Autumn booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had mine at 2.30 last Saturday, I walked into town ( I’d already walked the four miles to the clinic) did some shopping and walked back. Almost nine miles walked altogether. Felt a bit achy the next morning but made a Sunday roast and did the ironing. Covid arm was uncomfortable in bed for about three days.
Thanks, so sounds like the shopping is a good idea as its later I will feel achy so may not be able to carry so much shopping if I leave it (better on my bank account though) Do you know if its Pfizer this time round or is it different for everyone. I have had 2 AZ and one Pfizer so far, maybe have Moderna and make it a hattrick

Had both Covid booster and Flu jab at 10:30 this morning.

Huge queue. Good system somewhat wrecked by several of the people administering the jabs being off sick! !

Took almost an hour in the queue.

All done. No effects felt so far and I have been out shopping and fixing a sound system in a church since

@Jenny65 Probably a bit late in replying for you now, but I got my booster this morning and have been round the shops afterwards with no problem. I have taken a couple of Paracetamol just now as there is the tiniest hint of a headache forming (probably more to do with the stress of shopping that the vaccine) and after having a migraine yesterday, I don't want to risk my system getting upset again.
Unfortunately the system at the medical centre I booked at was very poor. They hadn't had the vaccine delivered in time so there was a long queue which obviously didn't move until the vaccine turned up and then they only had one person on reception who checked people's details and then gave you a form to fill in (never had to do that before) before you were called to one of several vaccine rooms, where there was one person to seek you from the waiting room and 2 people to administer the jab.... so the reception was understaffed and causing a further back log and the vaccinators were sitting twiddling their thumbs I imagine between patients and lots of people were getting disgrutled! I queued for just over an hour. I was in a warm, clean corridor so I consider myself fortunate compared the poor people early on in the pandemic, who were waiting outside in the freezing cold for several hours in some cases in the middle of winter for their first vaccine. I felt rather sorry for the receptionist as she was getting the brunt of people's frustration and it clearly wasn't her fault.
Hi Barbara,

That sounds a long frustrating wait, My appointment is at 2.20 so I am hoping its on time and there is still time to walk to the shops afterwards. did you have have both vaccines?

Im quite excited to go to the shops as I love the christmas look of the shops, (big kid at heart) also I have an engagement party to get a dress for which I am looking forward to seeing if I can fit something smaller 🙂

Good point about paracetamol, I will do the same

xx

Im off to have mine this afternoon, both COVID booster and the Flu jab. Can I ask those that have had it, were you able to carry on the rest of the day, I plan to pop to town afterwards and do some Christmas shopping, I cant remember when the arm ache and feeling a bit off colour starts, think it was overnight last time but I had it at 6pm and not 2 together so just wondered how it affected people side effect wise.
I was fine the rest of the day, but ill and stayed in bed the day after. Mine was moderna for covid, and the wait time (i did have an appointment) about an hour wait beyond appointment time, the waiting was stood outside but they did have 4 chairs for those who couldnt stand

That sounds a long frustrating wait, My appointment is at 2.20 so I am hoping its on time and there is still time to walk to the shops afterwards. did you have have both vaccines?
No, I just had the Covid booster today. I had the flu vaccine last week and had no reaction to that whatsoever.
Some people take a couple of paracetamol in advance of the vaccine, just in case.

Hope you manage to find the perfect dress. Enjoy your shopping.

No, I just had the Covid booster today. I had the flu vaccine last week and had no reaction to that whatsoever.
Some people take a couple of paracetamol in advance of the vaccine, just in case.

Hope you manage to find the perfect dress. Enjoy your shopping.
Thanks, if I am brave I may share my shop with you later. I have seen some lovely velvet dresses online at Roman - they are a sort of burgundy colour but sadly Roman has closed down in my town, I only discovered it last year and their clothing is not frumpy but not aimed at teenagers, it felt just right, I have bought a lot from them online but want to try on clothes today as am now a stone lighter than when I last ordered so may need a smaller size (hopeful here 🙂 )x

@Jenny65 I was told Moderna is the only one licensed for this booster.

When looked up for something else, I found reference that there is a Pfzier dual variant covid, but was only approved beg of Sept but not heard mentioned in media.

When looked up for something else, I found reference that there is a Pfzier dual variant covid, but was only approved beg of Sept but not heard mentioned in media.
I’m booked in at our surgery next week. The blurb on the village website from the Patient participation group says that they won’t know which vaccine they’re getting until it’s actually delivered, and it might be Moderna or Pfizer, and it might be the single one, or the bivalent. The NHS is recommending that both give decent protection, but the bivalent gives a bit more against Omicron. Reading between the lines, I suspect there hasn’t been enough of the bivalent manufactured yet, but they want to get everyone boosted with something asap.

