Before Tea/Evening Meal

The way I see it, coleslaw is just another way of adding cabbage to my plate and the creamier the better as far as I am concerned. Creamy or cheese coleslaw is one of the foods which makes low carb eating really enjoyable. It is rather a shame you passed on it in my opinion.
Not a great lover of coleslaw tbh. Have not had much bread since diagnosis as it seems to raise my bs too much, but thought I'd risk it today because I was hungry and would be running around with girls all afternoon.

Not a great lover of coleslaw tbh. Have not had much bread since diagnosis as it seems to raise my bs too much, but thought I'd risk it today because I was hungry and would be running around with girls all afternoon.
There is a big difference in coleslaws depending on where it is from or if homemade. Low fat budget slaw is pretty horrible but the creamy chunky coleslaw is nice or home made with a mixture of mayo and yogurt is good

Not a fan as it contains cabbage which is related to those horrible green nuggets people dish up at Christmas! Eat these things at your own risk!

5.2 this evening

5.3 for me tonight, hope everyone's had a good day 🙂

And it’s a 4.3 for me pre-dinner tonight.

5.5 tonight. Did a lot of walking this afternoon, decided to walk to pick up kids term time season tickets for school. The nearest station (already quite a walk) didn't have the right tickets (term time are a special colour to make it easy for them to spot if used on the wrong day), so had to walk to a further one.

Though it did give me the opportunity to see how long it took me to walk back from the opticians I think I'm going to pick from the list for my retinopathy screening - 45 minutes when feet already tired.

6 for me this evening dam that cheese and bacon sauce at lunchtime 😉 :rofl:

5.1 for me this evening.

And a 5.6 for me pre-dinner tonight.

3.9 for me according to Libre but it is reading about 1mmol low, so likely mid- high 4s but didn't double check as I have already used about 5 test strips today double checing similar readings..... Lots of red on my graph today again 😱 but almost none of it genuine😡. Anyway I just injected my bolus and ate my evening meal/supper. Really didn't fancy a JB as a starter 🙄

There is a big difference in coleslaws depending on where it is from or if homemade.
I agree. I can't stand the slimy stuff with more mayo'ish (I am sure it is not real mayo) than veg.
But a grated carrot and some thinly shredded cabbage (the crisp white stuff which is nothing like the small Christmas "nuggets") plus a dollop of real mayo and a squirt of lemon juice tastes fresh and crunchy.

Last edited:
5.3 for me this evening 🙂 now to decide what to eat tonight. I never thought this much about food before diagnosis and would either have whatever was in the house or a takeaway.

5.3 for me tonight too. I had no breakfast, a late lunch and now an early evening meal. I am so disorganized! 🙄

Evening. 6.1 pre-tea. I had quite a big tea calorie- wise compared to what I've been eating, but not too high in carbs (houmous with salad - picked up from Olio app on my way back from dropping youngest at a youth group they go to and use by today so ate the whole tub of houmous!) and post-tea was 6.8 :D

It was a 5.3 for me at 18.05 pre-dinner tonight…

5.0 yesterday just before tea time (4pm). All good

5.5 this evening, (only just 3 hrs after a late and full lunch expected it to be a bit higher so very pleased) Hope everyone is having a good day

And it’s 5.3 for me today.

Back