Autumn booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to go to my GP thanks, and after going to a pharmacy my 3rd Covid vaccine, not keen to go for my flu. My local Pharmacy are not even advertising it yet.

No not seen any pharmacy's saying they have vaccine yet, few weeks back Morrisons were asking for people to book in for when it's available.

Not eligible as between 65-70, at moment more concerned about not heard anything about flu vaccine, nothing on my surgery website, last few years have had or got booked by now. I have already come to conclusion that be get down to me they will have run out of new Covid vaccine.
They may not have much flu vaccine yet. My trust (I work for NHS) hasn't got flu yet, we can book now for covid booster but not yet for flu

Wow! They are on top of things where you are. I just had a text a few weeks back saying “We will let you know about your booster”

Followed by another minutes later that said along the lines of, “Please don’t call the surgery, we said we would let you know!”

Made me chuckle. I can only imagine their phone lines lit up!

They may not have much flu vaccine yet. My trust (I work for NHS) hasn't got flu yet, we can book now for covid booster but not yet for flu
I did wonder if that was the reason but there is no mention of Flu on the website or the Integrated Care's site either.

Just saw the DUK page that people with diabetes ARE eligible because of their diabetes https://www.diabetes.org.uk/about_us/news/coronavirus-vaccines
However as usual it's not clear what 'box' T1D fits into on the online booking or even the 111 booking service. Does anyone know- do we tick the 'High risk due to a health condition' box?? Everybody involved is clueless and keeps telling me that diabetes is not included 🙄 I am a bit sick of battling for this every time tbh

I had my Moderna Bi-valent booster yesterday at the village pharmacy. My wife also had hers but as she is immunosuppressed she was told by the pharmacist that she should have boosters every 3 months.

Just saw the DUK page that people with diabetes ARE eligible because of their diabetes https://www.diabetes.org.uk/about_us/news/coronavirus-vaccines
However as usual it's not clear what 'box' T1D fits into on the online booking or even the 111 booking service. Does anyone know- do we tick the 'High risk due to a health condition' box?? Everybody involved is clueless and keeps telling me that diabetes is not included 🙄 I am a bit sick of battling for this every time tbh
I would assume so, as a health condition is why we are high risk. I haven't investigated the general booking as I'm getting mine through work anyway

I have mine booked for first week in October, may be too late though as 2 of my household now have Covid, I have so far evaded it but we shall see if im still OK. They literally have just both come home from work unwell and used one of my lateral flows left over and yep both have it! I feel fine myself. Both of them have cold like symptoms and sickness, both young and healthy but taken to their beds, fingers crossed I dont get it 🙂

Our local surgery aren't doing Covid boosters or flu jabs for under 65s - I've booked the latter at Boots and will wait patiently for the former...not holding my breath, mind. 😳

My mum was offered a Covid jab at a pharmacy in Glyn Neath - 25 miles from home - when there are perfectly good pharmacies just down the road from where she lives...who knows?!

I have mine booked for first week in October, may be too late though as 2 of my household now have Covid, I have so far evaded it but we shall see if im still OK. They literally have just both come home from work unwell and used one of my lateral flows left over and yep both have it! I feel fine myself. Both of them have cold like symptoms and sickness, both young and healthy but taken to their beds, fingers crossed I dont get it 🙂
I hope you don't get it but I had it and my OH got it 4 days later. I just had a tickly cough, stuffy nose for a day or so but was testing positive for 7 days.
I don't think you can have the booster if you have had covid within a certain time.

Not all of us were deemed high risk just because we have Diabetes!
I never said that was the only reason everyone on the entire forum was deemed high risk....

I'm getting mine tomorrow morning. Hopefully I don't get the same reaction I did to my first one (feeling dizzy!). The other two were OK.

We are… Diabetes is within the definition of high risk / clinically vulnerable and so eligible for the autumn booster. Diabetes UK confirmed this for England at least.
Not all of us were deemed high risk just because we have Diabetes!

I just tried calling 119 to see whether I'm eligible and the advice from there was that the guidelines don't make it clear, so best plan would be to rock up at a walk in centre and see what they say. Has anyone tried that?

There been over 1000 excess deaths a week and a fair few have been diabetic and care for us gone down the drain.
Not for me - our surgery is really good got my flu jab booked for 21st and for my 4th covid jab 🙂

I've got both my flu and booster jab in a couple of weeks. But I am blessed with a wonderfully efficient GP practise, so am very lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back