Before Tea/Evening Meal

6.0 for me this evening. I am also testing my ketone levels at the moment as trying to get more of a handle on my ketogenic way of eating and actually focus on losing weight. My ketone levels are ok so my ratio of blood glucose to ketones is fine and I am fairly pleased about this as I am upping my exercise levels too and in the past that has led to higher glucose levels so I am ok with a 6.

9.6 tonight, I had pasta and garlic bread so a lot of carbs which takes a while to process. But sometimes you just have to eat what you like.
I assume that was an after dinner.... perhaps bedtime reading then rather than a "before evening meal" reading?

4.5 for me and about to eat at a normal time for once!

6 for me this evening prior to food.
We had a stressful day today. Hot and having done a lot of DIY stuff around lunchtime we discovered our water was off due to a burst water main!!
Typical that I had recently decided spending money on bottled water was a luxury we could no longer afford and so we had no emergency supplies for drinking.
I was thus stuck with drinking long life almond milk which is not terrible but higher than zero carbs and not really something to chug like I would with water.
Water still not properly back on at bedtime so leaving washing up until tomorrow which is a major no-no for me especially in hot weather.
Not a happy bunny.

5.2 do I claim an HS?

What is HS? I can't find it in the abbreviations thread

5.5 for me this evening at 6pm then didn't eat until an hour ago, granddaughters staying and I forget to do things like eat :rofl:

6.5 before tea, and only 8.5 after 🙂

What is HS? I can't find it in the abbreviations thread
HS stands for House Special and is the nominated optimum waking reading particularly for those of us who use insulin..... Not too low that we might have hypoed through the night and not too high. It is really just a bit of fun that we indulge in on the "Group 7-day waking average thread". Something to try to attain as a good reading, but in reality, if you are not on insulin or Gliclazide then a waking reading of 4.5 or even 4.2 might be preferable.

@Gwynn Nice try but "No" (I'm such a spoil sport 🙄) .... Unless @MikeyBikey wants to award you a House Special since this is his thread.
Maybe we should have a different nominated optimum pre evening meal number. I know mine today wouldn't be ideal at 7.6.

5.0 before tea, and a fairly comfy 7.4 after - bearing in mind that I ate a Chocolate eclair......... 🙂

5.1 for me before tea

And it was a 5.7 for me tonight and then shepherd's pie with a thin layer of crispy mashed potatoes on the top went down a treat.

Back