Before Tea/Evening Meal

5.5 for me before tea earlier this evening, hope everyone's had a good day

5.7 before eating tonight. Excited its not higher, decided at lunchtime to experiment and see if I could tolerate chips, yes chips 🙂 100g of potato thickly slice cooked/fried in a small amount of olive oil. Enjoyed every morsel:D BG was 4.9 before lunch 6.3 two hours later and now 5.7
Hopefully if BG continues like this chips will no longer be off the menu:D:D:rofl:

And it was a 5.5 for me pre-dinner tonight......

6.4, although I had lunch so late that was also post lunch so I'm very happy with it wasn't a big lunch but did include a little bread

A naughty 12.7 and my own fault. I had to get up at 5:40for an early outpatients. Everything overran and when I got home I couldn't be bothered so I ordered a small pizza and salad from a local independent. This usually works out (only do it every 2 - 3 months) but somehow I got a thick crust not a thin crust. Problem was it tasted so good I didn't leave as much as I should. Fantastic salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, peppers, onion and olives - - and so much I had the balance as a starter in the evening.

I went to the hospital today and they tested my BG at 4.1 at 4.30 this afternoon, half an hour later before my minor opp they tried again and it was 4.7 how it went up I have no idea, but it did and the opp went ahead.

I went to the hospital today and they tested my BG at 4.1 at 4.30 this afternoon, half an hour later before my minor opp they tried again and it was 4.7 how it went up I have no idea, but it did and the opp went ahead.
Presumably your liver helped out and spewed out a bit of glucose but on the other hand there is no real difference between 4.1 and 4.7. Did you have to fast for your procedure as that might explain why it was a bit low.

No idea, sorry, hope op went well.

6.2 before eating tonight, I've noticed numbers rise if I'm hungry or if there is a large gap between meals :confused:

4.7 before dinner and 5.2 a couple of hours later. I'm thinking I can start adding a bit more food and not be as strict on restrictions.

Dinner tonight was really nice tho. I put on a electric slow cooked at lunch with 2 cans of chopped tomato. Quorn chunks. Water and then loaded it with the usual veg. Butternut squash, celery, mushrooms, broccoli. Chickpeas and a mix of herbs and spices. Left it cooking for around 4 hours. It's that time now where the soups and hot lunches are coming out slowly. This made 5-6 portions so that's what I'm having again for lunch but maybe with a little bread.

Stress would easily push it up that small amount..... just very surprised it wasn't higher.... but then am I right in thinking you are on Gliclazide? If so, that may be why it didn't go higher.... or maybe you are just a very chilled, cool dude 😎.

4.6 for me tonight. No idea what I am going to eat. Not sure I can be bothered to cook. I have injected 3 units and will probably graze on a few bits and bobs to use it up.

Tested at 5:00 yesterday as felt I was going down yesterday. As 4.3 and waiting for patient transport treated as hypo as mention of the word sends staff into panic mode! Training on diabetes needs serious improvement in most of the NHS. Anyway at 7:00 BG was 6.7. And really pleased flowed by a 6.4 this morning (reported elsewhere). 🙂

Ah well after a 4.6 before lunch 5.8 after a late lunch and before food tonight. Hope everyone's had a good day

And its an 8.1 for me pre-dinner, must have been the two muffins I had this afternoon.

A slightly high 8.3 tonight. I am trying out Lloyd Grossman's "no added sugar" bolognesr sauce tonight. It seems slightly bland but a lot better with a dash of pepper and Lea & Perrins.

Back