosed I get another HbA1C in November and a repeat fasting Lipid Panel... my Libre 2 is giving me an HbA1C estimate of 33 (I know there's some margin of error for those things) but it's looking promising heading into November... my HbA1C in July was 96!
I was just astonished how well you have done in such a short space of time especially as you seem to be having many of the carbs that many of us would avoid having. Very well done.

Back