I’m booked in at our surgery next week. The blurb on the village website from the Patient participation group says that they won’t know which vaccine they’re getting until it’s actually delivered, and it might be Moderna or Pfizer, and it might be the single one, or the bivalent. The NHS is recommending that both give decent protection, but the bivalent gives a bit more against Omicron. Reading between the lines, I suspect there hasn’t been enough of the bivalent manufactured yet, but they want to get everyone boosted with something asap.
When the bivalent was first announced for rolling out the number that they say they had ordered/purchased wad alot lower than, the number they were saying would be eligible.

Well, following the Covid booster and Flu jab this morning my evening BG is raised to 6.7 (normally around 5.0).

It will be interesting to see it come back in range over the next few days

Just looked on my NHS app to see which one they gave me and the doctor has only registered the flu vaccine, the Covid one isnt on there

so if i have a bad reaction they will assume its to the flu jab and not the other one 🙂

I'm not sure if the system hasn't filtered my autumn covid booster through to GP system yet (had it at work, but 2 weeks ago so I think it should have filtered through...) or if the text I got on Thursday from GP system saying "you're eligible for a further covid vaccination this autumn" was intended for one of my kids (my number is on system for them and neither have had a booster yet, need to organise really)

I'm not sure if the system hasn't filtered my autumn covid booster through to GP system yet (had it at work, but 2 weeks ago so I think it should have filtered through...) or if the text I got on Thursday from GP system saying "you're eligible for a further covid vaccination this autumn" was intended for one of my kids (my number is on system for them and neither have had a booster yet, need to organise really)
I had both jabs today, in the same arm, one after the other by the same Dr (had a doctor and not a nurse this time) she only entered the flu on my records though.

The surgery only does vaccinations on Saturdays, they had 7 of the rooms available and nurses and doctors administering in each room, we queued up from the side of the surgery, told to roll up our sleeves, go in have the jabs and then leave through the GP back office, it was like a conveyor belt but very efficient (except for only recording one jab)

I had both jabs today, in the same arm, one after the other by the same Dr (had a doctor and not a nurse this time) she only entered the flu on my records though.

The surgery only does vaccinations on Saturdays, they had 7 of the rooms available and nurses and doctors administering in each room, we queued up from the side of the surgery, told to roll up our sleeves, go in have the jabs and then leave through the GP back office, it was like a conveyor belt but very efficient (except for only recording one jab)
I don't know why it isn't showing on the app for you, but it must have been recorded in some way as they have to record batch number given

I don't know why it isn't showing on the app for you, but it must have been recorded in some way as they have to record batch number given
my other 3 covid ones are showing could be human error

My Covid took a few days to appear on the app, but the Vaccination centre where I had it gave out cards with the type and batch number and information leaflet.

Sadly it seems there is a bit of disorganisation around who is eligible yet for the autumn booster. At my failed attempt yesterday (due to vaccines running out after a 3 hour wait in the line at a walk in centre!), an NHS CVA (Covid Vaccination Assistant) told us that as from Sep 22nd anyone over 50 is now eligible regardless of health conditions. When someone said they couldn’t book online he said to just tick the “high risk” question regardless in order to get to the booking page.

I’ve had an email from the NHS inviting me to book (I’m 62) but so did a lady in the line just ahead of me who was 49 with no underlying health conditions and not a frontline care worker, etc. - the walk in centre refused to vaccinate her despite her having an invite.

As much as I appreciate the NHS and extremely grateful of the excellent health service we receive in this country, I do think that the whole organisation is not managed in a clear and consistent manner - just look at all the variations across the country we all have experienced in diabetes care. I can imagine that as with a lot of organisations they are suffering from staff shortages on top of a very high workload so I can understand the difficulties of ensuring a consistent, coordinated process across the country. It is not easy at the best of times ensuring that everyone in an organisation is saying the same thing and following the same procedures and guidelines.

After yesterdays disaster my wife (who qualifies on age - over 50, and as a frontline care worker) and I managed to book a vaccination for this afternoon at a nearby pharmacy, so we’re hoping to be successful today!

2 weeks ago, we had ours done at our GP by the GP and then had to go upstairs for them to register that we had had the vaccines but in different rooms for the flu registration and covid registration.
We waited an hour from the appointment time in a long snaking queue outside so a good job it wasn't raining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back