Before Tea/Evening Meal

What is HS? I can't find it in the abbreviations thread
It stands for House Special. A bit of fun started a long time ago on the morning/waking test thread.

A house special is a test result of 5.2

Oh and this evening a 5.4

5.1 for me tonight which was the same as my waking reading this morning. Haven't figured out what I am going to eat yet..... probably courgettes with something as the garden glut continues and I am now several days behind with consumption..... Can I interest anyone in free courgettes??

5.6 for me, roast chicken salad so no need to take insulin, rose to 6.8 and kept steady.

5.1 for me tonight which was the same as my waking reading this morning. Haven't figured out what I am going to eat yet..... probably courgettes with something as the garden glut continues and I am now several days behind with consumption..... Can I interest anyone in free courgettes??
No thanks got plenty myself, tomatoes anyone. And of course the apples are now ready, far too many have extra protein so don't store too well. The freezers are already full to bursting with fruit.

Sadly you aren't near enough or I would definitely have some

6.6 for me

Well I am having a sort of chili ratatouille with chorizo and konjak noodles (instead of pasta) supper. Lots of balsamic and a splash of port in the ratatouille and 2 courgettes.... just 20 to go!! Generous sprinkle of parmesan and black pepper and it's a tasty dish and enough left for tomorrow. I've given it 2 units of Fiasp for the tomato and onion so will see how that goes but might be able to squeeze a quarter square of dark choc and a spoon of peanut butter for dessert without going too high. Was aiming to keep it well in range as I was on target for a unicorn day but I see it is just after midnight so mission accomplished for yesterday.....
IMG_20220830_000715912[1046].jpg

Now.... can I make it two unicorns in a row?

No thanks got plenty myself, tomatoes anyone. And of course the apples are now ready, far too many have extra protein so don't store too well. The freezers are already full to bursting with fruit.

I have that problem with my plums. Trees are laden with them but seems it was a good year for whatever fly lays it's eggs in the developing fruit. Haven't checked the apples yet as I thought it was a bit too early but blackberries are early so I must try the apples. I have rather neglected my apple trees the last couple of years with me not able to eat much fruit so I don't think there is a lot of fruit on them. They really need a good prune once I have harvested what fruit there is.

No thanks got plenty myself, tomatoes anyone.
Yes tomatoes are at last starting to ripen so I am just starting to get a glut of those and I have 2 cucumbers waiting to be eaten and a third almost ready to pick and a 4th a couple of days behind it. eek!.... Starting to eat them like bananas.... but without the need to peel them..... or stop at half!

5.1 two hours after fish and chips AND an hours exercise !

It's an 8.4 for me pre-dinner, must have been all the fruit and a mini muffin I had for a snack earlier.

6.3 for me today

5.6 before tea tonight, hot chicken salad followed by strawberries and greek yogurt was hungry after a long walk with my daughter and our three dogs. 6.5 Two hours later

5.3 for me tonight before Tea, hope everyone's had a good day

6.2 for me and just about to tuck into a big bowl of chicken vindaloo calmed down with some creme fraish and served on a bed of green beans .... and the obligatory courgettes of course. 2 units of Fiasp should deal with it and maybe half a square of choc with peanut butter afterwards.

And it is a 4.7 for me pre-dinner tonight.

Mine was 6.6 and post-dinner was 7.7. I had a cheeky cheese scone from the freezer with my spinach salad and cheese-topped quarter pound burger too 🙂 - looked for the lowest carb bread-related thing in my freezer and that was it :D (Apart from a potato cake but they wouldn't separate while frozen). 34g total carbs for the meal (including 5 dark chocolate buttons because I felt the need of a chocolate hit).

4.7 for me tonight, had a busy day though swimming, walking my dogs, looking after my granddaughters etc will be glad when its bedtime 😉

Back